Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do people manage to stick with warframe?

lengsis

On 3/3/2017 at 7:07 PM, Denpoman said:

I don't get bored because I play when I feel like playing as a space ninja. I play for prime parts or to unlock weapons I want and I do missions I enjoy. And I like the gameplay.

But this a game where If someone is FORCED to play, like in events, then yes, the game starts to get boring fast, because all you're doing is the same mission over and over and over and over. But even that can bearable if you get a nice reward at the end. But doing an event and not getting the main attraction of the event (Ignis Wraith) is indeed a deal breaker.

Shame we can no longer earn stuff with our own effort and need the unreliable help of other players to get the reward we want.

Quit claiming we can no longer earn stuff with our own effort. It isnt true.

Edited by (PS4)hahajake
Because i was being mean

6 hours ago, lengsis said:

I'm at Mastery 9 ATM, and the game is getting very boring to me. I've finished all the quests, I've got rich from trading (still got lots of stuff that can probably be sold for 1k+ plats), I made my own clan, I wasted some plats to make my clan look awesome, I don't have all the warframes, I can buy all of them with plats right now if I choose to. That's how much plats trading gave me. When ember prime and frost prime came back, I farmed a lot. After they get vaulted, I stopped playing for like 4-5 months because I want the price of those two to go up. I just got back on today to sell the sets, but I didn't because I don't know why I need plats. The question here is "How can people keep playing the game?" Theres people who are at master 20+ HOW DO U NOT GET BORED?!!??!

*Please don't mind my English, I'm still learning*

Well considering you are MR9 and done with all the story I'd say you got rushed through the content via friends or just got clan mates to. You also haven't really played with much of the frames or even weapons, my alt account is MR7 almost 8 and is only done with Second Dream and on Neptune and that is with a few weapons and 4 frames.

It looks like you just spent way too much time I trade chat playing the market and not the game.

The same thing started to happen to me around MR 14. I was so worn out from all the farming and had reached basically the epitome of what was considered meta at the time. I had the best weapons maxed, had a nice sum of plat, had all the mods to make the builds I wanted and basically the farming started to get tiring instead of fun. So I took a step back and asked myself "why are you even grinding when you have all the stuff you want?" 

After that, I realized that farming wasn't fun for me anymore and decided to simply do everything and anything I found fun. Of course, this still meant I played about 4-6 hours a day since I still found the gameplay itself fun. I kept this up for a while and then I hit a real rut when the key system was taking out since I really liked doing void defense. I stopped doing even the dailies and starting playing other games I had meant to play and just never got around to it. I still logged in but only for the log in reward and to play some of the alerts and the like. With all the free time, I actually finished about 7 games. However, everything else now falls short of the fast, hectic, over-the-top gameplay warframe offers, so I kept coming back.

Then rivens and the sortie rewards were released. Now, I play all the dailies, still don't farm unless I'm having fun doing it, buy anything I need for fashionframe, and generally just play for pure fun. 

TL;DR: Just play for fun and don't force yourself, or else it will feel like grind.

still going during dull periods because there's usually something worth farming, even if it's a "just in case" scenario. I'm all about the weapons and the wonderful ways in which we can slaughter hundreds of mobs every day, so changing loadout often keeps things interesting. right now though, it's not a dull period, even here on consoles where we don't get updates as regular: I'm farming Banshee Prime, I'm trying to salvage what I can for the AkLex Prime, and I'm doing the odd Sortie to see if I can get a decent Riven. plenty to do right now.

it's a grind, but it's a fun grind (mostly).

I'm playing Warframe because i can't find another F2P game (i don't mind paying for DLCs) that has such good graphics as Warframe has, interesting PVE gameplay (i don't care about PVP) and could run on my Potato Laptop.

If you can show me such game i would happily try it out.

Until then i'm stuck in Warframe.

Because some of us actually like the gameplay? The movement system, the endless hordes of enemies to kill and butcher in a myriad of ways, the huge diversity of weaponry to do that with.

You know what helps in keeping this interesting? Not giving a kubrows behind about the metas. Yes, I have (most of) them, but I rarely use them outside of particularly tedious or hardcore content. But if anything makes this game boring, it's those metas like WoF Ember, Spamirage, EBalibur... you know. Frames and weapons that trivialize content. 

"but why would you want to gimp yourself"

It is another way of looking at things. A HUGE part of what makes this game for me is playing around with all the diverse weapons/frames/mods/focus and the combinations you can make. Not the mere fact I can kill everything on a map instantly with just winking at it. I know I can (hell, I can do that with my Excalibur and Braton Prime), so I don't have to. Which gives me the freedom to do whatever I want.

Edited by ComCray

It's normal OP I beliave average MR of players that quit (from my clan members) are from 5-10. After playing that long and it's getting boring move on to the other plenty of better games out there. 

