What is the appeal of Atlas Frame?

Darizuka

Alot of players I meet
tend to say the same thing
"Atlas is underused"
"Atlas is horrible"
"Atlas is Warframe's version of Urgot"

He is considered the "Earth"/"Rock" Element-(ish) Frame
whose supposed to be thing powerful and durable Frame that could supposedly break mountains with 1 Punch
but... In general he seems very...

"Eh?" -ish

and to some degree alot of people think he is the least appealing/beneficial Frame ever.

Whats your input?

Atlas is not terrible at the moment but does have a little less than one might want past tough barriers and a mean punching arm. I believe your findings on Atlas not being that used are not alone, even DE said that Atlas was among the least used warframes. Most likely because while it is decent, Atlas isn't that flashy outside of punching very hard.

He is literally one punch man. His 1 scales with the combo counter. He can summon rock titans that actually do something. Ore gaze is ore gaze, it has it's uses in corridors. His wall can get you out of tight jams.

He's a great frame. Idk where you're getting your information.

Edited by JSharpie

Just now, JSharpie said:

He is literally one punch man. His 1 scales with the combo counter. He can someone rock titans that actually do something. Ore gaze is ore gaze, it has it's uses in corridors. His wall can get you out of tight jams.

He's a great frame. Idk where you're getting your information.

im getting it from everyone

Im still new to the game

and joined a "Farming"
I got 2 of his parts

in 2 farms

but yah... :B didnt know what i was getting into...

Uhum.....

ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!!!

-end of Atlas review

In all honesty though, Never put much time into atlas. I have a 1 -punch a lot- build but a big problem is that while his 1 is fun, it is slow. And his Kit has 0 synergy to make him more engaging. 

IMO he is currently just a bunch of rocklike abilities ... cobbled... together.

punches things(and things close by) [/u]really[/u] hard, blocks AI to troll them, spreads out incoming fire by creating two distractions that will Kill things from time to time.

and then an Ability that tries to be CC, but takes a long time on Heavies and you can't still play the game while you do so. has falloff with distance to make matters worse (which is fine for Enemies near the edge of your Range but it means ones in the middle still take a long friggin time)
and there's the l00t Augment if you consider that good for the game/relevant to Gameplay.

11 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Every anime reference is low effort.

ayyyyyy

Edited by taiiat

Atlas is my second most played warframe after Frost. I modded him for suvivabilty (rejuvination, vitalty, redirection, vigor/rage, steel fiber, rapid resilience), speed (amored agility, rush) and a bit of power strength (intensify, blind rage). And I have arcane guardian on my syandana for more armor.

For me his kit is very versatile. I use his rumbles to draw enemy aggro or just distract enemies. they come in quite handy specially in high level sorties when you need to revive team mates. Tectonics are helpful to block off corridors and they scale pretty well due their ability to get additional health equal to damage they took in their first 4 seconds. They are also great to protect mobile defense targets. And if things get too hairy I use landslide to punch my way out.

I find Atlas useful for everything but defense. He is a good solo frame and I take him into sorties, rathum, index and the normal stuff. 

He's my go-to for Sentient killing. His 1 is great fun, especially if you don't sacrifice power range because AoE punching is the best. I'll us his 4 and 2 situaitonally, normally if I need to pick up a teammate, or if the objective needs extra defences. Otherwise, it's 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 extraction :p

4 hours ago, Darizuka said:

Alot of players I meet
tend to say the same thing
"Atlas is underused"
"Atlas is horrible"
"Atlas is Warframe's version of Urgot"

He is considered the "Earth"/"Rock" Element-(ish) Frame
whose supposed to be thing powerful and durable Frame that could supposedly break mountains with 1 Punch
but... In general he seems very...

"Eh?" -ish

and to some degree alot of people think he is the least appealing/beneficial Frame ever.

Whats your input?

Wasn't Urgot top tier?  I left when they deleted the game but Urgot was definitely one of the best characters.

3 minutes ago, Callback said:

Wasn't Urgot top tier?  I left when they deleted the game but Urgot was definitely one of the best characters.

He's referring to League of Legend's Urgot, a character who is very rarely played, mostly because of his atrocious appearance. He is among a few of the characters who are only played by a select few and didn't see recognition until a professional player used him to win games during one of the major League of Legend tournaments.

21 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

He's referring to League of Legend's Urgot, a character who is very rarely played, mostly because of his atrocious appearance. He is among a few of the characters who are only played by a select few and didn't see recognition until a professional player used him to win games during one of the major League of Legend tournaments.

I know, I'm talking about the same thing.

He was top tier while the game was around, briefly considered actually OP in bot (but that was back during the year when Kassadin was completely pre-nerf broken and the only default auto-ban in tournaments before player chat and game bans even started), and eventually settled as just an all-around top tier, working in both top and bot.  He was never as broken as kass or even original Kha'Zix, but he was strong.  About on par bot with what original Jayce did to top.

Edited by Callback

22 minutes ago, Callback said:

I know, I'm talking about the same thing.

He was top tier while the game was around, briefly considered actually OP in bot (but that was back during the year when Kassadin was completely pre-nerf broken and the only default auto-ban in tournaments before player chat and game bans even started), and eventually settled as just an all-around top tier, working in both top and bot.  He was never as broken as kass or even original Kha'Zix, but he was strong.  About on par bot with what original Jayce did to top.

No, he was never top tier. He was a hidden gem due to his ability to deal so much damage with a situationally long range lock on ability as well as having a lot of survivability thanks to his damage reducing passive, a shield, and a cc + damage reducing ultimate, but ultimately lacked the (non-situational) range, damage, and mobility to be top tier.

Atlas, Titania, Oberon; great if you take the time to understand when and where their abilities are to be used. Under appreciated because they aren't cut from cheese and actually have something strategic to offer. I don't think either will be used much until DE makes the game more Strategy-centric, then they will be abused.

Give him a shot, shove a couple forma up his butt and see how you like him.

Edited by Ultimate_Vault_Hunter

51 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

No, he was never top tier. He was a hidden gem due to his ability to deal so much damage with a situationally long range lock on ability as well as having a lot of survivability thanks to his damage reducing passive, a shield, and a cc + damage reducing ultimate, but ultimately lacked the (non-situational) range, damage, and mobility to be top tier.

He was definitely top tier.  I mained AD Malz bot and Urgot was one of very few champions I feared.

Urgot had plenty of damage, and his range was fine for all purposes he needed.  He was a bruiser of sorts, very tanky and could easily engage in melee range.  Muramana, black cleaver, iceborn gauntlet as his core.  He could bust tanks with all that armor shred(E plus cleaver) as well as melt squishies.  Simply alternating Q and autoattack was massive sustained damage.  And his ult was a guaranteed gank secure.  That was the real kicker.  Plus the tankiness it provided made it a great tool for fights in general.  Muramana didn't evolve until endgame but by that point with it toggled he was a monster.  His sheer ability to punish with a single landed E was insane.

But the point here is Atlas.  And just like Urgot spammed Q to win, Atlas presses 1 and destroys everything.

Edited by Callback