The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework Discussion and Feedback

Hrodgrim

9 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

Get's into the game and goes to the simulacrum.

Let's assume he's using the strongest melee weapon.

Fragor Prime, Crushing ruin, primed pressure point, primed fury, primed heavy trauma,

blood rush, body count, true steel, organ shater, berserker.

I'll test on a level 100 bombard exumas.

It took 115 hits to kill it.

He got up and hit me by the 5th hit.

If I didn't have quick thinking, and primed flow, I would have died.

That's an AWFUL Fragor Prime build haha! Where are the elements?

Besides, Galatine Prime is the strongest melee weapon :]

I think a better solution is that when you get banished, you will enter the rift as usual, but you also get limbos new passive of leaving and entering the rift as you please, but it'll cost double the energy that limbo uses...although that won't make his passive special anymore XD 

basically give the players a choice to when you get banished, don't force it or take it away 

What about banish being sort of bladestorm targeting system? It would be more easy let's say tap 1 time to enter targeting mode...then aim the enemies or allies to banish...then retap to cast.... And on top of that let's say hold to unbanish all targets...

6 minutes ago, Cimbro94 said:

What about banish being sort of bladestorm targeting system? It would be more easy let's say tap 1 time to enter targeting mode...then aim the enemies or allies to banish...then retap to cast.... And on top of that let's say hold to unbanish all targets...

Unless you lag. 

3 hours ago, Therril said:

I honestly don't get why people are so upset. The rework was done with keeping the majority of players in mind. They reacted to the most common complaints about Limbo.

1) He has 3 abilities that do exactly the same.
Response: His 2 becomes a passive
His 1 gets to be a small AoE
His 4th stays but gives a bit more CC by having a stagger effect.

2) His 3rd is boring and dull
Response: It now has 2 effects depending on the circumstances giving some tactical options.

3) His is not feeling like a master of the rift
Response: Going in and out the rift is now faster and at will.
He has complete control of the rift since he can stop time in it, cc enemies and buff allies.

But what do people say instead?

His roll is gone.
And how is that an issue? His roll is now a more effective way to not get hit by being in a different dimension.
And if rolling is your way of moving, you might as well get recruited by the grineer and become a roller.
Let people move however they want, it is like when coptering was removed and all hell broke lose.

His abilities are different
Obviously, that is called a rework. He is more fluid, more tactical.
A new play style to uncover. If you cannot stand the change, then you could never stick with warframe because things change all the time, for better or for worse.

Time stop is trollish/gets broken by alles/does not help/any other complaint
First of all, you can melee. Timestop is not only for protection but also has offensive capabilities.
Second, we don't know anything about a limit, power cost, etc... So don't freak out if it is not there yet.
It plays different and I bet that within the month, people already maximized what they can with Limbo and suddenly he either gets ignored (Cuz people go back to the meta) or people play with the new skills.

Instead of complaining, give feedback. Are you concerned that Limbo's abilities are constrained by the party members?
Make suggestions. Like have the projectile limit be per player or have when the rift does break, be a massive AoE knocking all enemies down giving Limbo time to recover.
I can imagine there being a big explosion if a dimensional rift breaks.

You want a roll? Give DE suggestion. Like have shift held down be the roll and the tap being the dash.

The new skills give a lot of new ways to play with him and his overall build will be very different since most just went max Duration with Limbo and add range/power strength depending on what they needed. But for the love of all that is space, stop breaking things down because it is different.

I like it! Bravo! Very nice! I mean it, however I'm not sure about most but Idelivereda lot of that same feedback as you mentioned and merely posses questions that were not addressed. So did you actually read my starting post maybe maybe not. However i also stated i like the direction they went in and some of the abilities are even similar to a few of my suggestions. Does it answer complaints? Some, though I never really had any. However i again stated that it was our job to help not hurt the system by being fanatics about our favorite frame. 

Now i do like how you addressed those who out right bashed the whole thing, however if this isn't a copy and paste post then I don't feel like you even read before posting.

