Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie players not being high enough MR

(PSN)ChickenBeesGood

I have got to say I play the sortie everyday and do not mind helping out other players I do it all day but I really do dislike it when a MR7 or something joins and does nothing and then tries to say how I should play and that I'm not good I really think that the MR lock for sorties should be raised to something like MR12 leave a reply on how you feel about this :) 

Mastery isn't a measure of skill or of time played. It's a measure of how much stuff the player has ranked up. Your post basically reads "I don't like playing with people who have ranked up less stuff than me and sorties should require you rank up more stuff to play them." Put like that it doesn't make much sense, does it?

Sorties already have a MR lock on them. You can't access them until you complete TWW. I've been matched with MR7-9 players before and they were fine - an MR23 could be equally as insulting and useless to you, so that's something that shouldn't even remotely factor into an argument for a higher MR lock. Beyond that, MR12 would be way too much.

To access sorties, you have to have completed the Sedna Junction as well as completed The Second Dream and TWW. Sedna requires things that a 100% useless player would struggle to complete. Someone being lazy and belligerent =/= their MR being the problem.

17 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Mastery isn't a measure of skill or of time played. It's a measure of how much stuff the player has ranked up. Your post basically reads "I don't like playing with people who have ranked up less stuff than me and sorties should require you rank up more stuff to play them." Put like that it doesn't make much sense, does it?

Still, you have to admit that you never see a veteran MR7 player these days. It's not just discrimination, it goes a step beyond that, you are entitled to make the assumption that a MR<10 player is unexperienced / not well equipped. 

After I look at his profile and see that he has 100h played should I also assume it means nothing compared to "skill"?

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

7 hours ago, Imaru said:

Well, it's not just ranking stuff up, it's time spent farming and thus fusing mods and forma-ing frames & weapons.

That said, yesterday I played a defense fissure on Earth to wave 30 with an MR1 guy, genuine new player with Mk-1 weapons, no defensive mods yet for his frame or anything. Didn't die, did his part of the damage as well as he could, didn't even have relics but stayed with it. So I agree, there's good and bad players at every MR level - I've seen MR23 guys in sorties afk, constantly die, deal no damage, etc.

tl;dr: I'm against additional MR barriers. Sortie loot tables are aimed at new players, anyway.

Edited by Snib

On 1/15/2017 at 6:29 PM, Imaru said:

nonsense. You are using the exception to argue against the rule. 99% of the time MR level does indicate general skill level, at least up to MR 10-12 or so. Sure a couple of people could play many hours without ranking up much gear but that is very rare. So MR generally parallels playtime, witch in general parallels familiarity with the game, its mechanics, it's missions, and general skill.

If I see 3 MR 23s in a mission, I'm FAR more likely to encounter skilled players with good gear than if i join 3 MR 5 players. It's that simple.

While you can argue that TWW is a good enough barrier and will result in higher MR players in sorties than the MR 4 that is the lock, it's hard to argue that MR is not correlated with skill.

Edited by Shockwave-

On 1/15/2017 at 6:16 PM, (PS4)xViiBe_Witness said:

when a MR7 or something joins and does nothing and then tries to say how I should play and that I'm not good

I too do the sortie every day - and the only part of this I occasionally see is the "does nothing" part - and even then its hard to tell.  What are you basing the does nothing on? kills? so if an MR7 brings an EVTrin and has few to no kills they did nothing?  Or if they didn't hack a hostages cell? 

And telling you how you should play and that you're not good - huh: isn't that what you're doing right now to MR7's?

If you want to restrict MR in your sortie runs, go to your clan, recruiting chat or do them solo. All are simple solutions to non-existent problems.

There are founders out there that still actively play and are below MR 10. MR has very little to do with skill. Its just a testament to how much power leveling you've done in most cases. There are tonne of people that have been playing for around 2-3 months and they are already MR 18. I only recently hit MR 18 and I've been here for 4 years. So na, this isn't a solution to what is a rare issue at best. I've played with plenty of MR 18+  players that have no idea what they're doing.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Are you also aware that there are a ton of founders who just bought the package and didn´t touch the game since then ? 

And there is also a difference playing for XY years for almost every single day and maybe about a week and then not playing for 3 months or so.

MR = skill , stop arguing 

Oh it really bugs me when low MR players actually refuse to help or talk crap, I mean it happens with high MR players too, but less often. I had one guy in a defense mission tell me i was useless. He had 1% damage done and i was something like 77%. It irked me that i was carrying this player on my back and yet he was so ungrateful and rude. So i quit the mission and I honestly hope it failed.

