Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why doesnt warframe listen to their community???

bova_love

They listen a lot. Just because they don't cave in and bend to every request from every player doesn't mean they don't listen at all. That's like saying that because vegetarians don't eat meat, they must not eat any food at all ever. They do, they're just selective. So are the [DE] Devs. Give credit where it is due.

They do listen, but with alot of things they either have too much on their plate to get around to.

Also they do sometimes listen and then disregard everything the community says about something - case and point the sniper rework. :/

1 hour ago, bova_love said:

This is what is wrong with warframe, Many people have requests and bugs to share with the devs, but they never really listen... 

Switch Teleported from Feedback]General to General Discussion, since it doesn't seem feedback for DE, but rather a discussion between players.

They do listen, but:

- they are not forced to do what WE want, or how we want it to be done. They have their own objectives, too.

- Often, they need a lot of time to gather the feedback, prepare the changes and then implement them.

- "we" as a Community are very far from being unanimous on our feedbacks, opinions and suggestions. We are a crowd of yelling voices, with always contradictory opinions on what should be done and how, what should be worked on first, who is right and who should not speak at all.

- the people on the forums are the ones who often are "dissatisfied" or "wanting a change". When players are fine with the game as it is, they just don't come here. As a result, DE relativize what is said on the forums, since it's not what "absolutely everyone in the galaxy" wants.

- Aaand, sometimes DE just don't understand what is our problem with some aspects of the game and make a wrong move. Because they don't play it as much as we do, and they don't realize what we are talking about.

- Or they need this unpopular aspect to ensure the subsistence of their studio or its development.

The only thing we can do, is continue to give constructive and respectful feedback, or just give up: either we take the game as is, with its flaws and we try to improve it step by step with DE, or we take a break from it (temporary or permanent).

Better question is what is wrong with you? Instead of making a general rant thread, list the specific requests and issues that are important to you to generate some constructive discussion and interest. That will do more to get these things in front of the community and devs. 

DE listens to their community more closely than pretty much any other developing company I've seen. But they're a (relatively) small dev team handling a more or less infinite stream of player concerns, not all of which they necessarily agree with. If you want proof, there's a laundry list of things that were implemented directly as a result of player feedback--including, to name a few, most of the deluxe skins, several weapons (the Mios, Kronen, and Silva & Aegis for instance), at least a few warframes (Chroma, Zephyr, Mesa, Nova), stealth attacks, and every frame rework to date.

Believe me, they listen.

2 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

DE listens to their community more closely than pretty much any other developing company I've seen. But they're a (relatively) small dev team handling a more or less infinite stream of player concerns, not all of which they necessarily agree with. If you want proof, there's a laundry list of things that were implemented directly as a result of player feedback--including, to name a few, most of the deluxe skins, several weapons (the Mios, Kronen, and Silva & Aegis for instance), at least a few warframes (Chroma, Zephyr, Mesa, Nova), stealth attacks, and every frame rework to date.

Believe me, they listen.

Out of curosity on a scale of 1/10 of DE listening to the community where would you say they fall on the scale?

Just now, Beowulf57 said:

Out of curosity on a scale of 1/10 of DE listening to the community where would you say they fall on the scale?

If we're talking about "listening to the community" as in reading feedback, responding to player concerns, conveying development plans/intentions, and generally being in communication, I'd say a 9 or 10. Easily. They're on the forums basically every day, they host two regular streaming events (Prime Time and devstreams) with community involvement, they give advance notice when updates get delayed (and work like crazy to ship them when they set a hard deadline), and, as I mentioned already, there's a long list of game changes--even some very big ones--that came about directly because of player feedback. The only other dev company I've interacted with that I think rivals DE is Riot Games, and they have the advantage of being a much larger company.

I don't strictly agree with all of the things DE says (or does), but I've never doubted they were listening.

@Everyone It seems that the OP is having problems logging into his warframe account. The thing is, he's only made his first post about it on the forums about 20 hours ago (from this comment). Even if we assume he sent in a ticket, which I doubt, yesterday was Christmas weekend. Nobody was even working then.

@bova_love If you are having problems with your account, then don't wait for three days and simply post on the forums. Send in a ticket, wait for a response, and try to be patient. Someone will try to help you as soon as they can, but don't expect it to be instant. It could take a while because the devs get tickets filed to them everyday. So, if it takes longer than you'd like, don't send in more tickets as it won't help. Just be patient and wait for help.

Things DE listened to the community about (of which community members were divided, so none of these demands were unanimous)

-Frost nerf of 2014(?)

-bladestorm buff of early 2015(?)

-Frost rework

-valkyr armor buff

-valkyr hysteria toggle

-valkyr nerf

-trinity nerf

-bladestorm nerf

Anyone want to help add?

