Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can a Mag Main Enlighten Me

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

1 hour ago, tnccs215 said:

who summons me into this hellhole.

Im busy playing Mass Effect goddamnit.

Interesting stuff there. Wasn't aware of any of that. Then again, the only person I know who plays Mag regularly is really really bad, so I'm not surprised I don't know any of this stuff.

At the end of the day though, you've all got to remember Mag sucks.

It's a joke, because she has the Vacuum effect...

28108925.jpg

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Interesting stuff there. Wasn't aware of any of that. Then again, the only person I know who plays Mag regularly is really really bad, so I'm not surprised I don't know any of this stuff.

Hide contents

28108925.jpg

I think you just ensure that Mag justifiably won't suck ever again

Welp.

*throws half an hour of math out the window*

I'm not savvy or attentive enough to produce a formula on my own. So, I'll just have to take your word for it. In any case, in the interim I have created a Mag build that puts all my previous ones to shame. Stripping armor completely off lv140 Bombards in just over 2 seconds, and pushing Magnetize explosion damage to anywhere from 600k to 1.6 million, I S#&$ you not. Her energy maintenance leaves a bit to be desired, but playstyle can compensate for that. Otherwise I'll find a way to work Greedy Pull in. Man, who knew Fracturing Crush was Mag's best augment? The only downside is the build leans on Mutalist Cernos (rad) and Pox (pure corr), but I love those weapons so it's hardly a drawback for me.

Hey guys, just a quick heads-up: Remember to offer constructive feedback. You can say something "sucks" or "is thrash", but if you do then please explain why you think that's the case. Otherwise your post sucks and is nothing but thrash :D.

For the aforementioned reasons.

5 hours ago, tnccs215 said:

who summons me into this hellhole.

Im busy playing Mass Effect goddamnit.

Oh, it's you and about that.

@(PS4)Darth-Escar Yes, I can attest to the fact that Fracturing Crush armor reduction scales with power strength, up to 80% armor reduction at 160% power strength.

It also stacks multiplicatively with itself, which means casting a >160% p strength F. Crush twice will grant you a 0.2*0.2=0.04=96% armor reduction until the first debuff expires (Three casts mean a 99.2% reduction, which though better, is effectively shockingly brief taking that the co-joined casting time will occupy most of the duration of the first effect).

Funny thing, Fracturing Crush affects armor the same way Viral Procs affect health. Which means it works by temporarily changing both the base and the current values of affected enemy armor -- which in turn means that the game processes the power by multiplying the armor value by 0.2 at the start of the power, and then dividing the altered value by 0.2 once the debuff duration expires.

All this in practice, just like with Viral Proc, translates to superior effects once the power wears off. Just like dealing 20 points of damage to a Viral affected enemy translates to 40 points of damage when the status proc clears, if you remove 100 armor to a 80%-armor-reduction-F.Crush affected enemy, it will translate to a 500 points of armor reduction once the power duration clears.

And, more importantly, it means that if you wipe out the armor of a F.Crush affected enemy, it won't go back even after F.Crush expires.

The practical consequence of this is a marvelous sinergy with any permanent armor reduction effect and, more importantly, Polarize.

A 200% P. Strength Mag can completely remove the armor of a level 135 Corrupted Heavy Gunner with two casts of Fracturing Crush and one cast of Polarize. Which is very, very useful.

Though, then again, you can simply bring any frame with sleep powers and a Covert Lethality dagger and kill them faster and more effectively, so why even bother with intelligent tactics when the game allows and encourages idiotic, exploitative cheese.

<3

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Reveal hidden contents

28108925.jpg

=.=

19 hours ago, Noamuth said:

The joys of Mag, Warframes in general, there isn't really a "right" way of playing her.  There's a meta way and then there's the personal way.

I wouldn't say that anyone in here is wrong in how they play her, but that also means I wouldn't say anyone here is right in how they play her.  (not touching the people that flat out hate on her, for reasons)

I'm only disappointed in Shield Transference when Polarize itself got a major change. I'd like to see the augment give a benefit to Mag whenever she strips armor from Grineer/Corrupted/some Infested just as she gets Overshields from Corpus/Corrupted. I'm still convinced that the ability Polarize and the augment still remains unfinished because of this.

Just now, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I'm only disappointed in Shield Transference when Polarize itself got a major change. I'd like to see the augment give a benefit to Mag whenever she strips armor from Grineer/Corrupted/some Infested just as she gets Overshields from Corpus/Corrupted. I'm still convinced that the ability Polarize and the augment still remains unfinished because of this.

With how Shield Transference works, I understand why it doesn't have much effect when used on non shielded mobs.

I would like to see it be tweaked to have some interaction with armor, where it provides more like it does with shields.

53 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

With how Shield Transference works, I understand why it doesn't have much effect when used on non shielded mobs.

I would like to see it be tweaked to have some interaction with armor, where it provides more like it does with shields.

