Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April Fools Suggestions

Natterjack110

Hey Guys,

As we all know, the first of April isn't far off. I was wondering what hilarity might be achieved with such and opportunity coming up, so I brainstormed up a few. One is from someone else (whose name I have forgotten, sorry!) so I'll be sure to mark that it wasn't original to me. Here are a few:

1) Release the parts of Excalibur Prime on April fools day. have each of them obtainable with a tactical alert: first the neuroptics blueprint, then the chassis blueprint, then the systems blueprint, and finally the Excalibur Prime blueprint itself. All would have reasonable crafting costs. The catch here would be that each component would have something along the lines of a 20 year build time, with the actual warframe's build time being 120 years. with. no. speed. up. capability. :devil:

2)* This would be where the Excalibur Prime components drop like crazy. Each would have an absurd drop rate from virtually any enemy. The actual Excalibur Prime blueprint would never drop. In addition, each of the component pars would be worth almost nothing (maybe a credit a piece?) so you couldn't even get decent credit amounts from all the Excalibur Prime parts

3) This is my favorite. It tickles me most. On the first of April there would be an alert of some form, rewarding the player with all the components parts an warframe blueprint. All parts would have a relatively cheap to construct. However, upon collecting Excalibur Prime, it would instead deliver "Excalibur Prime MK-1" to the player's inventory. It would look same except for the word's written in the Orokin/Tenno writing "Not a founder, just wants to be" emblazoned blatantly on the front of the chest. One more thing would be that this Orokin relic's stats would be greatly altered. 1 shield, 1 health, 1 energy, 1 armor. That's it. Just for the lols.

4) Using one of the afore mentioned systems of accusation, you would get the Excalibur Prime component blueprints and Warframe blueprint, but when you go to actually craft Excalibur Prime, it will display an error message saying "Cannot Initiate Construction. Requires Founder Status."

Behold The Compiled Evilness Of Those That Desire True Hilarity On April Fools!

1. Give all warframes multiple cysts on the forehead, arms, privates, and knee caps.

2. Change all text to a different language temporarily on all chat channels.

3. Create a "fake" update that brings your current state of the game back to the original one in 2012.

(PS4)Neon-Psychosis

EVIL-O-METER: 8

Baro comes to visit with the very rare limited edition “Broken Primed Ammo Drum”. Just for the new low price of 99999 platinum!

Haspitas

EVIL-O-METER: 6

DE actually releases Excalibur Prime. It actually is Excalibur Prime. Joke is on the founders.

White_Matter

EVIL-O-METER: 10

The construction cost in the foundry is multiplied by 10x. Could be just visual… or not.

Make an alert that has Gas Hazards but will one shot you once you enter the mission.

Have every boss swapped with a level 145 Vay Hek.

The Stalker can now use the ability Bladestorm. 

Make players unrevivable even in groups.

(PS4)godlysparta

EVIL-O-METER: 9

Schedule the coming weapon nerfs for April 1st and just post "lol jk"

(PS4)Eluminary

EVIL-O-METER: 3 (cuz that would be super nice if these nerfs were just a huge prank)

Release the grate prime, but this time for real

(PS4)ATreidezz

EVIL-O-Meter: 1 (they should)

Limited revive system is put back in place for the day.

Replace all players’ items with alloy plates.

Miser_able

EVIL-O-Meter: 8

Or how about a silly and non-game affecting prank that DE makes up.

Like last year's Lotus Voice packs

SilvaDreams

EVIL-O-METER: 2

DE hints at major update and has every one hyped/psyched up but never actually does it. They'd have everything from DE stamp of approval to the red text.

Master_Snuffs

EVIL-O-METER: 7

Announce that they’re working on a proper expansion for the game like every other online game (except Destiny) not just weapons and skins...

They actually do nothing.

(PS4)ArnnFrost

EVIL-O-METER: 7

Announce that Octavia’s Anthem is going to be delayed.

Avynire

EVIL-O-METER:7

They just release the Umbra’s early and it's just a worthless cosmetic that does absolutely nothing.

(Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36

EVIL-O-METER: 8

DE releases 'Excalibur Prime' but when you build it, it's Excalibur Umbra.

VocalMagic

EVIL-O-METER: 5

Thanks for reading! I hope you were amused by some of the suggestions here!

P.S. Not trying to tick off the founders, just thought that the most tantalizing thing in warframe would be the exclusive Excalibur Prime. I in no way intend any harm upon your precious founder status.

*The other dude's idea

Edited by Natterjack110
Compiled April Fools suggestions

1. Give all warframes multiple cysts on the forehead, arms, privates, and knee caps...

2. Change all text to a different language temporarily on all chat channels

3. Create a "fake" update that brings your current state of the game back to the original one in 2012...

That's all I got for now...:highfive:

Edited by (PS4)Neon-Psychosis

I can already see all the complaint threads that will pop up if they ever decide to do any of your suggestions.

If I could, I would like to suggest that on April's fool day, they do something like have Baro come to visit, with only a single Broken Primed Ammo Drum to sell. But the price for it would be 999999 or something along that line.

Increased the resource cost of all items by tenfold. (Or make it appear to be)

Make a alert that has Gas Hazards but will one shot you once you enter the mission.

Replace every boss with Vay Hek at level 145.

Make the Stalker have the ability to Bladestorm. 

Make players unrevivable even in groups.

1 hour ago, Whi5p3r said:

I'm sure someone somewhere would rush the Excalibur prime parts with plat.   :p

That's why he said it can't be rushed. 

On topic. How about making it appear as though the limited revive system came back? Or replace all players items with alloy plates? 

I kinda agree with the OP, that will silence all of these threads begging for Excalibur Prime FOREVER! xD

Or instead, just announce that you're working on a proper expansion for the game like every other online game (except Destiny, that's fact we all know...) not just weapons and skins...

Nah, too predictable i guess.

calm your void tatas, Tenno! It's just a bad joke...

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

Finished compiling, if you want yours to be added to the list you have to state that at the end of your reply. Thanks Guys! this is turning into something that I am really enjoying, and one of the times that I get to see the fun side of the community (not just ranting about nerfs) all contributing to something funny.

Darvo: "Hey, Tenno. I got a special deal just for you. Any and every item on the market is FREE after I close this communication."

*closes Comms*

*Opens Comms*

Darvo: "Oh I forgot to mention. Items are only FREE for ten seconds... ... ... ... GO!"

OR!

Instead of the 10 seconds, you go to the Market and get the "Network Connection" message till you close out the Market.

Edited by (PS4)HaterReplicator