Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are players greedy or am I lucky?

NotRealButReal

Question

Okay, so, I'm kinda new, so don't judge me.

I've been buying frame parts from trade chat, and I've noticed something really weird.

For example, an Ember Prime set sells for 750p, but I got mine in 250-300p from buying the parts. I also got a Loki Prime set for 300p and a Nyx Prime set for 85p by getting the parts.

Are players in trade chat scammers/following the herd, or am I lucky?

Edited by NotRealButReal

25 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Why a new player care about prime warframes? The cosmetic is the only difference.

Cosmetics... the "only" difference, and you just shrug that off? FashionFrame is endgame, and it's good to start early on. Also Volt Prime has a major increase in energy pool compared to his regular counterpart, so no it's not the "only" difference.

Anyways to OP, it's probably both, like DeMonkey said.

you know what i think?

sets sell for higher cuz you get them all together instead of having to waste time on trying to buy/farm rest

think of it as collection of all sports memoriblia from 1 guy or buy everything separete from millions of people c.c

42 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

Okay, so, I'm kinda new, so don't judge me.

I've been buying frame parts from trade chat, and I've noticed something really weird.

For example, an Ember Prime set sells for 750p, but I got mine in 250-300p from buying the parts. I also got a Loki Prime set for 300p and a Nyx Prime set for 85p by getting the parts.

Sometimes Ps4 Trade chat can get a little... complicated, due to recent Prime Vault and Prime Access availability. Hence, Frost Prime and Ember Prime access was released last December which gave it a lower cost in value within Trade Chat. So overall, you are just average!

25 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Why a new player care about prime warframes? The cosmetic is the only difference... Is better to buy slots instead.

Well if you want to go Quick thinking Saryn, then better go Saryn Prime, she have more energy, and there is a difference.

2 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Why does everyone forget Saryn, who has the same energy pool as Volt when primed?

I didn't forget about Saryn Prime, but Volt > Volt Prime has a more drastic increase. From Regular Volt's 150 > Volt Prime's 300, whereas Saryn's isn't as much, from 225 > 300 (Values are at max rank).

Most Primes just have minor stat boosts, but Volt's is clearly a straight upgrade. Just to show my point of Primes not only having a cosmetic difference but also a stat boost.

54 minutes ago, NotRealButReal said:

People will indeed pay a higher price at times to obtain all the pieces at once rather than hunting down rare vaulted bps one by one.

Are you lucky?  I almost want to say yes but considering your title suggests that if you are lucky that means I'm dumb (I'm a player, players are dumb if you're lucky) I'll have to say No, No you are not lucky at all.

You are, however, exceedingly patient and willing to shell out platinum for a single item without knowing for sure if you will get any of the others for similar prices.

Good luck, and edit your title.  It makes you sound pretentious and insults everyone but you.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Why a new player care about prime warframes? The cosmetic is the only difference... Is better to buy slots instead.

1. stat increase
I mean, freakn Valkyr gets 100 more armor, and she already has the most out of all frames
Volt has double the energy at max level.

2. all primes gain energy from death orbs in the void, which is great in a pinch.

3. As someone has mentioned before, FashionFrame is Endgame

and as an added bonus, Baro Ki'Teer isn't as much of a smug A**hole when you're wearing prime gear

Edited by BaIthazar

3 hours ago, BaIthazar said:

1. stat increase
I mean, freakn Valkyr gets 100 more armor, and she already has the most out of all frames
Volt has double the energy at max level.

2. all primes gain energy from death orbs in the void, which is great in a pinch.

3. As someone has mentioned before, FashionFrame is Endgame

and as an added bonus, Baro Ki'Teer isn't as much of a smug A**hole when you're wearing prime gear

Stats not matter when have a decent build with 3 or 4 forma...

Many prime warframes are obtainable with relics. Not really need to waste plats on vaulted stuff, which soon or later will be unvaulted. New player need to buy slots, the rest is just hype.

7 hours ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

Stats not matter when have a decent build with 3 or 4 forma...

Many prime warframes are obtainable with relics. Not really need to waste plats on vaulted stuff, which soon or later will be unvaulted. New player need to buy slots, the rest is just hype.

Stats do matter, try carrying a LoR bomb with Volt and try carrying a bomb with Volt Prime. It's less of a hassle to run with Volt Prime than Volt, since a LoR bomb drains energy per second and will drop if you run out of energy, Volt Prime with full energy has more time than a Volt with full energy. Not even a 3 or 4 Forma build can be as good as a stat increase since if I put 3-4 Forma on my Volt Prime it would be much much better than Volt.

But yeah, if you can wait, sure go ahead, no need to rush Vaulted primes. But don't brush them off as just some blinged out version of the regular, they are upgrades and upgrades are always better.

14 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

latest?cb=20160618185223

This.

This is what I came to post if no one else did.

+1 to you, good person! ;-)

To the OP, people will ask whatever they want for something. 

Other people will then either pay that or not as they see fit.

IMO, Patience is key in most things. Not everyone gouges prices. ;-)

8 hours ago, secret9005 said:

Stats do matter, try carrying a LoR bomb with Volt and try carrying a bomb with Volt Prime. It's less of a hassle to run with Volt Prime than Volt, since a LoR bomb drains energy per second and will drop if you run out of energy, Volt Prime with full energy has more time than a Volt with full energy. Not even a 3 or 4 Forma build can be as good as a stat increase since if I put 3-4 Forma on my Volt Prime it would be much much better than Volt.

But yeah, if you can wait, sure go ahead, no need to rush Vaulted primes. But don't brush them off as just some blinged out version of the regular, they are upgrades and upgrades are always better.

Carry the bomb on LOR is what a new player should worry about?  :highfive:

Anyway, just read here and see if worth put the first plats in prime warframes. 

On 7.3.2017 at 10:55 AM, secret9005 said:

Cosmetics... the "only" difference, and you just shrug that off? FashionFrame is endgame, and it's good to start early on. Also Volt Prime has a major increase in energy pool compared to his regular counterpart, so no it's not the "only" difference.

Anyways to OP, it's probably both, like DeMonkey said.

Fashion frame is tennogen and deluxe tho. Prime's pretty standart.

12 hours ago, kyori said:

You're lucky that they're nice selling cheap. It's not nice to call them dumb. 

I wasn't calling them dumb. I meant "are players dumb for paying/selling for too much, or was I lucky enough to find someone nice"?

I kind of hid it, so that's my fault :3.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

I'd prefer greedy than scamming.

I doubt many are scamming but there's definitely a lot of greed out there.

I saw Ember set offers for 1500p 3 times today. If someone actually buys or if they deceive/persuade the players into buying, that's justified, but I'll change it just in case :3.