The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glast Gambit: Update 19.8.0

[DE]Megan

My settings were reset and I'm not the only one.  Graphics and audio might be relatively easy to adjust and I'm thankful my keybindings remain.  However, it's going to take me ages of trial and error to find the right sensitivity settings again.

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Infested Moas sometimes teleporting after dodging.

Awesome stuff. Unfortunately, Leapers are still doing this (just had it happen while playing solo). Couldn't check (Corpus) Ospreys yet but they did it before as well. Also, Grineer troops when attempting to take cover teleport, too.

Edited by rngd444

Perfect timing DE. 

Credits are literally nothing to established players. They just pile up on them and the only attention they pay to credits at all is the occasional glance up to see "wow I'm at 100,000,000. Neat!" Is a weapon that helps people farm credits really were we are focusing development time?

New players, like me, however, do struggle a little bit with credits. So, I decided to put the plat in to one of those money-whips so I could actually start maxing some of the expensive mods. Bought one and found that it was pretty good, and made it possible to farm a reasonable amount of credits, but still needed something more. See to those of us who actually stand to benefit from it, it really wasn't OP. I was able to earn about 50k from a 5 minutes dark-sector survival. That's more balanced with the mod costs. It meant I could get that last 700k level on a primed mod in a little more than an hour if that's all I did, non-stop. So, I farmed up a Chroma, a frame that a lot of people love but I would never have messed with except that I may mean another 10k/5min and, remember, I'm still in that tiny little section of time where that means something. I finished (and rushed for plat) my chroma yesterday. So, again, perfect timing DE. 

Thank you so much for shutting down that game-breaking money-whip that so many players where complaining about. All the OP frame mechanics like the time freezing Rhino can definitely wait, as long as you maintain that first few months credit wall for new players.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Host being able to Vacuum around items on Clients' screens and having items be stuck in the air where the Host last Vacuumed them to. Also fixes Clients momentarily pulling items that they couldn't use

It took at minimum of as long as I've been playing (about a year) but we finally got there... I hope...

5 hours ago, JohnViande said:

I don't really care about the Lecta nerf - only purchased it from my Syndicate 2 weeks ago, and didn't farm that much - but I don't see the point in the Mastery Rank multiplier. Players with lower MR are the ones that actually need more credits, aren't they?

+1 agree ...poor low MR -_-

5 hours ago, JohnViande said:

I don't really care about the Lecta nerf - only purchased it from my Syndicate 2 weeks ago, and didn't farm that much - but I don't see the point in the Mastery Rank multiplier. Players with lower MR are the ones that actually need more credits, aren't they?

At MR13, the Lecta now earns me an additional 2-3k for a credit farm dark sector run. It's basically a stronger, but still trash, version of one of the worst weapons in the game now. Exactly as you say, it was only ever good for us nubs anyway. Why not nerf its damage or something to make it harder to run those crazy long missions that people were actually getting insane amounts of credits from, and leave us little lowbies alone with it? 

1 minute ago, Rejtar said:

"We want make less grind in this game... so we will nerf secura lecta so you can grind more! " - DE

R.I.P Lecta

I'm honestly upset about it, if noone noticed. 

Literally, just now got to the point where it felt like I could stop being held back for lack of credits, and this. Yesterday I was feeling good because I could put in a good long day of credit farming and level up some new mods and get back to fun stuff. Today, I'm back to I guess making one week a month credit farming week for a while? I'm sure I won't burn out because of that. Credit farming for 27k a run and needing millions is so much fun, I'll just keep coming back for more.

Thank you for this content update, especially some of those changes and fixes!

However, I still have a concern regarding the Glast Gambit quest. I am actually less bothered by the alignment change than the actual RESULT that I received from my actions.

While the alignment progression is fixed, there's still no proper retroactive fix for the E-MAIL that we receive at the end, and so while I picked to "Let Neewa choose", I got an e-mail suggesting I "Sent Neewa home" instead.

Since you guys made the effort of introducing this system within quests, and bringing players to be involved in the story/lore/characters this way, it would be wise, in my opinion, to make sure that such bugs are retroactively fixed so those who are involved are properly rewarded. Any chance of such a fix any time soon? I'm sure this can be done if you guys could do the alignment fix.

It really does leave a bitter feeling to me that the choice I made isn't registered due to a game bug, since currently my alignment says nothing of my actions as much as the characters involved (in this case, Neewa).

Thank you.

Edited by Casardis

3 hours ago, Serbian2G said:

Just one tiny detail i would like to know, did you run with or without booster? I'm just curious.