Shield Transference should give Mag a flat armor buff based on how much armor she strips from Grineer. That could be too op though.

7 hours ago, NyxCrab said:

Shield Transference should give Mag a flat armor buff based on how much armor she strips from Grineer. That could be too op though.

I like that idea. It could be kept in check by making it a % of armor removed, but only from enemies whose armor was fully depleted by Polarize. Still exploitable, potentially very powerful, but not completely broken. Just enough to make Crush without Natural Talent not suicide.

It would need a decaying mechanic though. The sloppiest, most direct approach would be making the armor buff duration-based. But I'd prefer something akin to Health Conversion (albeit more charitable).

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

On 23/02/2017 at 5:33 PM, MagPrime said:

Post your build.

Oh, jeez. Looks like someone outdid me. Welp, at least my name is exactly how it displays in game, for the frame at least, but I digress.

Here's my build:

MhqMatt.jpg

I mainly use her 1 and 3, and when a large group of enemies spawn together I use her 2. I don't use Crush unless I really have to for whatever reason.

Noamuth if you're reading this I'd still like to tag along with you sometime and see what Mag is apparently capable of, I've just been a bit busy lately.

As for the OP: I made a thread about this topic a while back, and I'm trying to withhold judgment until I've seen others play her, but Mag is my least successful frame by a huge margin. It's completely baffling to me because I haven't had problems with any other frame I've tried, even ones that fill a similar niche like Vauban.

2 minutes ago, Jabarto said:

Noamuth if you're reading this I'd still like to tag along with you sometime and see what Mag is apparently capable of, I've just been a bit busy lately.

As for the OP: I made a thread about this topic a while back, and I'm trying to withhold judgment until I've seen others play her, but Mag is my least successful frame by a huge margin. It's completely baffling to me because I haven't had problems with any other frame I've tried, even ones that fill a similar niche like Vauban.

That's exactly how I feel about her . I struggle to use her , but all these post definitions helped me out to understand what she's capable of I just don't know how to get her there . (Besides just copying someone's build)

5 hours ago, Jabarto said:

I'm here, just had a name change.

• 4 weeks later...

I would really like to see her Crush make the dead drop energy balls (like Nekros' desecrate or Oberon's Reckoning drop health balls). Then you can use Energy Conversion on her and damn she'd be awesome or at the least feed her energy hungry builds :D

I do like Mag tho. She is unique.

On 2/25/2017 at 3:06 PM, Mag said:

Oh, jeez. Looks like someone outdid me. Welp, at least my name is exactly how it displays in game, for the frame at least, but I digress.

Here's my build:

MhqMatt.jpg

I mainly use her 1 and 3, and when a large group of enemies spawn together I use her 2. I don't use Crush unless I really have to for whatever reason.

That skin tho!!! 

LlOVh15.jpg

Sorti 3 kuva fortress mobile defense a few days ago.  Mag can dominate missions your mostly staying in one spot. Squad was asking for build and how did mag do that =p

y3po5Pb.jpg

Sometimes swap vit abd redirection and vs corpus ill take intensity off and use shield transferance.  Enemy radar because you want all enemies i. Your bubbles it works best if you know where they all are. 

I use 1 2 and 3.  2 is her primary weapon it is what gives her god like power.  3 can increase the dmg done to all im death bubble as well as strip some armor, 1 yanks people into death bubble. 

All her powers can be cast in the air make use of this because airborn you take less dmg and you can easily hit the bubbles even aim gliding.

Magnatize doesnt use crit dmg.  You want to charge your bubbles with high base dmg stuff.  My fav is mara detron pox and staticor are good too.  Radiation status is best to use since it makes the enemies shoot at each other and all move to the center of your death bubbles.  I only dont use radiation for infested you can but infested are very resistent to radiation staticor you can have rad/corrosive i like that set up for them.

Mag is stronger now than ever amd can wipe out any faction and leave your squad with their jaws on the ground.  Those who say she was nerfed are not doing it right =p

Hi, it's me again, the most vocal Mag hater ever. I learned a few things that bumped Mag from the garbage category to the decent category in my mind:

1. That explosion that Magnetize causes when it ends? The damage decreases with distance and can't pass through obstacles; it can do decent damage but you don't wanna build around that.

2. I thought that Polarize had to completely drain an enemy's shields to do any damage, but that doesn't seem to be true. Also it works on armor as well.

3. Those shards that Polarize creates are much more useful if you have a lot of range; your magnetize fields will be better at hoovering them up.

4. Mag doesn't need a lot of duration and Fleeting Expertise is a valid choice, maybe even mandatory because of her low energy.

So my main strategy now is to cast Magnetize on a clump of enemies, jump into it and cast Polarize, then magdump my Supra into it to kill anything still alive and/or Pull other people into the field as energy permits. It's not great but it works and is compelling enough to make me consider forma-ing my Mag Prime to see what she can do with a few more mods.

Edited by Jabarto