Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cycron feedback

FelanGrey

27 minutes ago, XGodOfCarnageX said:

bad weapon even for begginers players.

And yet its MR9 that requires the Spectra (and therefore Dera and Prova) research in order to make it.

DE could easily fix this weapon by either:
A) Having it be a continuous recharge instead of a recharge delay (E.G have it recharge 4 ammo per second and have it start recharging the second you stop firing vs having to wait 5 seconds before it starts to recharge)
B) Cutting the recharge delay down to 2 seconds or so.
C) Massively increase the magazine size

Otherwise this weapon will just stay trash.

It's just too slow and clunky to use otherwise.

18 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

The reload speed is outrageous. At first I was thinking "Oh, it might be like the Arch-guns and the reload speed is the ammo/sec". I guess I was wrong...

This would have been the best thing ever for the pistol. In fact, this should be how it works, DE. Make this happen, please.

PS: Also, Quietshy has reviewed the weapon.

Edited by Salenstormwing
Quietshy....

Yeah, from the description it sounded really cool, but it turned out to be a lackluster gun that deals very little damage but has the longest reload time of all sidearms (afaik).

Infinite ammo isn't really a strength if you're gonna spend 60% of the time actually waiting for the thing to be able to fire. And I'm not really a person who repeatedly switches between primary and secondary unless it is to deal with enemies that have a different resistance setup compared to the rest of the pack.

In short, too many limitations that simply cannot out-weight the single ammo pickup of 20 you're not having to get.

8 minutes ago, ScorpDK said:

but has the longest reload time of all sidearms (afaik).

Try longest reload of all guns, period.

The only other gun with a 5 second reload is the strun wraith, except with the strun wraith you can stop in the middle of the 5 seconds and shoot enemies as it loads 1 shell at a time and is interruptable at any time, so while the strun wraith has an on paper  5 second reload in practice its much shorter when you need it to be.

Hek, it has a recharge delay longer than any of the archwing guns that its a carbon copy of...

2 hours ago, PGDraxos said:

is my math wrong or does it take longer to reload the weapon than it does to empty the clip?

Nope, your math is perfectly correct!
It takes 4 seconds to empty a clip, 5 seconds before it recharges ammo, and about 1 second to fully recharge its clip.

So out of every 10 seconds 40% is actually firing, and 60% is waiting for its ammo to fill up!
But hey, at least you don't need to worry about ever finding a pistol ammo pick-up, right?

EDIT:
Of course the numbers above are without mods.
If you put in a fire rate mod (such as lethal torrent) you get 2.5 seconds of firing followed by 6 seconds of reload!
And if you put in both reload mods you get a 3.7 second reload (2.7 recharge delay, still 1 second reload).

DE really needs to fix this weapon...its just bad.
Few choices here:
A) Have it recharge continually the second you stop firing at 4 rounds per second, no delay.
B) Drastically increase the magazine size (and I mean drastically drastically)
C) Reduce the recharge delay to 2 seconds or less.

Edited by Tsukinoki

7 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Also Kohmak,

A handheld plasma-spitting pistol, specializing at clearing tight corridors and narrow ventilation shafts.Sanctuary

I assume Twin Kohmak would also be counted as Plasma.

I was kind of limiting it to corpus weapons, but then again the the supra is a laser weapon.

Then again the kohmak says spitting and the atomos creates a beam of plasma. This says throwing, which I would say is pretty close to spitting in this case.

If this makes a beam of plasma,shouldn't it act like the atomos? Too many things are inconsistent about it.

I have another proposition.

Instead of complaining about the long reload time of the weapon, which is limiting the effectiveness of its "exclusive" use, why not look into the fact that Warframe's slow and clunky weapon switching makes every player want to avoid switching weapons at all costs?

After all, the Cycron "reloads" itself even when holstered. It's obvious that the weapon was designed for "Switch to Cycron, empty it, switch back to primary, rinse and repeat after it had time to reload itself", but nobody wants to, because switching takes almost as long as waiting for the damn thing to reload anyway.

I made a thread here about Holster Speed and weapon switch here:

4 hours ago, Deadoon said:

I was kind of limiting it to corpus weapons, but then again the the supra is a laser weapon.

Then again the kohmak says spitting and the atomos creates a beam of plasma. This says throwing, which I would say is pretty close to spitting in this case.

If this makes a beam of plasma,shouldn't it act like the atomos? Too many things are inconsistent about it.

I concur, and chalk it up to 'Space Magic' at this point

Could be jsut me and my wierd love for reload animations, but im one of those people who sees that, half of the fun on a new weapon, is its unique relaod animation, but since Cycron doesnt have that, i was expecting atleast some cool heat-sink venting, kinda like some games that are using energy based weapon that regulates heat. That be a cool little distraction for waiting for it to auto-reload.

I havent tried the weapon out as its still in research, but clearly, from waht i seen, the weapon seems, pretty meh, though i will give it a try non the less when the research is done. reminds me of the massive hate Glaxion got when it was first released.

