The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Most "Motherly" Warframe?

Xamerzan

10 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Except DE only ever referred to Equinox as a female even before those jokes started to be made and all that ever actually caused was for them to clarify what she was so no, nothing was retconed.

Nope. Male/Female form until the joke then they started editing everything. 

13 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Except DE only ever referred to Equinox as a female even before those jokes started to be made and all that ever actually caused was for them to clarify what she was so no, nothing was retconed.

Hmm... I remember things a little differently. I wouldn't exactly say they retconned (changed) their minds, but when she was first being teased I am not sure their minds were actually entirely made up. 

There were contradictory things said by different devs at first, that absolutely gave people reason to think that Day Form was supposed to be male. So no I wouldn't say they changed her gender identity after the fact, but I would say that at first they were not sure what they wanted her gender identity to be. 

In other words, you can't retcon something when you haven't even decided what it is yet. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Just now, Mak_Gohae said:

Nope. Male/Female form until the joke then they started editing everything. 

Masculine/Femenine =/= male and female they simply used the concept of male and female halves, when they were deciding on the theme they stated they were going to make a Female frame and that's what she always has been, they never refered to Equinox as "he" or "male" only masculine, I'm not going to derail this thread further with the revival of this long dead argument, she is what she is.

8 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Masculine/Femenine =/= male and female they simply used the concept of male and female halves, when they were deciding on the theme they stated they were going to make a Female frame and that's what she always has been, they never refered to Equinox as "he" or "male" only masculine, I'm not going to derail this thread further with the revival of this long dead argument, she is what she is.

We aren't arguing about what she is now, but whether they had fully decided what she was at first when she was teased. There is actually plenty of evidence that they hadn't even fully figured out what they wanted her to be yet. But I agree, she is what she is now and that won't change. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

10 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

We aren't arguing about what she is now, but whether they had fully decided what she was at first when she was teased. There is actually plenty of evidence that they hadn't even fully figured out what they wanted her to be yet. But I agree, she is what she is now and that won't change. 

What you're arguing is perfectly fine but don't go around saying they retconed lore because the community made a bad joke because they didn't, for as long as she has been in the game she has been definitively female and that's the lore, Ember being male is retconed lore, equinox having a male half isn't because she never did.

32 minutes ago, Xamerzan said:

Wow... and to think I only asked this question because I had an art idea. It was not my intention to spark up any controversy. :awkward:

You started a thread on an internet forum, what you intended is now irrelevant, controversy is all but inevitable. :wink:

Of the frames OP lists, I feel like Nyx and Trin are pretty motherly.

But I think the most motherly Warframe is defs Oberon. Everything in his kit is there to protect the team and empower them without being overbearing.

Spoiler
  • Confuses the enemies coming to beat you up
  • lays down an area that helps your defenses and removes status procs
  • extends the bleedout timer so he can come help you up
  • can literally reverse your death
  • big womp of cc and damage with his ult

4 hours ago, Sinanju0608 said:

well considering that DE has already officially stated that both of Equinox's forms are female, it doesn't matter what common belief is

#headcannon (not disagreeing with you, just saying that, that doesn't stop peopling from calling day him and middle it)

Edited by Dabluechimp

6 hours ago, -Amaterasu- said:

What you're arguing is perfectly fine but don't go around saying they retconed lore because the community made a bad joke because they didn't, for as long as she has been in the game she has been definitively female and that's the lore, Ember being male is retconed lore, equinox having a male half isn't because she never did.

Why is it so principal to separate everything into "he" or "she"? We are talking about technology after all, weapons. DE call Equinox "her" probably for only one reason - to not mess with "girl"/"boy" order and pronouns. I think it's perfectly ok if someone will call "her" "he"

Titania is a helicopter mom. 

Oh let me buff you so you don't fall over and hurt yourself and you don't get sick.

Oh no those bullies might hit you I'll knock them over so you can go get buffed from them. 

Oh you're having trouble with enemies let me levitate one and distract all the rest of them.

Come back! I've turned into a fairy and I can hover around you all the time now!

20 hours ago, Xamerzan said:

Of all the current in-game female Warframes, which one - in your opinion - would you say is the most "motherly"? Why that frame in particular? I won't be including Bard on this list because she hasn't been officially released in the game yet.

List of current in-game female Warframes:

Reveal hidden contents

Banshee

Ember

Equinox (female-half)

Ivara

Mag

Mesa

Mirage

Nova

Nyx

Saryn

Titania

Trinity

Valkyr

Zephyr

Trinity.

She's always seemed very "matronly" to me. 

Probably because she's so support oriented.  She's tough, she can protect and she can heal.

Also this:

Spoiler

0A3D85AA159FB5A647EBB2ED881FCADDF23444AC (1680×1050)88EE5F954C99F6D6A91079342AEA136730B00925 (1680×1050)

vs this:

Spoiler

42CED266138180FBB20554E049D396AA7AAEED99 (1680×1050)AC8BC448E3C862508F8619D36FC2E9628E3211F8 (1680×1050)F4E9D7E6ECE80869CAD0952D3506ECBE88EFE809 (1680×1050)2EBF57FB64FE8702DC96ED03F241DB94503D4796 (1680×1050)51547CB4777B39C72E3F314044CE1640F1B01E3C (1680×1050)

But to each their own there, heh

;-)

Edited by Rolunde