Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR1 players doing high lvl content

Fugana

1 minute ago, (PS4)theelix said:

My entire point is just that a good portion of the time, they're not cooperating within the mission, which is why I say that they are not playing the game. It's unfair to the other people in the lobby. 

I'm not saying it's unfair to help a friend, but when that friend doesn't have the capacity to do anything of actual value, like provide sufficient CC, revive someone, or kill enemies to defend the objective, that's when it becomes unfair. It's different from when we lose the ability to do such by becoming overwhelmed in the later rounds of a survival or defense. We had the capacity and lost it, he never had the capacity to begin with. It is a video game, I understand. I'm don't think we should have someone punish them in any way outside, or even inside the game. 

I suppose I should also rephrase. It's not a problem per say, it's just of... disappointing? It doesn't greatly change anything besides the spawn rate and level of the enemies by a few points that are, honestly, negligible at best. 

I do see your point, however, and now that I've looked at the screenshot a few more times, I'm understanding better. The OP was simply rude the entire time, and that's not excusable. 

Rephrasing that sheds a different light on it, I see your point.

I in fact would also share it if the missions are of the nature where you would need all four to pitch in to carry the mission.

In OP's case and in most cases where taxi-ing is a thing, the missions go for 20 waves esque at most from my experience coaching newbies. At those levels the only people who would actually have a problem with team comp would be other people looking to leech themselves. If you're there to kill stuff really you're competing with other geared people most of the time so it's better for you the less capable they are. But if you're leeching as well....that sucks, now you both are having a hard time

In stuff like Mot, or high level stuff or missions where you need participation I am 100% behind you: no one should leech.

But Akkad is hardly high level and OP hardly should have been having trouble. 

In easy missions like that it's the height of churlishness to be as toxic as OP was.

I really wish one of their names were a little longer so you had to take extra care to blur it out. 

That said, this game is grindy.

I don't blame them trying to boost levels, it's a PVE game. 

I have helped my friends power-level on Draco (when that was a thing) and now Akkad. I thought nothing of it since it would allow them to access a higher MR for new weapons and stuff like that. Plus, small loot for us could be a substantial amount to them.

I stopped ranking at MR16, i have 2900 hours in(from memory) and 1,090,000 XP. I am not a Founder. On the rare occasion I play in a squad, often or not someone will tell me how to play the game. There is nothing wrong with Taxi-ing, When I first joined the Clan that I am in now(only clan I have ever been in), Other clan members used to taxi me to alerts because I hadn't unlocked all the nodes on the map.

Taxi-ing is not a hate-crime and its not cheating.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed CoC violation

15 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

There's a number of reasons people ask for taxi.

1: Resources out of reach, like ARGON CRYSTALS, PLASTIDS, OROKIN CELLS, and more.

2: Alerts.

3: Invasions.

Most of the time they would try to be of use, and in some cases where enemy levels are above 20 for those who lack mods to make them strong, they resort to sticking with higher-ranking people.

If you are against taxis, then you are therefore against progress. How will people get their resources for that weapon they want to experiment with (Atterax is a good example of a low level weapon with a resource requirement list that renders it unbuildable until they get to the Void, which is by minimum 4 planets away (1 of these is Phobos) )?

In my opinion, if you want them to stop being taxi'd, help them do the Junction requirements and then they'll stop asking because they can get there by themselves.

If you continue your aggression, please visit the Conclave.

i started... 100% legit on start is not easy but u  need to progress to get stuff i never asked anyone to help me or carry me cz i dont like that....+ with taki they dont learn nothing about game.....i saw ppl rank 21 with 300h in game.. with 3 frames.... that no way on world can be legit progress...

1 hour ago, Fugana said:

http://i.imgur.com/HXE2OyS.jpg

I consider this as cheating and its a problem i think [1]. I was thinking with the new map road system there will be no taxi like this [2], the missions is Eris-AKKAD
DE pls fix this cus this low lvl players that just started the game are explooiting the game [3] redeeming tons of credits and recources that they dont deserve [4] not to mention they just sit there doing nothing hiding in corners [5]. Please fix this and forbid taxi players to locked for them content PLEASE [6]. Once again this is cehating [7].