If the Sortie requirement was still just MR4 and a maxed frame then I'd be inclined to agree something more is needed. Since SotR that 'something more' has been added. Completion of TWW and the necessary quests and junctions up to that point. In order to have done that, the players need to have been able to do solo some tricky things (at the very least, the last part of SD, the main chunk of TWW, all the Spectres and all the MR challenges to 7). It shows that in theory, the player has a grasp on various aspects of the game.

Now, if the player then puts on all crap tier levelling fodder and then stands there afk or being snarky and not helping - that's got nothing to do with their MR or their ability. You can't institute a check for player attitude, other than your own Leave Squad button...

On 1/17/2017 at 11:56 AM, -Helsing- said:

-snip-

MR = skill , stop arguing 

It really doesn't. I know plenty of people below MR10 who just don't want to level for the sake of a number. For the longest time I stayed at MR9 because I didn't care to level anything, I was content with what I had in my arsenal.

MR does not equal skill but rather how much of a grind you've done, and even then not very thanks to xp caves. I've seen too many high MR players who still don't know what they are doing. The better stat to go off of is time played, and even then it's still a rough guess.

And to the OP:

It really depends, in what regard were they doing nothing? What is it based on?

And even then, an MR lock would really only lock some out. Higher MR players will still do the same, and don't say they won't. You aren't the only one who does sorties everyday and sees this.

this wont solve anything, not everybody cares about mastery.... i for example had quite a few frames and proper endgame builds when i was still on mastery 8.... because i just didnt care about the rank. i've seen mastery 23 players that played worse than some mastery 4 players..... 

Edited by ..-Hayden-Tenno-..

Had a high MR player in yesterday's Interception sortie who had an "emergency" and AFKed in the first wave, to never come back. The rest of us finally just left toward the end of the second wave, and what happened when I loaded into a new match just seconds later? He was there, surprisingly NOT AFK.

MR doesn't matter; player laziness matters.

Edit: And I too stayed at MR9 for months on end even though I had enough mastery for rank 16 at the time. Just didn't bother for a while. 

Edited by Cat__Nap

On 1/16/2017 at 0:41 AM, -BM-Leonhart said:

Still, you have to admit that you never see a veteran MR7 player these days.

After I look at his profile and see that he has 100h played should I also assume it means nothing compared to "skill"?

And ?

You would prefer a "Veteran" with 600h played between 2013 and 2014 than a "newbie" with 200h played over the last 3 months ?

Being a "Veteran" doesn't mean you're the best player of the solar system. That just means you likely know how to play... on obsolete gameplays with now obsolete mods and loadouts.

Sorties MR doesn't have any issue. Put a MR23 restriction if you want, you'll still find useless scrubs in your sorties.

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

And ?

You would prefer a "Veteran" with 600h played between 2013 and 2014 than a "newbie" with 200h played over the last 3 months ?

Being a "Veteran" doesn't mean you're the best player of the solar system. That just means you likely know how to play... on obsolete gameplays with now obsolete mods and loadouts.

Sorties MR doesn't have any issue. Put a MR23 restriction if you want, you'll still find useless scrubs in your sorties.

There are already plenty of restrictions in place right now, since only if you complete TWW you can play Sorties. And that requires the 2 main quests and the last planet unlocked. It's already way better than when MR4s were roaming the place like they could actually do more than 1% of the job.

These days, it's a given the more experienced the player, the higher MR he will have. There are lots of requirements in place for weapons and Rivens, not to mention the multitude of advantages you have for those. Any player that is at least willing to improve himself while in this game will aim for at least MR16. Those times when you could be MR8 and have everything there is and no need for more MR are OVER.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

7 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

There are already plenty of restrictions in place right now, since only if you complete TWW you can play Sorties. And that requires the 2 main quests and the last planet unlocked. It's already way better than when MR4s were roaming the place like they could actually do more than 1% of the job.

These days, it's a given the more experienced the player, the higher MR he will have. There are lots of requirements in place for weapons and Rivens, not to mention the multitude of advantages you have for those. Any player that is at least willing to improve himself while in this game will aim for at least MR16. Those times when you could be MR8 and have everything there is and no need for more MR are OVER.

As long as Riven mods and Syndicate Weapons are not mandatory for Sorties (Are they ?), there isn't any problem with having MR8 in Sorties. They may be as optimized as you are, they could even have more forma in their stuff than any random MR23.

what sortie mission do you need help with? why does their MR rank matter if you can do all the content solo? Only reason I go public sorties is just to try to make them go by slightly faster. If you consider someone not helpful don't revive them when they die. The only players you should really be concerned with when doing sorties are leeches during defense missions. There is a difference between attempting to help while being carried and intentionally leeching. 

I'd rather take a mr 6 excal that is blinding enemies than the nyx sitting in bubble waiting for the mission to be over. (MR 6 is the lowest i've played with) but it was like a rescue mission so it didn't even matter just Limbo and go.