Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mom's Lotus skin

Neptlude

While on one hand, I think a purely cosmetic overlay that could be used regardless of Warframe would be cool...

this would be worse than playing WoW with everyone carrying the Ashbringer and Doomhammer. =p

There're 26 million registered snowflakes  :nerd:  but only one DE-Space-Reb  :heart:

While I don't think all players should have access to this skin, I *do* this it was a blunder to give Rebecca access to this on her account.

Hear me out.

The entire purpose of the Prime Time show (for those of us that were there for its genesis) was to show that the DE team is in touch with their own game. That they play the same missions and encounter the same difficulties. Despite this, there has been criticism raised that Rebecca's (and the other DE staff members) enjoy 'hacked' benefits. For instance, when Kubrows were first released, the droprate on eggs was reportedly dreadful. People claimed to farm for hours and hours with no eggs dropping. However, Rebecca farmed one live, on Prime Time, over the course of an hour. People accused her of cheating and hacking droprates. The same thing happened with the Vay Hek re-design and beacons, and several other cases.

Of course it seems ridiculous that Rebecca would fudge these things, but owning a Lotus skin is like her proudly proclaiming 'Yes, I employ my dev status to hack my account and enjoy benefits nobody else can'. This goes against the entire spirit of Prime Time, which was to showcase that she plays the game on the exact same ground as us.

I don't like it, on principle. 

• Like 1

As part of the dev who needs to frequently showcase what the game has to offer, it is natural that they have access to any game content at any point of time. @AM-Bunny

I'm sure they don't 'play' the game like we do n boast about their gear in regular game sessions any time of the day 

Why would I wanna play as lotus when I can play as something that's far better looking.

I remember the moment i saw lotus for the first time in second dream, I was awestruck. I wanna feel somewhat the same way the next time I see her. which I won't if I was allowed to use that skin everyday.

6 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

While I don't think all players should have access to this skin, I *do* this it was a blunder to give Rebecca access to this on her account.

Hear me out.

The entire purpose of the Prime Time show (for those of us that were there for its genesis) was to show that the DE team is in touch with their own game. That they play the same missions and encounter the same difficulties. Despite this, there has been criticism raised that Rebecca's (and the other DE staff members) enjoy 'hacked' benefits. For instance, when Kubrows were first released, the droprate on eggs was reportedly dreadful. People claimed to farm for hours and hours with no eggs dropping. However, Rebecca farmed one live, on Prime Time, over the course of an hour. People accused her of cheating and hacking droprates. The same thing happened with the Vay Hek re-design and beacons, and several other cases.

Of course it seems ridiculous that Rebecca would fudge these things, but owning a Lotus skin is like her proudly proclaiming 'Yes, I employ my dev status to hack my account and enjoy benefits nobody else can'. This goes against the entire spirit of Prime Time, which was to showcase that she plays the game on the exact same ground as us.

I don't like it, on principle. 

Imo Rebecca is playing because she's kind of a "shield", they know that if Sheldon is playing and start to stuck on every door, die against sentient, etc... We'll ask for nerfs/rework. But since it's cute space mom behind the keyboard I guess we're less rude. And since she's more representating the casual player base than the pgm ninja one, her mistakes/cheats are sort of "ok" .

But yeah, I don't mind if she's hacking things to have skins to show us what they look like. But I'm kinda salty when she showcases a mission with godmode on... And when we try it on our accounts it's just plain hardcore. Sometimes I feel like she have something to make ennemies half blind too, like they don't know how to aim her, at all :clem: