Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #88!

[DE]Rebecca

I'll watch it later tonight, but you bet! 

The limbo rework doesn't seem like much of a re-work, which may or may not be good. You just made one of his powers innate and replaced it with a cool concept power in the time freeze, but I don't like that it freezes the projectiles too. What's the point of freezing the enemies if you can't pick them off one by one. Just seems like people would overkill it with shots leading to loss of ammo much quicker. 

As always, awesome stream and I can't wait for kingpin and Chroma skin. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

Are there any plans to implement a melee spear as opposed to a gun spear? One which as it's name would imply actually functions as a spear? One that has pointy parts?

Semantics: Javelins are the weapons made for throwing. Spears are the weapons made for holding.

Edited by mrecentric

The Limbo rework looks really great. I am optimistic after seeing it. It looks like he hasnt lost any of his previous utility/identity while gaining much needed QoL upgrades. Thanks for dissuading my fears Scott! :highfive:

Edited by Skaleek

Great Devstream Rebecca! But I'd have to ask you something on the Chroma deluxe: When I saw the concept art he had 4 colors as you can see here

KwEx6Nml.jpg

But today on stream the yellow areas on horns and such appeared grey? Did you guys a tint channel or something? Or is it missing a tint channel maybe? :P

Loved everything that was shown.

Just a few thoughts I had:

1) The finalized helminth charger design is amazing. Hoping to see good things from the ability designs although I wouldn't mind if it simply had mini versions of all the nidus abilities. I do wish DE took this opportunity to address the lack of a vacuum mod for pets (one of two things keeping me from using my kavats all the time) and further expanded on the pet system, for example implementing a non-inheritable stat such as making pets rank after using them for "x" amount of time (ex. inexperienced/young/mature/elder/ancient) with associated stat /attack speed/damage/cast frequency/ability boosts..or you know...vacuum.

2) For the new kingpin missions: In addition to them scaling by dojo size I would also very much like to see the number of active players taken into account. I run what is essentially a solo ghost clan where I am one of 2-3 members that play more than once a week, however I always have around 8 players in the roster for real life friends that play every few months, or for new players who need access to clan tech so it is not an easy thing for me to kick everyone who is inactive. Basically I don't want a potential repeat of the Hema farm for which I contributed ~80% of the materials for. I don't mind my clan finishing these missions more slowly than a full clan of active players, but I don't want it to take a disproportionately longer amount of time either.

Edit: Ex. The base for a clan with 10 active members is a 60 mission chain, a clan with 5 active members will have a 30-40 mission chain, and a solo clan will have a 15-20 mission chain (assuming the clan runs missions in 4 man squads). The parameter for an inactive player is someone who hasnt played in x1 week and they will be locked out of the current kingpin mission set.

3) The limbo dash looks so much faster and more fluid than rolling. I need it on all my frames (maybe implement it on all frames as a WASD+double tap shift? as a faster, longer ranged roll but with less damage reduction?). Please do not make the dash cost energy. Being able to enter and exit the rift at will is going to be a huge draw for him, not to mention I think he needs the survivability from going in and out of the rift at will. Also, the way he's set up right now makes it seem like he's going to need to spam abilities or at the very least banish and I really dont think a 5th energy sink is needed. The time freeze amazing but 2 questions: first is how will it interact with hitscan weapons? Second is how will it interact with other enemy displacement abilities (ex. vortex, larva, zephyr 4)? Currently it seems like Larva will not pull anything that is affected by a root such as being frozen which can seriously hinder stack collection which is rather essential to Nidus. It could be very frustrating if things like vortex could knock time-stopped enemies out of say cataclysm. AOE banish is another godsend. I really hope rift surge scales like nidus so it doesnt just tickle lv 50+ enemies like a lot of other abilities do.

Edit: Another thought regarding the roll/dash in and out of the rift. This might make movement with limbo a little frustrating/confusing/dangerous as one of the fastest ways to move is bullet jump->double jump->roll.

4) I'm pretty disappointed by what has been shown of the chroma delux skin. It seems to have lost a ton of detail and bulk when compared to the concept art, especially in the armor plate sections on the arms and the bumpiness of the armor plates in the white "underbelly" area. I do hope it will be refined a little more before going on sale. The greatsword skin looks delicious though. I will probably pick up the pack just for it alone if the skin doesnt quite pan out.

