The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's arrival marks another blow to male warframes

(XBOX)GrimVanD

Well DE ya did it again....made another female warframe that is way cooler than most male warframes....i feel this is kinda a trend.. and i know i know, most fellow tenno are probably gonna tell me to stop ranting, but its kinda the truth.....while its awesome that the three horror warframes (that i have given the pet name of the horror triangle)...

that being the likes of obviously Nekros cuz he is bassically the grim reaper of warframe, Inaros as he is pretty much  im-ho-tep from the Mummy movies and c'mon EATS enemies litterally (and when he dies he takes everyone with him and ultimately comes right back to life), ....and Nidus which imho is an infested vampire cuz he gets stronger as he kills enemies just as vampires grow in strength with the blood they consume...he is also akin to zombies if u will as well with the virus/infestation theme.....

but aside from these three warframes the girls are way cooler than the other males and/or have better asthetics than them, i mean valkyre was a insanely powerful lab creation gone awol with tons of lore to go along with it....mirage is arguably a better trickster/ assassin than loki, equinox's concept in general is badass, and the list goes on.....chroma has a cool concept and play style but is a lard &#! with his effigy on himself (which is 90% of the time) and alot of other male frames are chubby as well which backs up my asthetic point as well, these are alien space ninjas not attila the hun's henchmen, there not meant to be bulky and clunky, rather thin, sleek and streamline.....

but anyway back to the point at hand....my main reason for ranting is because i am in a band myself and of course the music warframe is a girl....the one frame i did not want to be a girl lol, and im not sexist by any means...i think its sexy when chicks kick &#!, but as a guy i naturally want to play as a guy and if warframe were real i would definitely have a male warframe....and yes to the female players that are gonna read this i am not saying its anymore right that the music warframe should be represented as a male .....

why couldnt DE have made the bard frame an "it" like genderless ya know (no not like a transgender, kinda like how cars dont have a "gender").....idk, i know im gonna get allot of flak for this post but its how i feel on the matter thats all, im still gonna play her, cant be in a band and not play the music frame or at least have it, honestly cant wait to see what tunes i can create (hopefully they put in some heavy guitar as i am in a metalcore band, and also should not exclude that genre of music, cuz metalheads dont wanna run around with some nikki minage crap sounding beats)....

and my final peace i wouldnt be as frustrated if it wasnt obviously a girly girl and what i mean is she kinda reminds me of when pre teen girls have slumber bashes lol, like thats the vibe i get....but anyways leave a comment on what u guys and gals think and try not to roast me too bad for this post/rant lol 

I dont get the point of this complain. You want what? More manly man frames? Or you just want more male frames? There are 17 male frames ingame and only 14 female. If its only matter of gender - you can play Nezha - he is girly looking male, and Valkyr is quite opposite. You can play Equinox also - its two in one: White Knite male and Refined female.

But, as I said, I read it twice and still didnt get the point.

10 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

128546690837.jpg

Says the guy who didnt even read the post....cmon man i didnt even get the time to get through the first sentence while proof reading my own post and u already posted this pic, i agree i get the same vibe from my own post but it wasnt inteded to be read in that tone, and at least take the time to read it before u bash me next time, im assuming u know what a books story was just by the title 

Just now, (Xbox One)XxSkullz667xX said:

Says the guy who didnt even read the post....cmon man i didnt even get the time to get through the first sentence while proof reading my own post and u already posted this pic, i agree i get the same vibe from my own post but it wasnt inteded to be read in that tone, and at least take the time to read it before u bash me next time, im assuming u know what a books story was just by the title 

I read your post... my image still stands.

I mean, c'mon now.. Palatine rhino, koga ash, harka frost, and freyarch broberon; ketos hydroid; limbo's concept; nezha's powers. These are all pretty damn interesting.

Ps. If you want to look creepy, inaros' agile is really good. And hydroid's noble looks manly af. Nidus and chroma noble are pretty in between manly and beastly

cooler? thats like, your opinion man. and valkyr's "lore" is a joke thats only those words you just said. thats not "tons".

and "as a guy i naturally want to play as a guy" is $&*&*#(%& to hell and back. its not natural, at all. hell majority of guys online pick female characters to play in mmos, im very much certain that alone says how "natural" is that.

I see where OP is coming from- some guys like to only play MALE characters while others do not care. OP is in the one camp of wanting MALE characters to be as cool as the FEMALE ones.

Thing is....they are all cool in their own respect. The fact that you can take any Warframe Agility and place it on any you own is a step in giving more Testosterone where you see is needed.  Enjoy the diversity that each frame comes with and look forward to what is to come in the real LORE. Hopefully it gets better than being kids collecting toys.

3 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

cooler? thats like, your opinion man. and valkyr's "lore" is a joke thats only those words you just said. thats not "tons".

and "as a guy i naturally want to play as a guy" is $&*&*#(%& to hell and back. its not natural, at all. hell majority of guys online pick female characters to play in mmos, im very much certain that alone says how "natural" is that.

Wasnt trying to piss anyone off dude....yes its my opinion ,...and thats ur opinion, but unlike alot of the ppl in this post im not gonna disrespect ur opinion and ill just leave ya with this that i wasnt aware there was such a huge fanbase of male gammers play as female characters and was not calling said gammers unnatural, i guess me myself feels more at home in a male character thats all 

I can't imagine anything cooler that this:

f3fqf0J.png

My only concern about the update is that all the new dancing animations are too feminine to use them with male warframes. At least for me.

