The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework Discussion and Feedback

Hrodgrim

From what I saw on the stream, it looked like every time you wanted to enter/exit you had to move some distance away. Binding it to roll is quick to learn, but the degree of control is lowered since we have to compensate for the unwanted movement.

I'd be fine if they just ported Operator's Void Dash controls over (Crouch + Sprint/Roll). Maybe even just crouching (either tapping or holding) would allow us to enter/exit the Rift at will.

Just gonna throw in my 5 cents. From a user experience perspective, we're gonna need UI (to add the the already gross amount of information) to let us know the "Rift Capacity" /limit on the projectiles and enemies. Equally, I don't believe it should just instantly punish you for reaching said limit since a lot of it is AOE (aka the problem people have with nullifiers). Perhaps allow for a small window for players to kill enemies in the rift before it goes haywire.

While I like the ability in theory, I see this quickly becoming an issue between overlapping rifts and squads full of Limbology. I foresee Tonkor reigning supreme. 

29 minutes ago, Shreiko said:

I think a way to purge the rift of enemies needs to be added to his abilities and enemies sent into the rift need to be stunned on entry for a short time.

Well normal banish already knocks all enemies down and Cataclysm is going to stun enemies entering it for a short bit. So one of your desires will be met! ^^

I gotta say I have not been this excited about anything in Warframe for quite some time. I don't know how to explain it, but watching that video (rebecca demoing on devstream) is bringing the spark back. 

I am super stoked to play the new Limbo. He looks like he is truly keeping the spirit of Limbo, a thinking man's frame with a really unique playstyle, different from all the others, but now much better integrated into the game with the other frames. His rework is so comprehensive and detailed, and I can already tell he is going to be incredibly fun to play. On top of that, I can tell he is going to be hours and hours of work to master, because they made him beautifully complex. 

I have been playing sorties just to play, occasionally doing an event, farm because I feel I should. Etc. Doing sorties because its a quick way to get endo and hopefuly get rivens, but I have been mostly going through the motions. 

I have never been so motivated to dust off my old Limbo, even though the rework isn't here yet, and I am really looking forward to playing him just for the fun of playing him.

Edited by Tesseract7777

I just watched the devstream showing off new Limbo and I am absolutely giddy with his new functionality. This is definitely what he needed to get back on the map. I do have some questions about him, but that'll be at the bottom of this post. First I want to tackle some things that have been on my mind for a long time.

Limbo has an augment for his Cataclysm called Cataclysmic Continuum, which on paper acts similarly to Valkyr's Eternal War augment, adding seconds back onto his 4's duration for every enemy killed within the bubble. On paper it seems very handy, especially now w/ Limbo's rework upon us. However, there's still a drastic issue w/ it that needs to be addressed, from both his Cataclysm and the augment for it.

With Cataclysmic Continuum equipped the Cataclysm continues to shrink even when brought back to its max duration. As it is, it offers no utility in the upkeep of Cataclysm because it would simply be better to just recast it, even at the cost of a large amount of energy. This also ties into how the Cataclysm shrinks to a near in-operable level regardless of how much range you have on it. For example, at 145% range the maximum range of Cataclysm is a radius of ~23m and the min range before collapse is ~6m, showing a ~17m decay over the span of 46.65 seconds w/ a duration of 156%. With a range of 228% and a duration of 149% the Cataclysm starts at a maximum range of ~36m and its minimum range before collapse is ~11m, indicating a decay of 25m over the time frame of 44.55 seconds. Now, admittedly this decay helps tremendously w/ the minimum range build because the bubble gets so small while still defending Defense Terminals and Cryopods, but it hurts other on-field applications of his Cataclysm. Combined with Cataclysmic Continuum, it further emphasizes how it's more beneficial to not use the augment and just recast 4 and have a max range bubble on demand vs having a hard to use 12m diameter or 22m diameter bubble in one area.

Here's my suggestion to help with this issue. Simply allow Cataclysmic Continuum to regain its size when you kill enemies inside it. Being able to restore the maximum size of Cataclysm would absolutely help to making better use of it in desired locations. A cool utility to further add onto it would be to make it function exactly like Valkyr's Eternal War as well, further increasing its size and duration to double each measurement, allowing even default or low range Limbos to make use of their Cataclysm bubbles w/o needing to constantly recast. However, simply being able to restore the maximum size of Cataclysm alongside restoring its duration is the most necessary aspect to this change.

Now, onto the subject of his current rework. A cool thing I thought of is to make his new 2, Stasis, a 1-handed action when turning it off, having it be a loud snap of his fingers to signify the progression of time. I also have a question about his altered Rift Surge. I understand its new functions but does that mean they have replaced Rift Surge's old function of doing increased damage to enemies in the Rift with this new function, or have they added this new function onto it i.e being able to do 2x damage to enemies in the Rift as well as charging them w/ Rift energies that can attack enemies in the Material Plane or create miniature Cataclysms?

Feel free to leave any thoughts and suggestions of your own, or just simple discussion regarding his rework. Who else is excited as I am for the release of his rework?

The time freeze works for limbo when he uses Cataclysm, as that skill generally throws a bunch of nastys at your squishy body. However, the projectile cap could make his second useless and troll heavy.

Cataclysm would not only Troll players by pausing their projectiles, Limbo could be trolled as well. Players could pop his projectile cap rather quickly and force the penalty on him. Heck that could happen by mistake anyways. I would like to stress however, his second ability is very beneficial to him and allows him to have some crowd control. 

I think with the rework, he might need a replacement to his 4th ability. It entirely revolves how the 2nd ability is handled.

Just now, LordDoom01 said:

The time freeze works for limbo when he uses Cataclysm, as that skill generally throws a bunch of nastys at your squishy body. However, the projectile cap could make his second useless and troll heavy.

Cataclysm would not only Troll players by pausing their projectiles, Limbo could be trolled as well. Players could pop his projectile cap rather quickly and force the penalty on him. Heck that could happen by mistake anyways. I would like to stress however, his second ability is very beneficial to him and allows him to have some crowd control. 

I think with the rework, he might need a replacement to his 4th ability. It entirely revolves how the 2nd ability is handled.

My Detron(or other multishot heavy weapon) would destroy a Limbo's soul, just saying.