5) Here's hoping visiting other players lisets becomes a thing soon. I've sunk about 4k plat and 21 million credits into my argon cave and I want to show it off. In a bit of a tangent I feel there needs to be some incentive for players to launch missions from dojo's and relays instead of the liset since those rooms are always empty. Perhaps give a moderate affinity/resource boosts from launching from those areas, and even more if you launch a public mission on say...larunda relay, but you can only launch missions to the 2 or 3 closest planets so this would spread the player population throughout all the remaining relays (also this would be a good excuse to implement the ability to move the dojo around the solar system).

6) The photobooth functionality is excellent. Reminds me a lot of the director mode in the StarCitizen Alpha which some of its players have used to make ridiculously good videos/screenshots.

7) Controls aside, something that I always found rather frustrating about archwing was that it reset you to 0. All your prior efforts on in normal missions were worth nothing. Furthermore playing archwing doesn't do anything to progress you in the bigger game aside from giving you resources which a player would have an easier time doing groundside anyways (I have a similar grievance with conclave but as that is PvP I can understand why). There is a good reason why a lot of players don't touch archwing unless they absolutely have to and I feel that is a big reason why. A good starting point would be to have normal mods drop in archwing missions and some archwing mods dropping in normal missions. Having archwing enemies drop unique mods that can be used on non archwing equipment or have its own "stalker" type enemies, or unlock unique groundside missions is always a good incentive as long as they are good enough that players consider them worth doing. Another potential improvement would be having archwing equipment scale with a percentage of your warframe/weapon mods, again making the transition into archwing a little less painful. Sharkwing also needs a lot of help...or a bullet to the head.

8) Looking forward to seeing Samodeus but I'm also a little disappointed as he will pretty much be forgotten for a long time after he is released. I'd much rather Simaris, Ordis, and the Operator be fleshed out further. For simaris: more rewards, scan lore, voice lines. For Ordis: More voice lines for his passive commentary while in the liset to keep him from being so repetitive. For the Operator: Rip out the current semi-random spew and implement smart voice lines that react in mission according to what happens (ex. calling out rare drops or "sensing" nearby ayatan sculptures/rare containers/caches).

Edited by ADirtyMonk

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We switched it to silver since Gold defaults are reserved for Primes.

Awww, but it could work! :P TBH though it was looking better for the design because of fire and all that jazz, and since it's a deluxe skin *whistles*  Shame though, in seriousness making it silver doesn't make it justice for the theme.

Well, at least it's tintable, I hope it just affects the paws/horns/belt thingie!

Thanks for answering Rebecca :)

EDIT: Rewatching stream right now the tone used might do the trick. I think it's going to be wiser to wait until release for further feedback. Hmm...

Edited by NightmareT12

Limbo's a Burst Linker now and I couldn't be happier.

What worries me is the lack Ember Deluxe mention. It's the one deluxe skin I've been looking forward to the most, but I fear with the issues it caused between the artist and the art department, cancellation may have very well happened a while ago.

Just now, LazerSkink said:

Limbo's a Burst Linker now and I couldn't be happier.

What worries me is the lack Ember Deluxe mention. It's the one deluxe skin I've been looking forward to the most, but I fear with the issues it caused between the artist and the art department, cancellation may have very well happened a while ago.

Doubt it, it was shown after Chroma (who seems next in line) and Mag, so I guess they're just taking their sweet time doing the job required on her.

I love the limbo changes! would you consider also prioritizing other party members actions though for his 1 ability? Essentially, make it to where they cannot void someone who is hacking a console / carrying a datamass. I am a limbo main myself and even I feel like people who do this are scumbags.

Yeah . The skins and reworked are nice. I like the new way point reworked.  Can't wait too see in person and too here these pulsed as u say. AND limbos dash should not cost energy. There's already 4 as it is to drain energy. And it seems now he will need it more than ever. So yeah. Chroma skin looks great. Love the spiky wings look. Looking forward to bard .music making sounds interesting.  ;o  .