With booster, a stated.

2 hours ago, Xterpin said:

and also what mr are u? The cred boost on secura lecta goes by MR now.

Pal and me were over MR18, we did the killing as stated in the edit.

53 minutes ago, quebirt said:

Perfect timing DE. 

Credits are literally nothing to established players. They just pile up on them and the only attention they pay to credits at all is the occasional glance up to see "wow I'm at 100,000,000. Neat!" -snip-

All the OP frame mechanics like the time freezing Rhino can definitely wait,-snip-

You got it wrong buddy. 4k hour vet here, I have no idea how some MR14's go around with 600m creds. I barely had an average of 7m, often dropping to 3-4m (specially after DS pay nerf). At this point you start doing stuff like maxing primed mods, buying pedestal primes etc etc. Which means, if you actually play the game, creds are always burning out quicker than you earn them, playing "normally".

And don't touch my Rhino. Specific frame setups take work to achieve, it's not like i pay 200 plat and insta win everything.

3 hours ago, ArchPhaeton said:

So I just tested it. 25 waves of infested defense used to yield a million creds with booster. Same setup gave 331k this time, close to the theoretical 333k it would give.

Confirmed, Lecta now is 1/3 of what it was before. And the costs for everything remain the same...

Edit: With over MR18 players doing the killing.

This is the problem with it. What made secura lecta a viable weapon was that it made it possible for people like me to go in to solo dark sector missions and make ~50k in 5 minutes. Nothing game-breaking, just a reasonable payout. Lessened the grind a little (like they say they want to do). However, apparently for people who could put the groups together, or didn't mind spamming recruiting chat or whatever, it was millions in no time. If that's the problem, can the developers at DE not think of a way to "fix" it so that it still works for a credit booster on the level that it's helpful to newbs, without being crazy on the high end? Wait, did I just answer my own question? "Credit Booster" Now it makes perfect sense. I was thinking "they are concerned with balance and THIS is what they focus on?" They are concerned with selling credit boosters. 

2 minutes ago, ArchPhaeton said:

You got it wrong buddy. 4k hour vet here, I have no idea how some MR14's go around with 600m creds. I barely had an average of 7m, often dropping to 3-4m (specially after DS pay nerf). At this point you start doing stuff like maxing primed mods, buying pedestal primes etc etc. Which means, if you actually play the game, creds are always burning out quicker than you earn them, playing "normally".

And don't touch my Rhino. Specific frame setups take work to achieve, it's not like i pay 200 plat and insta win everything.

I'm not calling your Rhino out specifically. Just saying they have plenty of balance issues to work out before they start attacking a mechanic that enable us to reduce the grind for credits. If it's making it possible for people to rake in millions in minutes, fix that. Do it without making the thing useless for the people who need it. If you're worried about balance, do something about my valk prime who has literally never died in hysteria and can maintain it pretty much indefinitely anywhere that's challenging.

1 minute ago, quebirt said:

-snip- However, apparently for people who could put the groups together, or didn't mind spamming recruiting chat or whatever, it was millions in no time. -snip-

Hold on there man. Getting that setup requires a bit of effort, specially to achieve the 1 wave 1 minute average. The frames I use for setups like this often have 2 to 5 formas, and the lecta and backup weapons too; my lecta has 4 formas and 3 primed mods, sure it melts everything but because of the effort put into it. It's not like you randomly gather and magic ensues. Even getting the team to cooperate can be difficult at times; so a mix of properly fit frames and weapons, plus a bit of experience gives you the good results. So yeah, more effort (even if it's a tiny bit) for better results.

3 minutes ago, quebirt said:

-snip-  If it's making it possible for people to rake in millions in minutes, fix that. -snip-

Thing is we spend millions in minutes as well. The first time you max a Redirection or Serration the cred cost immediately stands out. As you progress through the game you get more and more rank 10 mods worth maxing, from commons like redir/vit, basics like serration/hornet, rares like transient/narrowminded, primes like flow/continuity. Baro stuff, assorted foundry items, etc etc. The only people I don't see struggling with creds are the ones that just buy the stuff off others.

I feel ya tho, the lecta was a help even if you didn't get in the "exploit" squads. This points us to the real issue at hand, the rates at which we spend creds vs the rate at which we earn creds, without epically farming them aka. "playing normally".

6 hours ago, Pegasy said:

This would take forever now...

ir90lrm.png 

wait... how and why? and wtf?

Was the the lecta bugs? Cause when they said they saw some high numbers, I was expecting like, 1 mill or 2 mill per mission. But was this really what it was?