Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The word "Gay"

ShadyFlames

I can think of no situations where you would say gay on accident. Literally none.

It shouldn't be a bad word anyway, since it's a slang term for male homosexuality and happy. 12 year olds that don't use it properly shouldn't ruin it for everyone else.

1 minute ago, Deshiel said:

my homosexual friend likes to yell "gay" alot while swearing. He was the first gay I knew so when I met another it was a suprise to learn that not everyone likes that word.

Tell me his name is not Pascal by any means ?

Well, on the one hand I think it's a good idea to teach people not to casually throw around the word "gay" to mean something or someone isn't good. It's offensive to homosexuals and a lot of people use it like that without thinking.

On the other hand, instantly suspending people from chat for using a word that can be used innocently (as someone has already pointed out, one of Warframe's popular streamers has it in his username) is overkill.

Still, it sounds like you're casually using it to mean you don't like something. Maybe learn not to do that?

so averse to learning alternate words are we?

there are so many more ways to insult people barring the overused and lazy "Common" variants

and most times those "Creative" variations tend to be far FAR more offensive and vulgar.

Personally I hold out hope that humanity will stop being overly sensitive babies, language is a means to convey ideas, feelings, ect.

if what one communicates holds no importance to one's self, then it is just static and should be disregarded as such.

the whole overly reactive knee jerk atmosphere is just shameful.

3 minutes ago, Syvarin said:

Well, on the one hand I think it's a good idea to teach people not to casually throw around the word "gay" to mean something or someone isn't good. It's offensive to homosexuals and a lot of people use it like that without thinking.

On the other hand, instantly suspending people from chat for using a word that can be used innocently (as someone has already pointed out, one of Warframe's popular streamers has it in his username) is overkill.

Still, it sounds like you're casually using it to mean you don't like something. Maybe learn not to do that?

I'm not though. Also how do you offend someone by saying: "Gay"? This isn't tumblr

17 minutes ago, ShadyFlames said:

Anyone else think the word "Gay" shouldn't give you a 24 hour suspension on chat? I've said "Gay" accidentally countless times and it's getting really annoying getting suspensions every 2-3 days.

The simple solution is just watch what you say, you can't expect DE to agree with such a thing. Yes there's different contexts you can use the word but the games system can't tell context so DE won't change anything. From your case it sounds like this has happened a few times so really now knowing you'll get a suspension it's your fault don't type the word and you won't get a suspension in chat. 

2 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

The simple solution is just watch what you say, you can't expect DE to agree with such a thing. Yes there's different contexts you can use the word but the games system can't tell context so DE won't change anything. From your case it sounds like this has happened a few times so really now knowing you'll get a suspension it's your fault don't type the word and you won't get a suspension in chat. 

i agree here. its not hard to stop saying bs words in an online game like ''gay'' or ''cancer'' or ''autism'' or ''sjw''

how many autistic kids have you seen that can play an online game, or even type a full sentence...? im yet to see even ONE.

i think many players have aspergers and autism confused af

11 minutes ago, ShadyFlames said:

I'm not though. Also how do you offend someone by saying: "Gay"? This isn't tumblr

By using the term derogatorily I'd imagine.

You have zero cause to use terms regarding orientation, gender, age, or race in an online format.

You might think that folks getting offended shouldn't be your problem, and you'd be right...It's DE's.

Which is likely why you got a time out.