I'll say again I like the direction they are going in I do have a list of questions though and as they have stated they are still tweaking the system so good feedback is what I hope everyone who replies to this post is aiming for as well, also the reason I started a post as opposed to writing on someone else. Thanks again though as I did like and appreciate the post. On 3 1, 2 , 3 go warframe.

This really isn't a problem with Limbo as it is a problem with the players who misuse him...

Spoiling the frame simply because of a few bad apples does a disservice to the Limbo players who aren't @$$holes and will only make everyone upset.

Measures instead should be taken to allow players who don't want to be targeted by friendly abilities to be able to toggle on and off, on the fly, whether or not targeted friendly abilities would affect them.

My main issue with this is that I rarely if ever see anyone PLAYING Limbo anymore, much less trolling with him.

Given that I myself have five formas in a Limbo, two in another one, and a third cooking, I can say with certainty that a change in this fashion would SEVERELY damage his support potential.  If you cannot rebanish an ally, Haven becomes the single most useless Augment mod in existence, as it will become the only augment whose ability has a cooldown timer.

3 hours ago, Therril said:

But for the love of all that is space, stop breaking things down because it is different.

There's a major difference between breaking things down for being different.

And having a problem with them completely changing what something is into something else entirely.

I mean really, when what was needed was combining Rift Walk and Banish into one thing (done with move + 1st power, great), Rift Surge becoming a passive or (preferably) combined with Rift Walk, then the ability to loot + 2 new powers introduced, changing it from a scalpel frame to an AoE spam frame isn't exactly what was needed (or wanted by most who liked Limbo).

2 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

There's a major difference between breaking things down for being different.

And having a problem with them completely changing what something is into something else entirely.

I mean really, when what was needed was combining Rift Walk and Banish into one thing (done with move + 1st power, great), Rift Surge becoming a passive or (preferably) combined with Rift Walk, then the ability to loot + 2 new powers introduced, changing it from a scalpel frame to an AoE spam frame isn't exactly what was needed (or wanted by most who liked Limbo).

May I ask you, since you keep insisting on this AoE Spam, what exactly stops you from playing limbo like before the rework? You can just Ignore his new 2 and 3, you`ll lose his damage bonus from Surge, but you can keep picking one enemy at a time just like before. 

3 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

changing it from a scalpel frame to an AoE spam frame isn't exactly what was needed (or wanted by most who liked Limbo).

I don't know for you, but I like massive destruction...

I alredy have a build for it, Melee + Cataclysmic Continuum + Statis and boom, the new Damage + Mass Destruction frame will be unleashing hell onto enemies without much effort.

10 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

Get's into the game and goes to the simulacrum.

Let's assume he's using the strongest melee weapon.

Fragor Prime, Crushing ruin, primed pressure point, primed fury, primed heavy trauma,

blood rush, body count, true steel, organ shater, berserker.

I'll test on a level 100 bombard exumas.

It took 115 hits to kill it.

He got up and hit me by the 5th hit.

If I didn't have quick thinking, and primed flow, I would have died.

As others have said, not a great Fragor P build.

Also - Rift Walk, Rift Surge, Banish, shoot twice with Sancti Tigris, dead.

At 135, I had to shoot him 4 times, which meant cycling it in and out of the rift a couple of times to ensure my survival.

6 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

May I ask you, since you keep insisting on this AoE Spam, what exactly stops you from playing limbo like before the rework? You can just Ignore his new 2 and 3, you`ll lose his damage bonus from Surge, but you can keep picking one enemy at a time just like before. 

Well, losing that 360% damage boost will hurt.

And 'picking one enemy' is a damn sight harder with the AoE Banish.

Throw in atm, I constantly use all 4 powers of Limbo, that having to use just 2 to be less effective than before, or use 2+3 to do what I curently do, feasibly slower, and/or risk being locked out of all the powers + have it potentially cascade other things into the rift outside of my control....

I'm waiting to see but atm, as presented... it seems FAR less precise.

1 minute ago, DarkOvion said:

Well, losing that 360% damage boost will hurt.

