The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia

W00FR

Hmm..... maybe i should try my hand at making a skin for blade and shield weapons. The sword will be a bow, and the shield..... well that will be a little harder to figure out. i could make it work though. Now if only i was good at making 3D models..... 

Personally i'm just waiting to see how long it will take for an Octavia helmet to pop up in Tennogen.

Just now, Sorenxoras said:

Hmm..... maybe i should try my hand at making a skin for blade and shield weapons. The sword will be a bow, and the shield..... well that will be a little harder to figure out. i could make it work though. Now if only i was good at making 3D models..... 

Personally i'm just waiting to see how long it will take for an Octavia helmet to pop up in Tennogen.

If you do. I will throw literally all my money at you. All of it

1 minute ago, Arniox said:

Lols,  have you never seen MLP? Octavia is @(*()$ badass. All we need now is vinyl :P

Banshee. Her deluxe already has the headphones and the record. and one of her abilities is literally pumping bass into the ground to kill/stun people.

16 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

It was put to a vote tho, so people clearly like this name? I dont understand how there is even a thread to complain about the name. Warframe has such a wonderful community

For the sake of a factual discussion, it's worth noting that it was not put to a vote. There was a thread where users could submit ideas, and there were hundreds. DE picked from those submissions.

1 hour ago, Sorenxoras said:

Banshee. Her deluxe already has the headphones and the record. and one of her abilities is literally pumping bass into the ground to kill/stun people.

Lols,  yeah true. Someone talaneted on steam needs to make a viable skin/helm with purple glasses and headphones :P

Will buy,  10/10

1 hour ago, Sorenxoras said:

Oh,  that Also means we need to ship Octavia and banshee :P

2 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

For the sake of a factual discussion, it's worth noting that it was not put to a vote. There was a thread where users could submit ideas, and there were hundreds. DE picked from those submissions.

I was not aware of that, but my point is still pretty solid. People got to be involved, they didn't have to do that

I don't care about references, I just don't like the sound of the name.

The OC-TA syllabes don't really sound "musical"

And, as a musician, I like it even less, as there are plenty of other names that were nicer and more musical...Overture for example, always using O as first letter.

From wiki

Overture (from French ouverture, lit. "opening") in music is the term originally applied to the instrumental introduction to an opera.[1] During the early Romantic era, composers such as Beethoven and Mendelssohn began to use the term to refer to independent, self-existing instrumental, programmatic works that presaged genres such as the symphonic poem. These were "at first undoubtedly intended to be played at the head of a programme".[1]

Which I find much more epic and fitting to a space ninja

Like Nidus, the Bard frame is very low on my interest list in any case (as in, "not on the list") so it's more of an academic discussion anyway. I'm not wowed by the name, but so what.

I might farm Octavia when she's Primed, assuming the game even still exists at that distant future date. 

7 hours ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

>Ahem<

Ahem what? 

I take it you're a fan, and you're implying you're a fan in order to argue against my point? (That's really the only reason you would quote me).

1 person is not capable of making Octavia coloured Octavia's appear all over Warframe, 2 people are not capable. Even if there were 2 thousand people who were planning on doing it, due to timezones, delays in getting the frame and so on there still wouldn't be Octavia coloured Octavia's ''all over Warframe''.

Ahem all you want, it makes no difference.

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Ahem what? 

I take it you're a fan, and you're implying you're a fan in order to argue against my point? (That's really the only reason you would quote me).

1 person is not capable of making Octavia coloured Octavia's appear all over Warframe, 2 people are not capable. Even if there were 2 thousand people who were planning on doing it, due to timezones, delays in getting the frame and so on there still wouldn't be Octavia coloured Octavia's ''all over Warframe''.

Ahem all you want, it makes no difference.

One of the larger clans in the game is the CMC, if I recall correctly.