Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Ogris good?

(PSN)CommanderC2121

the ogris has strong riven disposition and can deal fairly high damage, i currently have an ogris riven mod that i have made a build out of however i also got a pretty amazing riven for it,

however it can deal self damage and the rockets can be shot by enemies as soon as they exit the launcher causing it to blow in your face for no apparent reason

It's the best longrange (Tonkor has projectile drop) weapon for getting stealth kill multiplier. High base damage, AoE, and the nature of your farming means that the self-damage and slow charge speed don't matter.
Silence it and go to town.

Beyond that? Eh.
It has high damage and a reasonable AoE, but a very slow charge (needs 100% to fire), and full self-damage.
I prefer the Pentas.

Edited by Chroia

Yes. Try to get multishot on it. Why? Because Nightwatch Napalm. It'll now shoot 3 napalm rockets.

Now combine this with Firestorm for larger area.

Heavy Caliber too. Why Heavy Caliber? Because you'll be spreading the flames out instead of all in one spot.

Doesn't work that well against high armors, or at least I haven't found a good combination yet. But it definitely works great against infested or anything with low armor. It's like a flaming version of Torid + big explosions. Also consider using Adhesive Blast if you don't have Napalm, which can cause Slash damage which ignores armor. Personally I haven't tried it yet, but should be pretty interesting if it works together with Napalm...

Edited by SunsetChaos

5 hours ago, SunsetChaos said:

Yes. Try to get multishot on it. Why? Because Nightwatch Napalm. It'll now shoot 3 napalm rockets.

Now combine this with Firestorm for larger area.

Heavy Caliber too. Why Heavy Caliber? Because you'll be spreading the flames out instead of all in one spot.

Doesn't work that well against high armors, or at least I haven't found a good combination yet. But it definitely works great against infested or anything with low armor. It's like a flaming version of Torid + big explosions. Also consider using Adhesive Blast if you don't have Napalm, which can cause Slash damage which ignores armor. Personally I haven't tried it yet, but should be pretty interesting if it works together with Napalm...

My riven mod adds 130% multishot

11 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

BOOM! Done, you just tripled the damage with 20% chance of a quadruple.

Now put a maxed Heavy Calliber for the deadliest shotgun in the game.

I don't think you have seen the spread of an ogris shot with a max heavy cal. The rockets literally go to the sky.

18 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I don't think you have seen the spread of an ogris shot with a max heavy cal. The rockets literally go to the sky.

I have, I had the rockets shot at 90º Degrees from the barrel.

I said that it would be the deadliest shotgun.... I didnt say to whom.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

The Ogris is incredible against enemies that aren't above level 100 and armored. High level Grineer and Corrupted are probably out of reach, unless your riven mod helps with that, or you use Madurai. It's great for everything else though.

Got a riven with + multishot, crit chance, and impact. - zoom (i zoom out when i ads now, lol)

1 minute ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Got a riven with + multishot, crit chance, and impact. - zoom (i zoom out when i ads now, lol)

LOL. Multishot with status chance, raw damage, electricity damage, or toxin damage is probably ideal. Ogris really doesn't benefit from crit stats, as I found out trying to make use of my crit damage riven mod. my reroll has multishot and electricity damage, but It bought the reload time over 4 seconds.

8 hours ago, SunsetChaos said:

Heavy Caliber too. Why Heavy Caliber? Because you'll be spreading the flames out instead of all in one spot

Imo it's too much of an accuracy loss since just like the Torid it suffers a higher penalty to accuracy (it goes below 10 with a maxed Heavy Cal I believe), I prefer to use it for long range cc, beyond that without Chroma or another frame that can't take a hit I won't use it at all.

Edited by Madway7

6 hours ago, Madway7 said:

Imo it's too much of an accuracy loss since just like the Torid it suffers a higher penalty to accuracy (it goes below 10 with a maxed Heavy Cal I believe), I prefer to use it for long range cc, beyond that without Chroma or another frame that can't take a hit I won't use it at all.

I didn't say you have to use a maxed HC. I didn't maxed mine. And yes, you could change your build so that if you want range, you would replace HC with something else. With HC+Firestorm+Napalm, it's simply amazing for infested defense or mobbing. There's very few times that you'll be using Ogris in long range because it has a slowish flight speed.