Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Limbo Revisited Feedback Megathread

(XBOX)ZeroMKIX

On 4/21/2017 at 9:04 AM, H3RRD0KT0R said:

A simple idea I have is to use melee to take enemies out of stasis, this wouldn't hurt the bullet time part of the ability, and melee currently doesn't serve any purpose against frozen enemies anyway. I also considered a prompt to take them out of there, but melee just sounds overall easily and more dynamic.

So you literally want to make limbo useless?

Look, I understand that there are some pretty bad limbo players out there, but since the rework, I have only came across ONE who was using stasus and causing everybody to do nothing.

Seems like there are three groups right now. The "Religiously devoted", The "Blacklisters" and The "Lone wolves". For those that believe this nerf was a gift sent from the Lotus herself and Limbo is now playing like he should be, as a cc frame with the power to stop time... Frost can basically do the same thing but with less intrusion. Frost can freeze enemies quite easily for 15-22 seconds with his 4 and protect an objective with his 3. You can also use a Slova to slow the enemies down while also increasing the teams damage output. And while yes, you can still use melee, not everyone uses Melee as their primary weapon.

Personally, I dislike the way Limbo plays now. Granted, I didn't like how he played originally, but now he's just... Bleh. He's great if you solo, but what's the point in playing a COOPERATIVE TEAM BASED game if you're just solo running? At that point, I might as well play the single player story mode of Halo or Sniper Elite. He's also great if you play premade games, but not everyone plays premade. Also, he' has about as much interaction as Octavia does right now. People constantly complain that all Octavia does is cast 1, 3 and 4, finds a place to sit down and let her roaming ball of death do all the work for her. Well, Limbo is basically the same thing now. All I do is cast 2 and 4, find a place to sit down and let the DoTs take care of the killing for me. Right now the ONLY reason I play Limbo is to make Kuva farming easier. Cast my 2 and 4 to make everything a non-threat, dash the Kuva, recast if needed, repeat. That's it. I wouldn't consider taking him into a Sortie, even if he was going to be amazing. I wouldn't consider taking him into endless missions with level 1 million enemies, even though he'd be amazing in there.

The other big problem is people can troll the Limbo now. Before, it was the Limbo who was the master troll of the battlefield, preventing pickups or continuing a mobile defense mission with his Cataclysm, but now people have already made Stasis killing weapons, which basically is Limbos only form of survival. What am I suppose to do if someone keeps deactivating my Stasis? Do I just Rift Dash and sit out the entire mission? Or, how about if two Limbos are in the same party? I mean, it can be a fun game to try and get the other Limbos killed by screwing them over or having them screw you over, but not everyone plays that game.

Limbo right now is basically trash. And I mean trash as in there are better options for the exact same role, not unusable trash. He intrudes on the others far to much right now to be of a real help the majority of the time.

Ok so been playing limbo now for a few days....

I have been maining him for a few months now..

I like infinite rift... That's fun

Banish is a nice idea but should wrk like it used to...keep the range aspect of it, just make it usuable while in the rift like it used to be.

I like stasis but it's barely usable...people use up the 300 projectile limit way too quickly...i say wen stasis is popped it forces everyone into melee including enemies. Gives allies a huge melee dmg buff as well as channeling efficiency buff and were good.

Rift surge is worthless

Cataclysm is weaker than it used to be. I just use it as a combo to stasis... Negative strength cuz a high or average strength build is crapola.

Im gettin the hang of him now.

DE, ill give u an A- not bad:)

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

1 hour ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Same on PS4. I guess console players are different.

Either console players are much less dramatic, more chill, or most pc players don't care and we are witnessing cherry picked (false) anecdotes. 

(Some people do this often). 

Much like how octavias abilities are eye bleeding yet they are very simplistic in comparison to many other abilities that really do clutter the screen.

I guess his 4th was never intended to do so much damage BUT, I actually liked the concept to do damage with his 4th. Maybe DE could have dropped the damage but not so much.

