Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.2.3

[DE]Rebecca

39 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Removed the ability to friend yourself.

Awww, Forever alone.

Now that Limbo Cata got changed I will go back trying to master him, the kill switch was fun and games but didn't really let me master the rift without locking out entire areas (while Cataclysm + surge can lock out enemies without having Cataclysm active which helps a lot in not disrupting your team).

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

People here are whining about limbo being useless. When he isnt. Like wth? Cataclysmic and stasis makes for a crowd control easily and the rift surge augment with like 169% power strength gives you a little over 50% more power per affected enemy. Like stop complaining and actually think of a more useful way. Some people these days just think a nuke would solve everyone's problem in the game when it's not. I'm glad they did something with it. Limbo wasnt meant to be a nuke anyways. Cc ftw. Still my best solo frame and my best defense frame.

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

1AJtLZL.jpg

Good, this change should end the LazyFrame 2.0 issue. Now, to work on Stasis and prevent it from freezing allies projectiles and forcing teammates into Melee.

Yeah. I would agree that its a problem with such a face-paced game. Limbo alone isnt a problem with it cause he has full control but allies in the team gotta stop on a dime and melee or spam powers as a trade-off of pausing the enemies. Which isnt really effective considering that a Tigris can out damage anything in this game except nyx's absprb when it hits a million

4 minutes ago, BlueTunicLink said:

People here are whining about limbo being useless. When he isnt. Like wth? Cataclysmic and stasis makes for a crowd control easily and the rift surge augment with like 169% power strength gives you a little over 50% more power per affected enemy. Like stop complaining and actually think of a more useful way. Some people these days just think a nuke would solve everyone's problem in the game when it's not. I'm glad they did something with it. Limbo wasnt meant to be a nuke anyways. Cc ftw. Still my best solo frame and my best defense frame.

or just use his syndicate mod which grants 30% extra damage per enemy in rift when activated, bonus from 30% to unlimited...best ive seen personally was 1230% increase with 41 in rift, now how is that bad?

5 minutes ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Awww, Forever alone.

Now that Limbo Cata got changed I will go back trying to master him, the kill switch was fun and games but didn't really let me master the rift without locking out entire areas (while Cataclysm + surge can lock out enemies without having Cataclysm active which helps a lot in not disrupting your team).

Yes. That is actually the very key to mastering limbo's complexity. Snice he is claim to be the most complex frame yet in the game as DE said. It helps out alot more than i thought it would.

5 minutes ago, BlueTunicLink said:

These days? Oh boy, this is nothing compared to saryn. (who actually has a amazing kit now anyway)

Though the changes were deserved (limbo) and needed (nyx) ... the vague way you're starting to take a look to "rework" Chroma is not clear at all. I think a lot of people wants to know the reasons Chroma needs a "rework" or "abilities' calculation change".

3 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

or just use his syndicate mod which grants 30% extra damage per enemy in rift when activated, bonus from 30% to unlimited...best ive seen personally was 1230% increase with 41 in rift, now how is that bad?

Thats what i mean. Not many know but the strength per enemy is increase with power strength. I have 169% just so i got 50% per enemy

Edited by BlueTunicLink

1 minute ago, Myulin said:

Though the changes were deserved (limbo) and needed (nyx) ... the vague way you're starting to take a look to "rework" Chroma is not clear at all. I think a lot of people wants to know the reasons Chroma needs a "rework" or "abilities' calculation change".

They stated that oberon is being looked into first. So i would think they will mention the reasons once they get to chroma.  

46 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Removed the ability to friend yourself.

I don't know why, but I felt sad when I read this.

48 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Nyx's Assimilate Augment for Absorb no longer Absorbs Friendly Fire

Yay!

Also fair nerfs to Limbo. He's not meant to be a nuker anyways. I do like that little bit of decision making you now need to do when releasing the cataclysm.

Oh no. Limbo Nuke is gone.

Tbh I never used this at all and made extremely good use of his 1,2 and 4 since his rework. He is now an exceptional Warframe especially in Sorties. He trivializes Sorties solo without Nuking everything. 

Defense: Banish the guy and Stasis enemies within his 4 and Melee everything

Rescue: Banish the dude and rush to extract.

