The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"We Want To Reduce The Grind..."

Prime-Ares

14 minutes ago, ShogunNoir said:

You consider 7000 Oxium EASY? 

If you don't then I'm guessing you're either undersourced, or your clan doesn't have the habit to organize farming rallies for resources. Do you have a Despoil Nekros, a Swarm Hydroid, or an Ivara? You can easily acquire 7k oxium with any of those.

17 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I have close to 500 Mutigen Samples from consistently playing for years. How do we get 500k for my clan? XD

With the whole clan pitching in all those unused Samples. Clan researches are definitely not scaled for a single player to bank in everything. If you do, your clan is severely inactive, search for another one.

35 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

...and when exactly do we plan on doing this?

Using new and/or Prime equipment as basis for that argument is... Huh.

By which I mean, you're definitely not supposed to get them all on a single day. Be a bit more patient!

2 minutes ago, Sangiros said:

If you don't then I'm guessing you're either undersourced, or your clan doesn't have the habit to organize farming rallies for resources. Do you have a Despoil Nekros, a Swarm Hydroid, or an Ivara? You can easily acquire 7k oxium with any of those.

With the whole clan pitching in all those unused Samples. Clan researches are definitely not scaled for a single player to bank in everything. If you do, your clan is severely inactive, search for another one.

Using new and/or Prime equipment as basis for that argument is... Huh.

By which I mean, you're definitely not supposed to get them all on a single day. Be a bit more patient!

Well if every single person in my Clan actually had around 500 to donate among 749 people it still wouldn't come close to finishing it. ;o

Just now, Wolfdoggie said:

Well if every single person in my Clan actually had around 500 to donate among 749 people it still wouldn't come close to finishing it. ;o

Sadly, yes, but mutagen samples aren't terribly rare. Matter of fact, any Nekros doing any mission on Eris could definitely supply it like water in a few dozen runs. Though I'm sure that for a 500-limit clan the cost is reduced compared to the rest of Mountains and Moon Clans :x

Then again, this inflated cost is pretty much DE's answer to everyone complaining about how the broken-down resources are useless, with Fieldrons, Injectors and Masses being distributed as a whole on Invasion missions. Welp...!

Grind a crap mission for 20 minutes to have a chance for a Nidus components to drop when the blueprint is a reward from the most broken buggy quest to be released in years. You know, that mission that probably ate 200,000+ of your credits due to forced mission failures and bugs? Hope you didn't expect to get a chance at the part you need every Rotation C though, because you're going to get Stretch mods half the time. Oh and let's not forget the fact that you can get duplicate component pieces. So expect a three hour grind investment MINIMUM for a quest reward Warframe. Great job DE. You have successfully demonstrated that you will say one thing and do another. If this is your idea of reducing the grind then I don't even know what to tell you.

Edited by Mints

guys, calm your teats, it's probably a bug. DE seem to have thrown this out before the holidays with the intention of fixing it when they return to the office in the new year. until then, play in moderation, or spend time with your families, that's what the holidays are about after all.

that and getting so drunk that Vay Hek looks like he's got Lotus' curves XD!

To the people saying "ez farm", you're being ridiculous. By that I don't mean that it's anywhere near impossible to farm these things, but they're so obviously overpriced compared to nearly everything else in the game, that the statement completely falls apart - The "git gud" attitude is little more than bait to infuriate others.

As for the Hema, it has to be a bug.

1 minute ago, Buff00n said:

Prepare your salt:

Thanks for the link. No salt from me, I spent some of my hard earned plat on buying the whole pack, so I skipped all the grief. As for my clan mates, sucks to be them and everyone else who has to grind. On the upside, at least you feel like you earned it.

It's fairly discouraging to see however.

As far as I can tell, it's pretty good and should be sortie worthy as a status weapon. The life-steal on headshots I need to test more, but it seems powerful.

11 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

It's fairly discouraging to see however.

It's a worrying trend.  The justification is basically that the Hema has a new and unique mechanic and is somehow "worth more effort" to acquire.  However, DE has stated that they want to start making more weapons with new and unique mechanics.  My take away is that this is only the beginning of a new era in outrageous research/build requirements.  

I kept my mouth shut with Knux, and Wukong, and Sibear, and Vauban Prime.  But Hema represents a several orders of magnitude resource creep, trivializing all other things that need Mutagen Samples or Neurodes.

2 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

It's a worrying trend.  The justification is basically that the Hema has a new and unique mechanic and is somehow "worth more effort" to acquire.  However, DE has stated that they want to start making more weapons with new and unique mechanics.  My take away is that this is only the beginning of a new era in outrageous research/build requirements.  

I kept my mouth shut with Knux, and Wukong, and Sibear, and Vauban Prime.  But Hema represents a several orders of magnitude resource creep, trivializing all other things that need Mutagen Samples or Neurodes.

Well said.

Pointless effort, is more like it. I suppose the new salvage mode may drop more of these samples, but there's no quality gameplay or time spent grinding for one rifle. Even the argument of "it's something to do" falls flat on its butt when the requirements are so absurd.

5 hours ago, Sangiros said:

Sadly, yes, but mutagen samples aren't terribly rare. Matter of fact, any Nekros doing any mission on Eris could definitely supply it like water in a few dozen runs. Though I'm sure that for a 500-limit clan the cost is reduced compared to the rest of Mountains and Moon Clans :x

You sure about that? Because my experience over multiple runs on Eris shows that it takes on average a few hundred kills to even get a single drop even with a Nekros.

eg:

s3tWYlk.jpg

(and that's with my friend playing as Nekros)

This is a full run going up to rotation C on the new infested salvage mission. Nearly a thousand kills with a Nekros on my team and we got a total of 3 Mutagen Samples. Other runs we did showed similar results. You're trying to tell me that at this rate, it will only take a few dozen runs to get the 5000 required mutagen samples?

Edited by vinc120

6 hours ago, Greenshockclaw said:

Don't forget: the entirety of the relic system, Ivara, atlas, the sibear, limbo, kela 2.0, etc. 

Except the Sibear, they were all still reasonable grind-walls -fences.
500 mutagen samples from every single clanmate just to start a research... hmm nah, that's a bit over the top :I

1 hour ago, Buff00n said:

Can't help but start thinking about the shotgun that was teased a week or so back when I read this. Especially given the fact that the concept art had different types of shells. Could be the next weapon in the new trend of stupidly high research requirements for guns with unique mechanics . 

18 minutes ago, Helljack84 said:

We reduced the grind by increasing it by 1031%. I don't think that's how you reduce grind.

Well DE never intended on reducing the grind. That just simply wasn't true. DE wants to increase the grind because it encourages players to buy plat to bypass the grind. Honestly, it's not the grind that's the issue. It's that it's RNG-based, and that the drop chances are just too low. But you know what? Their strategy worked on me. I don't grind for anything. Either I buy the item, or I just don't get the item at all.

Edited by AntoineFlemming