53 minutes ago, bova_love said:

This is what is wrong with warframe, Many people have requests and bugs to share with the devs, but they never really listen... 

The do listen to the community, however, there are times it seems they don't simply  because the community is so divided on many issues, or what the community wants doesn't line up with what DE has envisioned. 

they do listen, but they can't seem to add without taking away sometimes, and there are still crucial issues such as Armor Scaling, Reward systems and weapon balance that have not yet been addressed, even though they have been brought p many times. it's like they run out and close the door when we say "thanks for fixing Ash but what about the armor sca-.*slam*. oh, ok then..."

I know we don't always have the best ideas, but there have been times where we could have thought of better things than they have.

36 minutes ago, Cryozar said:

Things DE listened to the community about (of which community members were divided, so none of these demands were unanimous)

-Frost nerf of 2014(?)

-bladestorm buff of early 2015(?)

-Frost rework

-valkyr armor buff

-valkyr hysteria toggle

-valkyr nerf

-trinity nerf

-bladestorm nerf

Anyone want to help add?

-Remove Nitain from sorties

I guarantee DE listens to the community. However, if they acted on everything we said, we'd get a mess. This is still their game, and they're allowed to do what they want.

If they didn't read the bug reports, the game would be as buggy as a fresh release. The community brings these bugs to light and they fix them as necessary. Although I will admit they do seem to let a large amount remain if they're too minor. Which can get annoying.

Edited by (PS4)Stanicek3
I have rights.

3 hours ago, Cryozar said:

Anyone want to help add?

Nova (basically in her entirety, thanks DC)

a large portion of the Augment mods

most of Volt's tweaks this year

changing vacuum back to 12m within a day when people got hissy about it

Tonkor nerf

removal of old, unintuitive Fusion system (fuse Mods into other Mods)

upcoming Limbo rework

having a Design Council (what other games do you know that have that?)

In one other game (no name, no hate) devs nerfed one things close to OP, while leaving others in game for months and months, and lied to misinformed players saying they want to reduce grind and rng, while adding tons of grind and rng.

They implemented a new mechanic (buffing gems) with intention to get players to use low-lvl weapons, but in the meantime implemented gems for the "best" weapons, so everyone were aiming at them, and only a small percentage of people even tried to use those low-lvl weapons with buffing gems. 

They released new armor sets without any testing, as it seems. Some of them is just op, so the forum began to burst with "have you tired of being in dungeons with dudes with only that armor" threads. Some of them is mediocre, which makes players scratch their heads - why would i use this new mediocre armor, when the one existing a couple of years now does everything similar, and better? Some of them were just garbage, which were used by ~1% of playerbase for less then 1% of average play time. 

Each year or two devs re-invented the bicycle, changing existing mechanics instead of adding new ones. For the last YEAR there were no decent new content for the players, only countless reworks for the armor sets, and some of them weren't even needed. While leaving garbage armors in the trash bin.

Forum was like a treasury with great ideas from players who loved that game, and wanted it to prosper, because nobody would argue, that happy player base = happy developer (in emotional AND capitalistic sense) but those ideas like dragon's gold, they never (or just too god damn long didn't) saw a sunlight. 

Thank god DE is not like that. 

Edited by Irn-bruman

10 hours ago, bova_love said:

This post makes me insanely angry and i would really like to do things to you.....😂

Although i don't agree with everything they do especially lately. DE do listen but everyone has different views and everyone wants different things.😕

All we can do is offer our own thoughts. If you want to see bad communication log into anything EA..... especially Battlefront EA and Galaxy Of Heroes.😂

DE does listen.

Or why do you think the big complaint threads are getting locked now? (Here and on the Steam forums about the same time, give or take a couple hours.) Sure, some of them had some heated knight duels in them... but still.

The thing is, listening to and reacting in the correct way about something are quite different things. Inb4 this thread goes away very soon.

Edited by Dusklite

2 hours ago, Dusklite said:

DE does listen.

Or why do you think the big complaint threads are getting locked now? (Here and on the Steam forums about the same time, give or take a couple hours.) Sure, some of them had some heated knight duels in them... but still.

The thing is, listening to and reacting in the correct way about something are quite different things. Inb4 this thread goes away very soon.

Reacting in the correct way is an issue DE and fellow company men seem to be having in response to multiple bad decisions they have been making recently. We are not here to get gold stars and a pat on the head from DE, and DE can't afford to take the superiority/appeal to authority route when money is on the line. If they want to be stubborn because of ego, then cya. I'm being generous and waiting a few weeks after the holidays before expecting a positive attempt from them in making a turn around, but if they do not, I see no further reason to financially support this game and see more reason to spread the bad word about this game to friends, other sites and throughout general social media.

Edited by UrielColtan