[sorry for bad language] [8]

[1] It is not cheating as the areas are not locked by Mastery, but by Junction progression. In Starchart 1 and 2.0, you had to kill bosses to get nav segments for planets which then allowed you to reach resources you needed instantly. Now they have to ask for transport. Do not blame them for a problem DE have reinstigated due to inconsideration of resource requirements.

[2] Again, the Junction progression prevents new players from getting those essential resources to build weapons like the Atterax.

[3] This has been seen before with Draco, but now we've got numerous places to go. For example: Stofler on Lua, Hierarchon on Pluto, The Index (4 those credits), Akkad on Eris, Berehynia on Sedna, and a few other locations that are as viable.

[4] This is because they NEED those resources to build things like the Atterax, because at MR2 without the Old Void Keys they need a taxi to the Void's low level section or a bit of guidance on dealing with the respective Junctions.

[5] Lack of credits and endo, and mods, because you and people like you have deterred them from doing missions, make them weak. Try playing WITHOUT any mods for one mission and you'll see the difference. Help them instead of hindering them.

[6] See [1].

[7] See [1].

[8] Bringing this up as if it's a bad thing is what makes new Tenno afraid of playing with higher MR Tenno such as you or myself, and resulting in them quitting over being unable to get that one weapon they wanted to try out (Atterax, Galatine, and who-knows-what-else).

Do not hamper progress lest you become an Acolyte.

3 minutes ago, ashrah said:

i started... 100% legit on start is not easy but u  need to progress to get stuff i never asked anyone to help me or carry me cz i dont like that....+ with taki they dont learn nothing about game.....i saw ppl rank 21 with 300h in game.. with 3 frames.... that no way on world can be legit progress...

With taxis they certainly do learn about the game, especially if they are actively playing the game and participating with the mission. The only way they would not be learning things about the game is if they were going out of their way to not play the game at all.

5 minutes ago, ashrah said:

Depends how they spent those hundred hours and if they deleted a number of Warframes. Not everyone can devote all their time to playing, ashrah. People have jobs and lives they'd like to live, and thus they use the 'new Dracos' to speed things up to progress at the same rate as us.

Admit it, everyone has been to Old Draco at least once (for all whom were here pre-SoTR).

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

With taxis they certainly do learn about the game, especially if they are actively playing the game and participating with the mission. The only way they would not be learning things about the game is if they were going out of their way to not play the game at all.

DE can fix that very easy.. mastery rank locked planets...i dont like to see rank 4 ppl on pluto...cz they dont know absolutly nothing still

Just now, Koldraxon-732 said:

Depends how they spent those hundred hours and if they deleted a number of Warframes. Not everyone can devote all their time to playing, ashrah. People have jobs and lives they'd like to live, and thus they use the 'new Dracos' to speed things up to progress at the same rate as us.

Admit it, everyone has been to Old Draco at least once (for all whom were here pre-SoTR).

I only went to draco for alerts after the first initial completion of the node. Completion was done before people used draco for leveling on a large scale. so... no. Never wen there for the purpose of leveling.

Seems we're using my short reply as a jumping point for giving me a detailed list of the things MR unlocks and missing the actual point of my statement: MR doesn't mean anything, ie: MR is not a mark of player skill, or even capability. At all. Someone who is good at video games is going to master this game far faster than some founder whose been playing for years casually. MR isn't a mark of player skill, rather a really inaccurate mark of how long they've been playing. 

Beyond that, I can't figure out why you care how other players are challenging themselves. It isn't like the star map is by any stretch 'difficult' to begin with. 

1 minute ago, ashrah said:

DE can fix that very easy.. mastery rank locked planets...i dont like to see rank 4 ppl on pluto...cz they dont know absolutly nothing still

so now you are forcing players to have to spend more time in the game despite many not having that time, keeping them with less gear because they cant get resources to build things without going to other planets, all for the result of not turning up in your missions? You can play solo, you know. Your solution would cause far more problems than it would have any hope of solving.

27 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

On the other hand, there is no way you can have MR20+ without at least a few hundred hours into the game, since you need time, money, materials for all those, even with the fastest leveling methods.

