Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Octavia Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

2 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

except thing is the resonator deals dmg per enemy following it + they can hit the mallet because the resonator occasionally stops moving

so if we are been technical up in this u do not need to leave mallet out first do have rolling death aura c.c

Maybe it was a bug, but when the resonator stops moving for me, the enemies didn't fire.

...in fact, it looked like they were dancing...

Edited by Foefaller

33 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Resonator is pretty meh and ruins the Mallet, despite being designed to synergise with it.

Im not seeing how. From seeing how the 2 abilities works. You would throw Mallet out. Let enemies dmg it enough for the ability to do dmg and then throw out Resonator for it to travel and have enemies follow it while packing a punch to enemies

Seems like a better combo then anything else in the game.

While I like the Adau set, the alternative sets are all very much akin to each other in terms of their sound profiles. They all sound a bit grunge-y?

I suspect you're trying to match Octavia's sounds to Warframe's thematics, but can we get a greater variety of sound packs? Perhaps some classical instruments? After all, if the Treble Clef survived and was incorporated into the form of the Mandichord, lots of other classical musical elements could have survived.

Also, as someone else mentioned, Adau's melody is quite faint.

I just started my final Octavia build, but I've seen her in action for a bit, and I have to throw in with people looking askance at the Mallet/Resonator interaction. Specifically, Resonator directly undermines Mallet's ability to absorb damage and enhance its own. Is this intentional? Because it's really pretty clunky.

Her 4 is the most op ability in Warframe. How do you guys not get It? It gives 450% Damage Boost to EVERYONE in a quite big radius for a good duration. With Nidus's 3. Ability You can make 600-700% Damage Boost Octavia Ult. Also Her 1. is scaling with enemies, on a Kuva survival againts level 100, I did 80%+ damage, I was on the fckin floor and my 1. ability rected the enemies alone, while no teammate was there. Her 2. ability is the only one which isnt good, cuz It makes Her 1. ability useless. I never use the 2. ability and I dont even need to. The damage boost from Ult is just super strong, Its much better then Rhino buff or any augment mod buffs and It makes abilities hit harder, so Its also better then Banshee weakpoint ability, where you also need to hit the weakpoints. Her 3. ability can be a real pain with lag, but Its not that bad. If you get a goot song, then You can kinda learn to go into stealth without spamming crouch for 10 seconds, then You can become perma stealthed like a Naramon user. 

1 hour ago, Netzwerkfehler said:

You are seriously telling me that instead of looking at your frame/cross hair, you are looking at your buff bar? There are like 8 buff icons that rotate in order. I cannot keep track of that.

are you playing on 800x600?

I do not. It´s a far way for my eyes to the buff bar

Then get some glasses.

I'm playing at 1920x1080.

A few thoughts on Octavia: 

I tried her out, and she is a lot of FUN. That's great! The music thing is really cool, people sharing their songs is neat. And the idea of Tenno fighting to the beat of battle drums of some kind actually makes sense. 

However, in terms of the abilities, she feels a bit incomplete. 

Her 1) and 2) appear like they would have synergy, but as others have said, her 2) seems to mess with the functioning of her 1). Perhaps there could be an added functionality where you could either allow the rollerball to roll around, or command it to stay in one place or something? 

Her 3 is cool IMO, I don't really see the need for changes there. My only complaint is that it seems really difficult to get the invisibility buff, but that might have something to do with some of the songs I am using. 

But her 4) is the big problem IMO. It doesn't feel like an ultimate. It feels... incomplete. I don't know how else to put it. All it does is amplify damage, and it has such a long enough duration that you basically just thoughtlessly refresh it occasionally. It looks cool, but it needs to do more. It just feels like it is kind of there, but it doesn't really do anything but buff. I feel like she lacks any real cc and her support is a bit all over the place. 

The random buffs from Metronome are cool, but don't necessarily have any defined support niche. She can provide energy with her passive, but certainly not enough to replace EV Trin. She buffs damage, but not nearly as well as a frame like Banshee. And her final ability is quite expensive, and just doesn't have that much oomph. 

She is a LOT of fun, but I don't see her really being used commonly apart from the "I can play music with her" factor. She is mainly support, but she also is trying to be a damage frame as well. Her damage isn't that great, and her support is just all over the place. Her ult feels like it does too little. 

Sum it up, she is fun, the mandachord is awesome and I am sure I will spend many hours with it, but I just don't see people using her as a serious frame very much. 

Octavia's Metronome is very complicated for what it rewards you with.

It doesn't seem to be 'to the beat of the song'. It seems to be to the timing of the specific notes of the Metronome section, which is what the rings moving at her feet is based off of. It's fairly obtuse and the approachability is low...

