Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #84 Overview

AM-Bunny

af05b8cf8b.png

New Speargun Weapon
• Possesses two firing modes: fire and thrown
• The Throwing attack is very powerful and has an AOE effect, but upon throwing it, you have to manually retrieve the weapon
• If you throw the spear to an inaccessible location, it will eventually return automatically, but you are limited to your secondary weapon until then
• The (Grineer) fire spear that was previewed shoots a fireball with its primary firing mode
• There is a Corpus speargun being developed too
• Click HERE to see a preview of the spear mechanics

Infested Warframe - Nidus
• Nidus' acquisition Quest will be related to The Perrin Sequence and the full release of The Index
• Has no shields but passive health regen    
• #1 creates a long line of Infestation that damages and refunds some energy based on how many enemies are hit - enough enemies can actually result in a net positive Energy gain
• #2 creates tendrils that hold enemies in place
• #3 stuns an enemy, forming a symbiotic link and makes all damage you receive go to the linked target
• His first 3 powers generate Infestation stacks that are used to pay for his #4 - these stacks are represented visually as Infested growths form on his body
• #4 requires a number of Infestation stacks to use and generates a zone of Infestation that contains maggots that fight for you and cc enemies as well as build more Infestation stacks
• Click HERE to see a gameplay preview of Nidus' powers
• Will release very soon -sometime this year

076d8dd463546bd6488b7fb2f688befd.pngd455a8d9e61b9db97f830e9d8735119b.png

New Tenno Shotgun
• Highly requested pump-action shotgun

b7217ffd7f9554e6963e3d7948719d8b.png

Limbo Revamp
• Entering and exiting The Rift will be simplified - it won't be part of his power set, but will instead be tied to his dodge and movements
• This ease of Rift management may address some of the frustrations with picking up items in The Rift and similar issues
• Experimenting with giving him the ability to freeze and stop things in The Rift to emphasize his battlefield control
• The revamp is very much in the conceptual stages - hopefully will have something more concrete in 2017

Deluxe Skins (Ember)
• There's a new Ember deluxe skin designed by Francois (IgnusDei) 
• Frost deluxe skin that was previously shown has had some good progress made, not sure if it will release in 2016 though

123a4e1d6190ab83df146051e88bc9d5.png

Other Stuff
• The Valkyr Prime cinematic trailer is being worked on, but won't release in 2016 - will ship early 2017
• The Tenno Choice Awards were held, commemorating some 2016 highlights - click HERE to see them
• Definitely will add separate armour ans syandana colouring when the UI team can make time - sounds like a good feature for early 2017
• Musician Warframe will be released in 2017
• Ceres tileset is getting a total re-master including new rain effects, volumetric lighting, new dynamic sound placement, and non-hostile worker NPC's
• Hinting at some kind of Prime buffs?

The War Within Spoilers

Riven Mods
• Before the end of the year, Riven mods for Secondary weapons will probably be released
• They are considering replacing Rifle Rivens in Sortie rewards with Secondary Rivens when they release
• No word was given on how or if Rifle Rivens would then be acquired if this idea is pursued

Thanks to the devs for another year of constant communication. Keep an eye out for the official overview from @[DE]Taylor later today!

6 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

55 seconds late man what happen ?

have you seen the snowball fight thingy ?

The forums have been ridiculously dodgy for me today.

Yeah, I thought about putting that in. As someone that loathes every iteration of Conclave, I'm not exactly excited by the prospect.

2 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Yeah, I thought about putting that in. As someone that loathes every iteration of Conclave, I'm not exactly excited by the prospect.

Don't think you're the only one either. Geting serious forum lag too.

I'd like a bit more explanation about this Prime buff stuff. It was completely random.

19 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

that was actualy a joke before the whole thing crashed 

i'm seriously thinking about calling you sanic from now on

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « sanic on you left »

He better have some decent armor to back up that no shields.  The health regen at it's current state doesn't seem like it will be enough to keep him alive.

Also those animations are slow as hell.  And the 4 seems a little underwhelming.  The stacks serve no gameplay purpose aside from using is 4 right?  so then do they expect us to spam it?  Modding him seems like a nightmare tbh.

Also that deluxe ember skin.  I need it in my life.

Oh hey, thanks for putting together an easy summary for those of us that don't have the time to watch.

Anyhoo, Nidus seems pretty interesting. I dunno if he'll be good, but a man can dream. I am interested in seeing how they tie him in with PS and the Index, though. They don't really seem to go together all that much. I am happy to see that they're continuing the Syndicate Frames thing.

No mention of the Infested door, though? I was hoping we'd at least hear if they think it's coming before the year's out.