15 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Because there are no other Secondary accessible before MR9 ?

Buff it or give it the corresponding MR. OP was pointing out on how it should not stay at MR9 and clan research with the stats it currently has. No MR9 is ever going to use this other than for fodder.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Buff it or give it the corresponding MR. OP was pointing out on how it should not stay at MR9 and clan research with the stats it currently has. No MR9 is ever going to use this other than for fodder.

what about a mr23 player bringing it to high level missions and enjoying it?  

Edited by -NvO-Venom

Just now, -NvO-Venom said:

what about a mr23 player bringing it to high level missions and enjoying it?  

This discussion is not about whether we find the weapon looking cool but rather it's viability compared to it's requirements. I can go into high levels with chroma and "enjoy" things like the single viper. Because OP damage buff. Doesn't mean the weapon is good. And MR9 for 4 seconds of shooting, 5 seconds reloading only for like 300 burst dps?

Also how one can "enjoy" 5 seconds of reloading is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

This discussion is not about whether we find the weapon looking cool but rather it's viability compared to it's requirements. I can go into high levels with chroma and "enjoy" things like the single viper. Because OP damage buff. Doesn't mean the weapon is good. And MR9 for 4 seconds of shooting, 5 seconds reloading only for like 300 burst dps?

Also how one can "enjoy" 5 seconds of reloading is beyond me.

maybe reload mods are a thing, which most mr9 players should have at that point; and elemental mods make this thing do a lot of work, which most mr9 players have in my experience.  it's pretty fair imo - mr9 is kind of around a rough critical point for player time to mod collection ratios, enough to where any less of an mr could result in not enough mods to actually use this weapon (hence being deemed "mastery fodder" prematurely).

With the late release of Cycron I'm kinda finding a very sad pattern from my personal point of view. Allof Corpus weapons with few exceltions are just.... bad or disappointing.

The Good ones: 

•  Ferrox (What Opticor should have been)
  •  Supra (It simply feels good)
  •  Amprex (A lot of sparks)
  • Staticor (Charge your Hadooken)

Everything else ranges from "meh" to "Eww".

Cycron.

Oh boy. The first iteration syndrome. 

Either the stats are too bad for the mastery requirement (9!!!!) or the mastery requirement is waaaaaay to high.  MR9 is way to high for a gimick weapon. 

20 mag. 5rp/s firerate. This means that the clip is gone in 4 seconds. And then you need to wait over 5 seconds for the gun to  charge. So the gun has uptime of only 40-45% 

Don't get me wrong. It works. But it is clunky as hell.

Verdict: Neat gimicks. Rank to 30 for mastery and never use it again. 

DE, can we get good corpus weapons? pls

Spoiler

P.S: still waiting for the Tenno pump shotgun.

Edited by ThorNecrovitar

41 minutes ago, -NvO-Venom said:

maybe reload mods are a thing, which most mr9 players should have at that point; and elemental mods make this thing do a lot of work, which most mr9 players have in my experience.  it's pretty fair imo - mr9 is kind of around a rough critical point for player time to mod collection ratios, enough to where any less of an mr could result in not enough mods to actually use this weapon (hence being deemed "mastery fodder" prematurely).

I heard warm coat is also a thing. Pretty sure most MR23s should have it at this point and are frequently using in order to not get a cold. 

But seriously. The reload mods you slot in there result in even less damage. And since status/second works poorly, atomos is pretty much an overall upgrade of cycron. And atomos needs only MR4. Sonicor, top tier gun with 0.5 riven disposition has MR2. Lex Prime, pocket sniper MR0. Zhuge, very good armor shredding and damage dealing crossbow, MR0. So no matter how you want to twist it, you enjoying the gun doesn't change the fact that it's too weak for MR9.

Thinking about it. Just reducing the reload time and fixing the actual mechanic of how beam weapons work with status could go a long way. I'd really like using an utility infinite ammo gun which can at least proc armor away at the costs of some damage but as it is now, it's just a straight underdog compared to 80% of secondaries (which also have lower MR requirements).

Edited by IceColdHawk

Reload mods are definitely a thing.  Normal delay time before the gun starts recharging is 5 seconds, if you add Quickdraw it's 3.4 seconds.

As far as power, look beyond the DPS. It *always* sets enemies on fire as far as I can tell. That's some free crowd control. Also its status chance is absurdly high, once you put lethal torrent and 2 status/elemental mods on the gun it reaches 100% status chance which means it will always apply a status the instant the beam touches an enemy.... That's in addition to the fire. Viral, radiation, blast, electric, there's good options here. Consider how well this combos with a melee weapon with Condition Overload: adding 2 status types to a target first means your melee gets +120% damage

tl;dr Its "endurance" as your primary means of damage is low because of the delay-recharge mechanic, but it's got very high utility and combo potential.

Edited by Momaw