There is a total of 280 weapons in the game excluding Founder exclusives, enough to reach MR 18 with weapons alone (270 weapons). It's possible to fully rank up a weapon from unranked to Rank 30 on Telesto, Saturn, (Exterminate, 119 enemies at start) in approximately 100 kills with Ivara and an affinity booster, which takes approximately 10 minutes.

Assuming a conservative estimate of 20 hours to reach Telesto (approximately 3 hours per planet) and the use of Platinum to purchase Warframes and weapons that would otherwise take too much time to farm normally for an efficient playthrough, it would take a total of 65 hours to reach MR 18 with weapons alone.

And before you start arguing that no one in their right mind would do this, take a look at just about any popular video game with an active community. Most of these have efficient playthroughs worked out down to a science (tier lists, walkthroughs, and everything). While it is admittedly rare for the typical MMO to have such a thing as an efficient playthrough, Warframe is an exceptional case due to the fact that it is actually feasible to obtain an equivalent of 100% completion (and collection) and the game actually has a system built around content completion.

Seriously, newcomers have it hard enough. I don't care if a MR1 tags along and I don't consider it cheating at all.

With the old system you always had low MR-level tennos in void missions. Hell, I see some MR 20+ effing it up big time when they forma a new frame and don't consider putting in some vitality/redirection and at least bring one good weapon...

3 hours ago, Fugana said:

http://i.imgur.com/HXE2OyS.jpg

I consider this as cheating and its a problem i think. I was thinking with the new map road system there will be no taxi like this, the missions is Eris-AKKAD
DE pls fix this cus this low lvl players that just started the game are explooiting the game redeeming tons of credits and recources that they dont deserve not to mention they just sit there doing nothing hiding in corners. Please fix this and forbid taxi players to locked for them content PLEASE. Once again this is cehating.

[sorry for bad language] 

There's nothing wrong with someone being taxied to a planet that is a higher level, not sure if you're aware but MR doesn't mean anything, it's just a number. As for your post it's really futile because i've done the same and so has many others (check recruiting where low MR are asking for taxi to xp grind). 

1 hour ago, Inarticulate said:

There is a total of 280 weapons in the game excluding Founder exclusives, enough to reach MR 18 with weapons alone (270 weapons). It's possible to fully rank up a weapon from unranked to Rank 30 on Telesto, Saturn, (Exterminate, 119 enemies at start) in approximately 100 kills with Ivara and an affinity booster, which takes approximately 10 minutes.

Assuming a conservative estimate of 20 hours to reach Telesto (approximately 3 hours per planet) and the use of Platinum to purchase Warframes and weapons that would otherwise take too much time to farm normally for an efficient playthrough, it would take a total of 65 hours to reach MR 18 with weapons alone.

And before you start arguing that no one in their right mind would do this, take a look at just about any popular video game with an active community. Most of these have efficient playthroughs worked out down to a science (tier lists, walkthroughs, and everything). While it is admittedly rare for the typical MMO to have such a thing as an efficient playthrough, Warframe is an exceptional case due to the fact that it is actually feasible to obtain an equivalent of 100% completion (and collection) and the game actually has a system built around content completion.

You forget one thing: prime parts are barred behind relics now. There are no free runs anymore and I don't want to know how long you'd have to go for the full length nowadays without investing a serious amount of platinum and I mean hundreds of dollars - an amount I invested over the years but not in a few weeks.

For veterans it's easy to focus on new prime items with full radiant groups: an intensive weekend and you usually got the stuff together. Try to get a full radiant group when you're looking for a specific older prime part, best of luck there.

Leveling equipment is easy, getting it is the hard part. If I'd invest that much money I would rank up to 20 in an equal number of days and Fugana wouldn't have had a reason to start this thread in the first place. If you meet a MR1 in a high-level place it's probably a poor and clueless chap trying to get a foot in this confusing and overwhelming (for beginners) game.

Edited by Toran

3 minutes ago, Toran said:

Leveling equipment is easy, getting it is the hard part. If I'd invest that much money I would rank up to 20 in an equal number of days and Fugana wouldn't have had a reason to start this thread in the first place. If you meet a MR1 in an high-level place it's probably a poor chap trying to level up in this confusing and overwhelming (for beginners) game.

I concur with you on this one, every RPG games have that spot to grind XP faster so the low level had to do it in akkad.

