The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fully Polarizing a Warframe to start off with more Energy

Cyborg-Rox

Ahh nice bit of information, never heared about it. But i dont think its very practical. just some starting extra energy isnt worth locking the frame to single build, not to mention the endless grind to lvl them up over and over.

8 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

I'm stingy with my restores. I don't like using them unless I absolutely have to, so using one at the start of every single mission is really going against that.

Meanwhile I burn through them like I do credits while trading. Nova Prime everytime. I have a 6 Forma nova and i still use restores a lot im raids especially.

1 hour ago, TotallyLagging said:

Problem is now you can't change builds around

But then again you just forma'd a frame like 9 times, you probably have enough resource to build another frame for different builds

I have vanilla and Prime of most frames, and duplicates for experimentation. xD

I personally do not like putting forma just to get initial energy bost (unless I have plenty unused forma, as for energy reduction sortie I sometimes just exchange mod, or use pizza)

I think in the past there was a discussion about why we dont have max energy everytime we start a mission, feels like lack of preperation, we stock up ammo, managing mods, choose weapon, heck even do fashion frame, but not recharge our energy (maybe the energy is used to do that dressing up)

14 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Yeah, it's a neat little thing. Only problem is that it locks you 100% into a very specific build. 

14 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

huh....you learn something new everyday hahaha

that being said, its kind of a waste...more because its only at the start of a mission and not many people would want to have unused mod slots.

14 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Didn't know this was a thing. Interesting... Seems like a lot of work for very little pay off to me though, seeing as energy isn't much of an issue once you sort your builds out and utilise any of the other ways of gaining energy fast. Generally by the time you have the resources to forma a frame that much, you also have hit the point where you have the right mods and abilities to utilise the above methods. You also run the risk of restricting your build for no real reason.

Its a cool little factoid though, just seems like more of a hindrance to actually build with this in mind, rather then taking it as a neat little bonus if you have a few extra points there by accident.

14 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Not worth it in my opinion.

Most of the time it locks your frame on one particular build, and if you ever find something that works better OR if they release a mod you'd like to swap with one of your current mod, you're screwed and have to put more forma(s)

Just using an energy pad at the begining of the mission would be better

9 hours ago, Andaius said:

Your stuck into very specific builds if you forma all the slots.

8 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Yes. Though I don't know why that would be relevant. It's not like we're wrong, because it would, in fact, heavily restrict the mods available to put on your Warframe. 

And most of the posts after it are saying practically the same thing and/or pointing out that energy Restores exist and this kind of thing isn't necessary.

7 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

In the long run it's probably more efficient, but there are other ways of gaining energy (pizzas, Energy Siphon, and the abundance of crates in the first room of every mission). I prefer to Forma only as much as I need to. It saves Forma and level-grinding, and it also keeps my Warframes more flexible for different mod arrangements.

7 hours ago, Ethermie said:

Ahh nice bit of information, never heared about it. But i dont think its very practical. just some starting extra energy isnt worth locking the frame to single build, not to mention the endless grind to lvl them up over and over.

5 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

Problem is now you can't change builds around

But then again you just forma'd a frame like 9 times, you probably have enough resource to build another frame for different builds

Right, I'm just gonna quote all of you who have literally posted the exact same comment that I've already made a response to!

If I have all mod slots polarized to fit my main build, then I'll have so many spare points that I can easily afford putting on 3, maybe even 4 mods with unmatching polarity, and I'll likely only ever need 2 mods with unmatching polarity for whatever other builds I want for Titania. And yes, my main build, for Razorwing, the one I'm making all these polarities for, is the only build I want to start off with good energy, so that's not a concern.

As long as all the most expensive mods and the aura is in the right polarity, it should still be possible to tinker around with your build quite some. Leaving the exilus slot open is also an option, as it only serves to help with minor things.

I have a build for my Valkyr with no polarity on her aura, and i can still manage to get a "full" build for different purposes, giving me 2 or 3 wrong polarities, and the exilus is open as it only serves as a QoL improvement in my eyes.

Going with a build that gives you a lot of extra mod points can be just as effective as using a build with just the right amount of points, it's a matter of how you use it. Getting at least one of the 3 main polarities helps a lot when making other builds, as you can often switch out mods to fit better.

10 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

If I have all mod slots polarized to fit my main build, then I'll have so many spare points that I can easily afford putting on 3, maybe even 4 mods with unmatching polarity, and I'll likely only ever need 2 mods with unmatching polarity for whatever other builds I want for Titania. And yes, my main build, for Razorwing, the one I'm making all these polarities for, is the only build I want to start off with good energy, so that's not a concern.

Fair enough. That's a bit much of an investment for me personally, but if you've got the motivation, go forth and Polarize, Tenno! :)

On 4/24/2017 at 0:14 AM, Avynire said:

I personally do not like putting forma just to get initial energy bost (unless I have plenty unused forma, as for energy reduction sortie I sometimes just exchange mod, or use pizza)

I think in the past there was a discussion about why we dont have max energy everytime we start a mission, feels like lack of preperation, we stock up ammo, managing mods, choose weapon, heck even do fashion frame, but not recharge our energy (maybe the energy is used to do that dressing up)

That's always how I have felt about this. We don't enter missions with half-empty magazines, so why do we enter missions with our batteries only a quarter full?

On 4/25/2017 at 9:29 PM, kyori said:

My Loki Prime starts with 130 energy and I only have 1 extra mod capacity. How do you explain that? Ain't it supposed to be 55 as you said?

Alright, so after testing it a bit, I am right in saying that every mod point adds 5 energy on mission start, but it appears that some Warframes have a higher "base starting energy" so to speak.

Most normal Warframes start with 50

Chroma starts with 75 
Ivara starts with 75
Oberon starts with 75
Equinox starts with 100
Limbo starts with 100
Octavia starts with 100
Mirage starts with 125
Nezha starts with 125

Nekros Prime starts with 75
Ember Prime starts with 75
Valkyr Prime starts with 100