And 'picking one enemy' is a damn sight harder with the AoE Banish.

Throw in atm, I constantly use all 4 powers of Limbo, that having to use just 2 to be less effective than before, or use 2+3 to do what I curently do, feasibly slower, and/or risk being locked out of all the powers + have it potentially cascade other things into the rift outside of my control....

I'm waiting to see but atm, as presented... it seems FAR less precise.

I don't understand why you don't like the rework, since you will no longer need to banish one by one, if you can simply banish them all and just stop them from any movement and kill them all with a nice melee

I wouldn't compare it to Bastille, they almost don't do the same things. Also I think the area is much more mobile than Bastille since you can just choose the ones affected by the stasis.

And about Saryn, well, she doesn't have bad synergy in my opinion, I don't choose her often but I still can get nice kills whenever I want with her abilities. It's probably a question of practice and all of that (I guess)

I'm just a bit... jarred about the Void Step (Void Dash? i dunno, sounds redudant tho) I'm someone who uses dodge rolls a lot, so I'm a bit afraid of stepping out of the Rift when I shouldn't :p

Ok before we really get off track and into the back and forth. Let me say this.

The passive rift dash isn't bad I just I would merely prefer to step in and out of it under the same control. Like I said I'm Limbo I don't dash I Rift Walk. Then he could snap his fingers like the fine in happy days hahaha (Seriously though).

Banish Splash I like it and Time Stop makes it ok everyone keeps talking about it like it's a stand alone ability and not a combo with Time Stop.

Time Stop if it's going to be what it is can I just get a counter at the top of my screen that says 0/500 or whatever to let me know when I'm close to my limit. Also I would like it to be affected by power strength or duration. With this I would be happy (not that anyone care just saying)

Rift Surge we don't know what the power change or scaling will be and so we should wait and see on that. That and I know people are like  baby Cataclysms but again remember Time Stop, which is the reason why I said Time Stop is the key to the entire rework it will determine how wild and crazy you can get with everything else. Now if they take away the damage buff then yes that will sting a bit (i really liked that one) but we dont know what the power will be.

Cataclysm doesn't change much so not much to say about it aside from the fun things I wanted added (thats neither here nor there) 

We also have to realize that theses changes will also change his augments and that may also give us new tricks and such to help and play with as well.

Like I said in the beginning I like the direction they are headed in and just like they said they are still tweaking it and us posting should be a part of that tweak. 

In closing you are all a great group of Warframers and you have made me feel special with all of your replies.... (tear falls) (hahahaha). Change may be inevitable but that doesn't mean we can't help usher it in. So keep posting constructively. See you on the Battlefield.

Oh yeah and I mostly melee so a lot of my thoughts are general as I won't have a problem but I could see how it could be a problem sort of a thing. When i saw the stream I thought it was really cool but a waste as I was just going to punch them anyway instead of wasting ammo hahahaha..... As a matter of fact my melee madness goes up if they get this right so i am excited but at the same time I would like to help by speaking up for those who are not me and don't go punching  people in the face because they can't fight back now.

There is that initial anxiety of oh my gosh my frame but the only part I see as a "what will they do" is Time Stop as I have stated earlier.

17 hours ago, chofranc said:

Nah, is pretty good as it seems in devstream, why you want damage reduction while he can stop the time and can be god inside the rift xD? and they will need to rework some of their augments like the augment for the 3, and since now the enter to the rift is smooth you can go in/out very quickly and stay in the rift infinitely. With all the ability kit that he will have he will have enough tools for survivability.

well, if you read the post

its damage reduction for players who have left the rift for a duration. so when you leave the rift, a little saftey period for you.

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

Maybe just my play style but Limbo is my only warframe that can take on twenty level 95 sentients because of how the rift mechanic works. I imagine its the same dealing with eximus units doing that huge AoE slam that knocks everything down or bursas that does those shockwave attacks. You don't want to put the wrong thing in the rift by accident especially not a sentient doing that mirror ball attack.