I know a lot of people might hate me, but I liked the old Limbo more because of my playstyle. I roll a lot to dodge enemy fire and with Limbo, I keep entering and leaving the rift.

Also, I hate to get into games with a Limbo with a huge range that freezes everything. I cant use my weapons the way I would like to. 

I cant see how Limbo 4th was worst than Octavia - Drop ball and tea bag every 30s - Refresh ball... 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Either console players are much less dramatic, more chill, or most pc players don't care and we are witnessing cherry picked (false) anecdotes. 

(Some people do this often). 

Much like how octavias abilities are eye bleeding yet they are very simplistic in comparison to many other abilities that really do clutter the screen.

I played with a lot of people ranking up Octavia in Akkad recently. Nothing was bothersome about it. It was funny how everyone repeatedly crouches when Octavia uses her abilities. I've also been seeing a lot more Limbos in pugs and surprisingly, no one's doing the Catabomb spam. PS4 still has the Catabomb version. I bet when that's updated, no one on console would even notice.

My experience on sorties when I drop a Cataclysm with Stasis on it, people just dance around inside it. Especially if they're bringing "not maxed rank" equipment in a sortie. Idk, maybe pc gamers are just really toxic.

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

Indeed, I enjoy the new "into the infinite rift" aspect, but I again wish that I could use his #1 on targets outside the rift. I never really used his #4 as it usually meant everything outside the rift was now inside and took away the one advantage I had, being undamageable. 

His 2 gives you said advantage

Just remove Limbo from the game. People are still trolling with him, as broken as he is. Cataclysm is still being spammed, which is as annoying as ever, popping players in and out of the Rift. I still get caught wasting shots on enemies I can't hurt. And I can't wait until another Limbo clown decides his squad isn't allowed to play a Mobile Defense mission.

The previous version of the frame was better. What was the motivation behind making Limbo more OP than every other frame in the game? Did it boost sales somehow? Conversely, I don't understand the motivation behind castrating Limbo, as opposed to rolling back or improving him. Ash received the same lousy treatment, and I'm sure DE already has another frame targeted for destruction in the near future.

This song is getting old, DE.

Limbo 3-rd skill+huge amount of enemies=30fps. Stasis by itself doesnt affect fps that much, but his 3...yea. It doesn't even seems like game eats more resources or anything, feels like game engine by itself just can't handle that much. Proposal-tone down visual effects of it, make it less flashy and sparky.

45 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

Just remove Limbo from the game

Yes singling out a player base because "i dont like X" while ripping out all their time and effort/preferred play styles is a great idea.

48 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

The previous version of the frame was better.

It was intrinsically broken in a bad way.

49 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

Limbo more OP than every other frame in the game?

Examples because all he can do is stop enemies and gun use, rift torrent lowers in power per enemy killed. There are numerous frames who do what he can do except faster and 0 restrictions.

50 minutes ago, DEATHLOK said:

This song is getting old,

I know and you are free to your opinion but i heavily disagree with almost every point.

11 hours ago, Slaviar said:

I didn't use pre nerf Limbo but seeing him in action felt like watching ye olde Saryn. Just much, much stronger. So I don't complain about removal of nuking capacity. I don't think Limbo should have any nuking capacity, I think it doesn't suit his theme.

Only started using him post nerf and I like what I see. I don't really see a point in using Banish and unaugmented Rift Surge but Stasis+Cataclysm is lot of fun.

Didn't fight Corpus yet but it seems he is now extremely vulnerable to power nullification.

Pretty much.

What you do with rift surge is you cast it so that enemies stay inside cata even as it recedes past them. It has the bonus of banishing enemies around them as it passes them by, but the best use is that you can hit banish at surged enemies at the periphery of your cataclysm to keep bringing enemies in. Depending on your range and duration, you can use a few enemies as 'seeds' and use rift surge and banish to keep bringing enemies in the rift without needing to go out of it or use catcaclysm.