16 hours ago, lengsis said:

I'm at Mastery 9 ATM, and the game is getting very boring to me. I've finished all the quests, I've got rich from trading (still got lots of stuff that can probably be sold for 1k+ plats), I made my own clan, I wasted some plats to make my clan look awesome, I don't have all the warframes, I can buy all of them with plats right now if I choose to. That's how much plats trading gave me. When ember prime and frost prime came back, I farmed a lot. After they get vaulted, I stopped playing for like 4-5 months because I want the price of those two to go up. I just got back on today to sell the sets, but I didn't because I don't know why I need plats. The question here is "How can people keep playing the game?" Theres people who are at master 20+ HOW DO U NOT GET BORED?!!??!

Master conclave then come back & tell me your bored . I understand if your bored with PVE tho 

17 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Play for fun, not for grind. 

That's worked for me at least. 

And of course play some other games, everything is bad in excess. 

Pretty much this.

Four years and well over 4k hours and I'm still having fun. It's not the only game I play and not even the one I put the most hours into (although, it does have the most longevity at present), but I have a good time. That's what it's really all about.

If the game starts getting on that last nerve, I just go do something else. Maybe a lot of something else. However, I enjoy the base game a lot and that keeps me coming back on a regular basis.

17 hours ago, lengsis said:

As one of those MR 20+ guys, I DO get bored. It's fine to fall off the face of the star chart for who knows how long and return. Don't push yourself too hard either. I for sure didn't get to MR 20 going nonstop. Things to do when not bored, I'd say includes using weapons and warframes you really like (seriously i just hated ranking up some of the weapons i went through, not that all of them downright sucked, but it just wasn't my thing) and having people to chat with both regarding an disregarding the game.

As a MR 23 I'd say the best way to stay in it and have fun is get as many frames, weapons, and mods as you can so that you can do something different all the time. Find weird combos that do well for weird reasons. Play for the fun of it not for a goal. And the biggest thing is to take breaks. Play other games and don't burn yourself off.

21 hours ago, lengsis said:

I play with friends. Build a community... help new playerrs level... Do really long survivals to pust the limits.

When i get "bored", i play some Lunaro.

Maybe this game is not for you if you are bored already.

rushing through the content only ruins the fun you could have had playing it the way it was intended to be played.

I learned this very early on browsing these forums and it's actually helped greatly in making the game fun.

sure, I own all the top tier meta stuff and could easily crush everything to finish my goals, but in the end, that's not me playing the game. That's me reading and then copying what someone else (efficiently) did.

On March 3, 2017 at 7:49 PM, lengsis said:

Honestly, people underestimate the power of customizing your gameplay experience and your personality through visuals, and then making you a part of the greater Tennoverse through lore.

You are your own unique hero.

(Hop too, DE, lore has been teaser bits and lots of great set-up but not much meat to it since TSD.  Hiring the writer was a great start 😉.  Keep expanding and immersing, please!)

I'm at the point where the game isn't fun anymore.  It all boils down to necessary damage mods, and basic mods for your frames.  The kills aren't satisfying and the game does not run smoothly when playing with other people.

It's pretty much just about the trading now, and I'm sick of it.  I was hoping for an exciting prime to get me back into the game, but we got banshee....  :/

My friends are all still playing though, so I hop on and play a mission before I get sick of the game again.

Most of the content is so damn easy.  That's a plus for some, but I enjoy a challenge.  It just feels like we become so powerful so quickly in Warframe, while the enemies don't get any more difficult to kill.  The star map is a joke, and even the sorties are a breeze.

Every new "innovation" in the game is just more power creep.  Certain builds allow for some seriously stupid damage output.  

The PvP is a laggy mess, and gets tiresome quickly.  Someone running around with a scindo spamming melee usually wins the game.

So, yeah, I don't know how some players do it.  Warframe got about 3 months of my time, it won't be getting much more.

Edited by (PS4)Colloquial_Bloke

On 3/3/2017 at 4:49 PM, lengsis said:

Your grammar is straight on.

I keep playing because I want to farm for all the stuff rather than buy it. Plus, get some friends and do a raid. It can be very frustrating but can lead to hilarious moments.

On 3/3/2017 at 7:49 PM, lengsis said:

I just got back on today to sell the sets, but I didn't because I don't know why I need plats.

Feel free to type /profile xekrin in game, check my wishlist and gift me things if you need something to spend platinum on. Or just go crazy and send me whatever you like.

I don't know what keeps me coming back, I like the graphics, I like the intensity of missions.  I know most people say missions are easy or boring but I find ways to shake things up.  I don't use meta frames or builds or weapons, I diversify and change things up.  I do the same missions but with different builds, new frames, lesser used weapons.

I also have little else to do so I just play warframe because I have to do something.