Mobile Defense and Interception: Lock down the defense points and win.

All this while not dying at no cost. 

People saying they are never using him clearly weren't using him as intended.

13 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Now, to work on Stasis and prevent it from freezing allies projectiles and forcing teammates into Melee.

you know if you want to play a single player shooter, there's like, a lot of them. this game included, if you change the matchmaking settings!

Edited by Emperrier

1 minute ago, Emperrier said:

you know if you want to play a single player shooter, there's like, a lot of them. this game included, if you change the matchmaking settings!

That's such terrible logic, "If you don't like this one small thing from this one character that you have no control over whether or not people play, then PLAY SOLO"

Ahh nice DE making the limbo once again Useless. I noticed they waited for people to start forma'ring and buying plat to improve the limbo build before they nerfed the hell out of it once more. Nice one DE. Shows you guys really care about your community we cant have over powered warframes ruining the game and making people buy more platinum. Much better to farm crap at a steady pace and not buy to win. Hope the guy who implemented the limbo "fix" originally got his pink slip today.

Did a test on simularum - with 20 charger  - i was not able to get them down to half hp. I ve used two catalysm and waited to shortest rage. I dealed maybe 8 - 10 % of there hp as dmg after two chatalysm. Not posseble to kill even if u wait for ctaclym ending. 

used level 145 charger x 20 on short rage 

3 minutes ago, Myulin said:

The basics. vex uses a bugged system to calculate the values, (an old system). The problem needs to be fixed but that needs team dedication. They botched a fix for now by returning it to pre-problem state but it stull works on a bugged system like before.

The ability needs to be rebuild, and that is why they need a warframe rework slot. But oberon is first.

Thats my take on it at least, based on posts and the dev stream as well I believe.

1 minute ago, MogTheMagnificent said:

Ahh nice DE making the limbo once again Useless. I noticed they waited for people to start forma'ring and buying plat to improve the limbo build before they nerfed the hell out of it once more. Nice one DE. Shows you guys really care about your community we cant have over powered warframes ruining the game and making people buy more platinum. Much better to farm crap at a steady pace and not buy to win. Hope the guy who implemented the limbo "fix" originally got his pink slip today.

Lol, Prime Salt indeed. 

He's not useless just because he can't one-shot everything, you're the epitome of what's wrong with this babysat, hand-hold-expecting vocal majority that expects the game to not have some sort of challenge. 

4 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Oh no. Limbo Nuke is gone.

Tbh I never used this at all and made extremely good use of his 1,2 and 4 since his rework. He is now an exceptional Warframe especially in Sorties. He trivializes Sorties solo without Nuking everything. 

Defense: Banish the guy and Stasis enemies within his 4 and Melee everything

Rescue: Banish the dude and rush to extract.

Mobile Defense and Interception: Lock down the defense points and win.

All this while not dying at no cost. 

People saying they are never using him clearly weren't using him as intended.

Hmm try this in a corpus mission and see how long that banish or void bubble works for. In fact try it in a high level grineer mission and again see how long it takes before someone rips down your void bubble. Or you could just sit and wait for the Toxin spitters to fire toxin puddles into your void bubble and watch you take out of void toxin damage ( something which for some reason DE will not admit to is broken)

1 minute ago, Meentlegen said:

That's such terrible logic, "If you don't like this one small thing from this one character that you have no control over whether or not people play, then PLAY SOLO"

Or build your own group. Really, I'm not picky. But whining at DE to ruin characters because you find playing with them annoying is asinine.

1 minute ago, Meentlegen said:

Lol, Prime Salt indeed. 

He's not useless just because he can't one-shot everything, you're the epitome of what's wrong with this babysat, hand-hold-expecting vocal majority that expects the game to not have some sort of challenge. 

Not prime salt just annoyed that after 2 years DE cannot get anything in warframe right. Seriously they gave us octavia. the most useless noisy frame to grace warframe. Why because they ran out of ideas. As for limbo i too use the stasis in missions but you need at some point to blow them all up. not happening now. suck it up and see i guess. My original bug report was right.

Edited by MogTheMagnificent