You have to practice with that specific Octavia's song before you can get benefits from it, so any randoms will always be difficult to receive buffs from. The cosmetic appeal is great, but the only way I've gotten it to function reliably is to put a note in every possible beat-slot in the Metronome section of my Mandachord.

The percentages do not seem to be the percentage the buff is giving you, but progress towards -earning- the buff, which is not listed properly in the ability's description.

Edited by Yuni_Hermit

The reason Octavia is locked to a pentatonic scale at 120 bpm is not to not scare musically unknowledgeable folk, but to prevent trollsongs and dissonance between multiple octavias in a mission. Giving people a more complex musical tool would require DE to come up with an equally more complex solution to those issues.

I've got my Octavia where I want, 4 formas and not a regret.  She is a highly capable frame that can find a spot in any team I feel and do well in any mission type.  However one thing I feel could be added to her is a QoL fix maybe down the road.  When you are in the middle of a firing at your enemies or dodging and trying not to die with loud sound effects going off left and right you could miss your queues and having to flick your eyes up to see which buff you have and how long you have left feels stunted.  My idea would be a UI addition for Octavia... as such (please take into account I have no artistic skill so this is a very basic rendering of a UI) so this is going to be very copy/paste...

Spoiler

tlDbbHn.jpg

UI Mock-up explanation:  Next to the cross-hairs your personal buffs from Octavia's 3rd ability will show up allowing you to focus on the fight and differentiate your buffs from another Octavia's as well at a glance.  Buffs from other Octavia's will show up at the usual spot however.

Below the Cross-hair and to the left of the Ability's you will notice a Green Circle surrounded by three other Green hollow circles.  This is a UI representation of what appears on the floor beneath Octavia's feet.  This will take the color of Octavia's Energy and as it is on the UI it is easily accessible even in the middle of combat.

Edited by achromos

11 hours ago, D20 said:

--CONCLUSION--

So to conclude, Octavia does not allow the serious player to pack the tune of his choice. You MUST build your tune for combat, and that's a shame. Abilities are probably too dependent of the kind of music you play, and awards unfair bonuses to face paced (and often terrible) music. We expected Beethoven, but you guys pretty much gave us a kid on a xylophone. :(

Completely agree with that sentiment, it's extremely hard to write anything with only 5 notes, so failing that it seems most players just make random sound spam.  

Personally, I feel that the instrument should be separated into  multiple tabs allowing at least the use of a single octave. Without that, I guess we are just kids with 1/3 a xylophone :P.

1 hour ago, Netzwerkfehler said:

It´s called software ergonomics. Go read a article about it.

I wrote down my opinion. I do not need someone to tell me "get glasses"

You wrote down your opinion, I gave you a tip.

You refused to follow the tip.

Want me to do what? I can't do miracles, I'm not jesus.

You should take the time to read the initial text. Everything about the "missing feedback" is written there.

You either didn´t do it or didn´t understand it. There is no visual or audible feedback for RECEIVING a buff!

I would highly appreciate if ppl read the statement before giving their opinion.

You are just here fanboying octavia and insulting other tennos.

Im pretty sure its not line of sight. I kill things around corners all the time. whats really annoying is that the area it does damage isnt a spher but a disk. it only kills things that are on the same level as it. anything above or bellow a few meters doesn't take any damage.

58 minutes ago, hukurokuju5 said:

i shtere a reason that mallet doesnt aggro for me?

I doesn't aggro for me half the time as well. So many times I've thrown in front of a group of enemies, only for them to run past it and shoot me in the face. Either I don't know how to use it, or something's bugged.

I really like her 1, but it suffers from pitiful duration, it needs a good buff to duration for it to be really good.

her 2 is good for crowd control, but the fact that it picks up her 1 is so stupid, since if the enemies are charmed to follow the roller ball then they stop shooting her 1 which means no damage gets done to anything.

her 3 is clunky as all hell. its only useful for stealth and even then its annoying to use. and the LAST THING a power should be is annoying! did they learn nothing from limbo??

her 4 is just confusing only reason I use it is for the range buff to her 1, other than that i just dont get it. am I supposed to learn every tile of every map to know the ambient noise? because its kind of impossible to tell when there are 50 guns shooting at any given time.

This warframe is super fun. Now that I know how to work around her kit me and my friends are having a blast. The roller ball is a little annoying and I think it should move a little faster and be more reactive to when I move. also the color on here 3 could be toned down... maybe give it some more opacity, since even though I;m using darker colors it can be difficult to see whats on the ground near me. Also I wish there were more musical options; even if it cost a little plat I think it could be nice to make better, longer music that doesn't start to get annoying as time goes on.