2 hours ago, DEATHLOK said:

Just remove Limbo from the game. People are still trolling with him, as broken as he is. Cataclysm is still being spammed, which is as annoying as ever, popping players in and out of the Rift. I still get caught wasting shots on enemies I can't hurt. And I can't wait until another Limbo clown decides his squad isn't allowed to play a Mobile Defense mission.

The previous version of the frame was better. What was the motivation behind making Limbo more OP than every other frame in the game? Did it boost sales somehow? Conversely, I don't understand the motivation behind castrating Limbo, as opposed to rolling back or improving him. Ash received the same lousy treatment, and I'm sure DE already has another frame targeted for destruction in the near future.

This song is getting old, DE.

Limbo DOES NOT need to be removed...loki switch teleport troll is way more annoying.

Ash rework is perfect...i love playing with him now.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

2 hours ago, Evanescent said:

Pretty much.

What you do with rift surge is you cast it so that enemies stay inside cata even as it recedes past them. It has the bonus of banishing enemies around them as it passes them by, but the best use is that you can hit banish at surged enemies at the periphery of your cataclysm to keep bringing enemies in. Depending on your range and duration, you can use a few enemies as 'seeds' and use rift surge and banish to keep bringing enemies in the rift without needing to go out of it or use catcaclysm.

Thanks for advice.

I wish we could still use banish on mobs at different plane. As it is now I feel it's too easy to die trying to get that one mob into rift.

Was that the second sortie mission? If so, I have the exact same problem atm... except that it doesn't seem like it's limbo but the map itself. Normally I have constant 85 fps(solo) 70-85 fps(coop), in that mission I have around 50 fps all the time, no matter what ability i use.

53 minutes ago, spacedkadet said:

I just want the pre-rework limbo back. I was always a fan of his but now he is a shadow of his former self. Basically he just annoys me now :(

I don't know about you, but the old Limbo was significantly worse. Regardless of what flaws may exist in this iteration, the old Limbo was horrifyingly bad. It had no place. At least now, he's a decent CC frame with good damage capabilities. The old one had nothing.

Limbo is one of the best literally the best warframe in the warframe now after his rework. Why is that, you ask? Because Limbo believes in something, and he stands up for what he believes in.

Some of you may not know, but if you check Limbo's twitter profile, you'll see that he is Canadian, and like any respectable Canadian, he's against gun violence. But unlike most other Canadians, Limbo actually does something about it. Wherever he is is a gun free zone, literally. Whether you like it or not. Maybe even especially if you don't like it. When Limbo is present, gun violence goes down to 0%, and when you you are getting such phenomenal results, well, there's no price too great to pay. So what if you have to manually beat the bad guys to death with sharpened sticks, one at a time? Think of all the lives being saved, all the increased safety. Limbo makes the world a better place, one max range, high duration Stasis+Cataclysm at a time.

Limbo is ready to do his part, are you doing yours?

4 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Limbo DOES NOT need to be removed...loki switch teleport troll is way more annoying.

Ash rework is perfect...i love playing with him now.

Really? Since 2013, I've had a Loki switch teleport me one time, and it's because I was lingering near extraction.

POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP in and out of the Rift takes first place, as far as I'm concerned. Would love to know which genius failed to think that through.

Ash is a neutered waste saddled with a lame AFK slide show ultimate. BAD. DESIGN. But then maybe you'd love to see every frame have to manually select targets for any AoE damage? I hear pro gamers really have the hots for that mechanic.

I know that limbo has been talked about a lot, with his rework and the cataclysm nerf but hear me out.

Limbo is a great frame...when you are playing him. Stasis/cataclysm is fun to use and watching what unfolds afterwards is great. With that said, being on the team of a limbo using these abilities is a different story. I lose affinity and bullets while shooting at anything that is in stasis because i have no control over the ability myself, which is not fun, its aggravating. Because of how it affects the other team mates I don't use them in public games, which kind of detracts from the purpose of the game.

I would rather not have anything to do with the rift plane when I'm not playing limbo, let that be limbo's territory and no longer an uncontrollable frustration for the rest of the people using other frames.