Edited by Ksaero

I couldn't care less tbh. I've been maining Excalibur since i've started playing 4~ Years ago, he's perfect for me, and there hasn't been any frame that came close to him since. To each his own i guess, but i really couldn't care less. Excalibur Umbra is coming within the next couple Years so i'll be set.

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DShinShoryuken said:

I see where OP is coming from- some guys like to only play MALE characters while others do not care. OP is in the one camp of wanting MALE characters to be as cool as the FEMALE ones.

Thing is....they are all cool in their own respect. The fact that you can take any Warframe Agility and place it on any you own is a step in giving more Testosterone where you see is needed.  Enjoy the diversity that each frame comes with and look forward to what is to come in the real LORE. Hopefully it gets better than being kids collecting toys.

Thanks man for not completely destroying me lol....ur prob the only one and will be the only one who doesnt....which is as i expected lol....idk just felt like opening a can of worms this morning i guess.....but in all honesty im trying to get better with playing as females....idk why thats a big deal for me, but yes i wish alot of the male frames had some tweaks if u will....but yea thanks again for a non hateful reply, was nice lol 

Me, as female player loving rhinos, reamins to this day in outer rage for not beaing able to play a Rhino female frame...

Come on dude, it's not like Octavia is particularly "gendered", and anyway on the contrary, has any Monsanto-Bayer fan complained about the Saryn skin?

Are you one of these guys that can only play with "hot chicks" or bulky badass ManlyMan characters?

Because clearly Warframe isn't good for that, most of the concepts we have are theme-driven rather than gender-driven, which I find really nice.

You can still pretend that Octavia is agendered (seems legit to me), as I keep considering Equinox as both male and female, because it's cooler and they let this apart just for the sake of the male-male-female-female pattern...

Nobody will care :clem:

Spoiler

tumblr_o6ru6gBr8s1umflspo1_500.png

Edited by Louarkaw

If playing a certain gender in a video game is bothering you that much, you need to get that checked instead of asking people to cater to your messed up needs. It's like complaining to the dairy farm your cheese are melting too fast because your house is on fire.

Dear diary,

Today I saw a person complain about the fact that they thought a Warframe was too much of a "girly girl" even though the specific Warframe they complain about is actually one of the more androgynous of the Warframes in appearance.

We move further from god's light every single day. There is no hope for humanity any more.

3 minutes ago, Louarkaw said:

Me, as female player loving rhinos, reamins to this day in outer rage for not beaing able to play a Rhino female frame...

Come on dude, it's not like Octavia is particularly "gendered", and anyway on the contrary, has any Monsanto-Bayer fan complained about the Saryn skin?

Are you one of these guys that can only play with "hot chicks" or bulky badass ManlyMan characters?

Because clearly Warframe isn't good for that, most of the concepts we have are theme-driven rather than gender-driven, which I find really nice.

You can still pretend that Octavia is agendered (seems legit to me), as I keep considering Equinox as both male and female, because it's cooler and they let this apart

just for the sake of the male-male-female-female pattern... Nobody will care :clem:

Ok i take that as a bitter sweet response...its just my tone was not the crying baby pic the dipS#&$ at the begining posted....i was more just kinda like how u wish there was a female rhino , i wish there was male versions of some frames if thats fair to say...and no im not one of those guys who only like "hot chicks and play with muscular manly men" or whatever, im just one of those types of gammers who like to play characters of the same gender thats all 

17 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I can't imagine anything cooler that this:

f3fqf0J.png

My only concern about the update is that all the new dancing animations are too feminine to use them with male warframes. At least for me.

Well that is mostly due the animations are tied to Octavias casting animation, so of course its more female.

We sure get more in the future which are more neutral, but those new ones are Octavais basicly, as you even see on there names sicne those are named after her music themes partly.

"cool" is a matter of opinion

I think the number of frames with "cool" skills is 14 males to 10 females
even tho I enjoy playing female characters more than males

and when it comes to your personal preference on what gender a type of frame should be, you're not the only one,
me personally I thought a dragon frame that was female would of been friggen sweet, but I didn't get that, what did I do? I waited for a female frame I liked, and my patience has finally payed off. (and seeing as how the bard is almost always a male, its about damn time)

5 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

Dear diary,

Today I saw a person complain about the fact that they thought a Warframe was too much of a "girly girl" even though the specific Warframe they complain about is actually one of the more androgynous of the Warframes in appearance.

We move further from god's light every single day. There is no hope for humanity any more.

Just wow dude really??? I realize my post may sound a bit rant-ish but ur kinda blowing it outta proportion....for one i am a christian, lutheren to be exact, secondly im not insane as some of these ppl are making me sound....u can take almost anyones text and shed it in a different light, kinda like u get the impression that ppl are angry in text but not in real life, kinda like the same way my post is being perceived 

While I couldn't care less whether Octavia was male or female, I kinda agree with you in the dancing movements and the look of the frame. I was hecka hyped for music frame, but I guess I'm not too much a fan of the look. Was also hoping for noble to be classier, cool kinda dancing with agile as hyped up party dancing, but ah well. 

For me, I'll just wait for a deluxe skin.

I am curious though, do you dislike playing female characters because you do not want to be seen as female? As in, seeing your character as a female one makes you feel uncomfortable, no matter how cool the character is (for example, Mesa)?