Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon gives weapons Radiation damage?

RealisticName

Question

16 answers to this question

I've mained Oberon for almost a year, and that only started happening since Octavia's Anthem. I'm not xure if it's a bug or an unmentioned change, but I've opted out of looking into it, unless it still happens after the rework. If you do find put anything about it though, I'm interested in knowing too.

No. Oberon shouldn't give your own weapons radiation damage. However, oberon's abilities do deal radiation damage, and both smite and reckoning have a 100% radiation proc chance. Additionally, oberon has an augment, smite infusion, which allows allies to deal additional radiation damage. However, as far as I'm aware, an oberon can't apply this buff to himself (though an allied oberon can apply it to you if he has the augment).

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Oberon's passive is that nearby wildlife fight for him. You can look at all passives on the ability screen. I haven't really seen any frames with passives that aren't mentioned on the ability screen.

My nidus does something weird as well that seems like a passive but isn't listed. For some reason he'll randomly block certain attacks even without the mod for it. 

Just now, redeyedtreefrog said:

No. Oberon shouldn't give your own weapons radiation damage. However, oberon's abilities do deal radiation damage, and both smite and reckoning have a 100% radiation proc chance. Additionally, oberon has an augment, smite infusion, which allows allies to deal additional radiation damage. However, as far as I'm aware, an oberon can't apply this buff to himself (though an allied oberon can apply it to you if he has the augment).

Hmn but I don't have this augment on but my weapons deal radiation damage anyway tho

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

My nidus does something weird as well that seems like a passive but isn't listed. For some reason he'll randomly block certain attacks even without the mod for it. 

Do you use the mod Power Drift in your builds? There are some mods giving knockdown resistance. That's what this blocking animation is.

I've been seeing proc symbols popping up all over the place where they shouldn't be, just the symbols, no actual proc happens.

Was lvling the acrid, modded for gas, and had rad symbols appearing on almost every shot (I did have the syndicate mod, but I'm not talking about the AoE rad proc)

Same with blast symbols on another weapon, can't remember which through.

Edited by rapt0rman

It might be because you played with a Saryn using the Augment for the spores. It's supposed to give Poison damage to allies. Did it to me yesterday. I played with a Rad/Ice build and suddently my gun was dealing Corro/Blast, but there wasn't any buff icon on my screen (had a Saryn in the team).

there's some issues where you get bunk Status Effect icons as a Client that don't match your Damage Types.
they're fake Status Icons, Enemies won't actually be afflicted with the Status, it's a HUD Bug.

no idea of a cause, but it happens.

52 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Nidus' stack stuff has Knockdown/Stagger Resist in there, one of those two.
so as your counter goes up you'll resist some CC Types more often.