Here's an easier solution to all of this: hide MR from other players. It's a pointless number that does not measure skill and it will end all the cases of MR griefing.

Or even better, stop caring about MR, but I highly doubt everyone can agree to that.

Well this is pretty disgusting. I do agree with the idea that newbs starting to get entitled to taxi-ing, an occasional taxi for a newb is nothing to get upset about. Especially if they're honestly putting in effort and have good manners (which I find less and less of lately).

Anyhow, judging by the picture, this is just you getting salty over someone getting a helping hand from a buddy in a CO-OP GAME. Deal with it.

If you don't like a squad, leave it and join another.   For me, if someone is leeching, not helping, ill either leave or if they go down, someone else can revive them.   If I have a Loki, Vauban or Valkyr ill put them in the fight whether they want to or not.    However, my definition of leeching is a player that is staying in range and stealing xp while doing nothing to help the game.    I don't care what MR they are.    A brand new MR0 can join me on Akkad anytime as long as they try.   A player that is playing to me isn't leeching.   I take lvl 0 frames, a single melee weapon to Akkad all the time to rank them up.    Did it well before they changed MR getting extra points for mods as well on newly forma'd or acquired frames.   Teaching newer players faster ways of levelling while still playing without resorting to Draco sort of game play is always a good idea.  The more they know the more they will enjoy the game.  

Edited by _Vortus_

4 hours ago, ashrah said:

Serious question here: Do you know how many rank two, one and zero weapons require resources from later planets that new players can not access in any way, shape, or form?

Masterly locking players would basically be saying "If you can't pay real world money to buy some gear you won't be able to go anywhere!" because of how stupidly the resources in the game is laid out.

So no, Mastery Rank locked planets won't solve anything and will just be creating even more problems.

For instance:
Every single warframe in the game requires Nano Spores and Plastids.  A ton of low level weapons in the game require Neurodes and some plastids to build.
You want to know the only planet in the game that drops all 3?  Eris.  So taxiing a new player to Eris makes sense as it gives them access to a lot of resources in one place that means that they can actually build some of the stuff!  And Akkad makes more sense as its easy and has a resource drop chance boosted.
Add onto that the fact that while you can technically get Neurodes from Earth I've done long haul excavation missions and defenses and usually come up with 2 or 3 when playing a Nekros, meaning that Eris is the only planet that has anything close to a reliable drop-rate for them...

So Where would the MR lock start?
Because most of the MR0 weapons require resources from planets 5-6 into the game...

Basically the resource distribution of this game sucks.
There are tons of low level weapons that require Plastids.and Nano Spores, which means Saturn at the earliest...which if mastery locks are a thing they wouldn't be able to access them!

Every single frame in the game requires Neural Sensors, Plastids and Orokin Cells, and again some of that can only be gotten 5-6 planets out.

The reason people ask to be taxied to Eris is because its the only planet in the game that drops a lot of the resources new players need all at once, especially for frames.  That and its fraking easy.

If you don't want people to be taxied then ask DE to make the resource distribution make more sense and turn a lower level planet into a good farm spot for those resources.

EDIT: Also food for thought: Saturn is level 21-36 against the Grineer.  Eris is levels 30-45 against the infested.
The infested are massively easier to fight than the Grineer are.  Especially for new players.
So in a way Eris is easier to do than Saturn is for the same mission types!
So I would honestly prefer to see new players at higher level infested missions than in medium leveled grineer missions....

Edited by Tsukinoki

5 hours ago, jodarkrider said:

Treat the new (but that goes not for new, really, imo should apply to all) players the way you want to be treated. I am sorry, but (over)reactions like this is not how you build a new 'wave' of players coming to Warframe. Essentially, this could be a reason for even deterring players from giving the game more chance. Nothing positive about it. I'm not saying hand over complete freebies to newbies if you don't want to, but going as far as calling them 'cheaters' for getting taxi'd... yeah.

This is a co-op game. We're supposed to help each other. It's one of the biggest appeals of the game - that you have a free hand to help other people. Removing features like this would only hurt the game and the community, on a larger scale.

I second this! Amen

5 hours ago, ashrah said:

um... I know one of the planets has a MR-5 mastery lock on its junction, only 2 ways around it are void error, and having gotten there before june of 2016

otherwise its either taxi or have MR-5...