The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Challenge Discussion and Feedback

MrM1

Just now, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Let me just laugh loudly in your face. What makes you think OHKOs and tens of millions of EHP demand any kind of skill from a player to beat? All it does it narrow down options of engagement, and then not even consistently. Armor removal is king? Why don't all frame abilities that can do this affect the enemy?

What it does is highlight how poorly frames that even share similar areas of expertise are balanced. If a mission can be easily beaten ten times easier with one out of 30+ frames, that doesn't make it challenging. It makes it badly designed.

And let me tell you no one forces you to do the alert, the waves till the jugg are no challenege while the jugg is like a harder mini boss fight staying on your toes, no one is forced to use specific gear or frames even, just patiennce and lure it of the pod, i done it with Inaros, Rhino, Excalibur and Nova, we died a bit at the jugg but managed to kill it.

And of course soem frames or weapons might be more efficient but not impossible, just taking time at worse, energy plates and specters also work, they keep there weapons you know. Had a Clem, Corrupted Grineer and a Warfraem Specter out and tehy survied the Jugg even quiet awhile while dealing damage.

Its not about pure damage or right gear but maybe more distractign the enemy and give it more targets to attack and not crowd onto it and die all at once.

Not like it, don't do it! So maybe you sohuld move to another game if this is to hard for you or only see certain combinations needed, that is your problem becasue you only see the meta against certain things. Good day and learn how the game works.

1 minute ago, aligatorno said:

And is it really that painful to do the mission again with the appropriate build? 

Yes, yes it is. Because now it's no longer me just playing with a random Warframe and panicking a bit here and there, it will be me bringing the exact tool for the job and trivializing the whole thing just to get a Catalyst of which I already have 30+ anyway.

Its the difference between me been given a lock to pick and me struggling a couple of times, and me being given that lock and having the right key already.

This situations are immersion breaking and are what burns you out in games.

If you have to have to say in your head "what? oh come on you have to be kidding me" when playing a game, something is wrong.

We did get to the end on the first run, then apparently the Jugg managed to both get onto an outside pipe ledge, THEN under the Pod, then apparently killed it by random crossfire trying to shoot us, hence the "whaaaaaat?"

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)FISTO ROBOT0 said:

My issue is I find the Juggernaut an incredibly broken enemy to fight. Unless you have a juggernaut in mind, you get completely screwed. Wish I knew I was wasting my time with the rest of the mission. You can make salt jokes but I'm here to make a valid criticism.

Did anyone thou notice he not used his spike attacks? So he is damn easy that way, they not just put a scaled up Jugg in there but a balanced one.

SO far alot finished the alert without complaining and if this threads keep popping up it won't help it eather.

37 minutes ago, Ryme said:

The fact that you still think that you can only mash E, is the problem. Lots of people have already posted different warframes and power combinations to get it done. And all you can think of is mash E.

If you find another thing that works, then it's "Mash [insert random key]".

Everything in Warframe is cheesed by the endless spamming of one thing. This thing can be Melee, one CC, whatever. Find one thing that works, and spam it, done. There isn't anything that requires "thinking". Don't try to tell us you're some kind of genius for figuring that one Warframe may have an advantage in this situation.

Plus, half of the solutions found only rely on the fact that the Weapon Limitation is, once again, broken. Unusable weapons should not be taken into account for Exalted Weapons. It was buggy when it was introduced, then fixed promptly by DE, then re-bugged. So yeah, the solutions of bringing Mesa or Ivara are just bug-using, in that case.

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

Did anyone thou notice he not used his spike attacks? So he is damn easy that way, they not just put a scaled up Jugg in there but a balanced one.

SO far alot finished the alert without complaining and if this threads keep popping up it won't help it eather.

Okay, go stab it to death with a Nikana while using Mesa and constantly trying to revive your wife that keeps dying because she picked ember... Neither of us were prepared..

1 minute ago, (PS4)zero1872001 said:

Octavia hardly did anything.

Yeah... Octavias mallet will deal litteral millions of damages to the enemies around the juggernaut but mallet does not even target the juggernaut

Mag on the other hand.... polarize strip all his armor, magnetize. You win.

To those who said "why didn't they tell us there would be a juggernaut"... like, no offense but, are you serious? DE doesn't warn you in advance about enemies like Bursa's, Manic's and Juggernauts, you should simply expect and be prepared for them to show up in high level missions of that faction type. They are mini boss type enemies that are designed to show up in the later stages of missions, to provide more of a challenge. 

It was a special infested alert with level 100+ enemies, and you DID NOT prepare for a juggernaut? Why? Why would you NOT expect a juggernaut? OF COURSE, there was going to be a juggernaut, that should have been assumed by anyone going into the mission. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Just now, (Xbox One)FISTO ROBOT0 said:

Okay, go stab it to death with a Nikana while using Mesa and constantly trying to revive your wife that keeps dying because she picked ember... Neither of us were prepared..

Isn't that the point of a challange? not Beeign fully prepared, beeign suprised and "challanged" by soemthing you not expected, unlike Stalker as a push of by now.

Isn't the challagne beeing able to get torugh it without the perfect gear or frame? Everythign is easy with the right loadout and damage types, but beating a high level enemy with lets say a weak weapon and or even damage types thet they are resistent to, isn't taht satisfying beeing able to win this?

People keep scream for challange then this caughts then on suprise and they have to open 300 threads about how #*($%%@ up it is and how lame and incompetent DE is?

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

Isn't that the point of a challange? not Beeign fully prepared, beeign suprised and "challanged" by soemthing you not expected, unlike Stalker as a push of by now.

Isn't the challagne beeing able to get torugh it without the perfect gear or frame? Everythign is easy with the right loadout and damage types, but beating a high level enemy with lets say a weak weapon and or even damage types thet they are resistent to, isn't taht satisfying beeing able to win this?

People keep scream for challange then this caughts then on suprise and they have to open 300 threads about how #*($%%@ up it is and how lame and incompetent DE is?

When I stab it and use all of my powers and it takes literally no damage, that is not a challenge, Thats bull shot 

Edited by (XB1)FISTO ROBOT0

4 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

I am curious in how it remembered you of dark souls. Did you KO a lot of enemies at the same time as they kill you?

Yep, that did happen. I was a noob once too. Double KOs happened... The panic I felt babysitting my friends as they were getting killed also happened in Dark Souls too.

3 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

People want a clearly defined challange, not surprises. :s

I can't say I'm find of surprises either but at the same time, I'm one of those people that has a small bag stocked up with a bunch of just in case crap.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

You're welcome for the alert. With your feedback, we'll do better next time and make it even harder! Seems like it wasn't hard enough... But we'll fix that in the next one, bud. Promise ;)

Don't worry, we aren't all trolls on the DC.. This was no doubt a good idea but perhaps just poor execution. I can see why people are upset 👍🏻 

18 minutes ago, FATEdPondera said:

Oh, and by the way, design council? Finished this challenge in just under half an hour. I'm ready for the next thing ;)

Glad you enjoyed it. We like the High Level stuff, just a heads up XD

It's refreshing to see people enjoy challenges. 

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36