Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong

(PSN)theelix

I really like Wukong. 

Defy. It's a great ability, it's not overpowered (at least I don't think so) and provides natural, logical durability for a melee Warframe. 

Iron Jab is useful for building the combo counter, which lasts very long with the right modding. 

Cloud Walk is fitting somewhat. As a way to back out of confrontation and synergize with Defy. 

Primal Fury is meh, but it fits very well. 

I wonder why I don't see more people play him. He seems like an amazing solo frame, and his durability scales well enough. 

Spoiler

It would be nice if Excalibur had some form of Defy. I'd gladly trade those bullS#&$ Exalted Blade waves for something that makes Excal a real melee Warframe. 

I think the 2 Chinese frames suffer from lack of synergy in their kits. As to say that most frames are based on a theme but made to work in gameplay while Nezha nad Wukong seem to just be made to reference their source material and not really be that great to play.

That aside, Wukong is viable and all, I think he's mostly unplayed cause a lot of more casual players don't have the nitain to make or even research them as he was introduced with nitain and is argueably one of the frames that feeds on it most.

he's an excellent tank, though most people won't use him outside of Defy-cheesing everything. Cloudwalker? Loki and Ivara both beat him for stealth. Primal Fury? Excalibur's been doing that for ages now. Iron Jab? who even uses Iron Jab?

he needs a new kit, sadly he's near the back of the reworking Queue..

1p5wr4.jpg

Ok, maybe not a paddling, but people should really think before saying he's only good for surviving. His staff can kill armored units with ease well into Sortie 3 level. He's simply the best if you just want to enjoy the melee aspect of the game. Thank you for this thread.

Edited by Gorila_Azul

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

he's an excellent tank, though most people won't use him outside of Defy-cheesing everything. Cloudwalker? Loki and Ivara both beat him for stealth. Primal Fury? Excalibur's been doing that for ages now. Iron Jab? who even uses Iron Jab?

he needs a new kit, sadly he's near the back of the reworking Queue..

you know this kind of comparison makes no sense, this whole comparing abilities one by one instead of comparing the frame as a whole. firstly, excal would ofc beat him in his exalted weapon. wukong is one of best tanks while excal is a paperframe. it wouldnt be really balance if wukong was both tankier and dealt comparable damage.

and why would anybody use cloudwalker for stealth?

to the op=when youre playing this game, always assume people are lacking any kind of knowledge of this game. then, it answers a lot of questions. its also really how it is. people dont really know how to play this game in general, cus game doesnt require you to know anything to get anything done. wukong is a god tier tank frame(hes basically unkillable with defy+rage on), but since he isnt in "meta" for god knows what reason you wont see him getting played.

Edited by Zeclem

Just now, Noble_One said:

? its his stealth move as he floats above the enemy on a cloud..... stealthed.

In terms of abilities "stealth" implies invisibility. And the fart gas is perfectly visible to everything and everyone, from lasers, sensor bars and cameras to enemy's eyes.

Just being able staying out of sight by floating up high is a different thing entirely. It is more comparable to ripline, tailwind, or plain ol' gitgud parkour, rather than to more "conventional" stealth.

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

to the op=when youre playing this game, always assume people are lacking any kind of knowledge of this game.

Clearly since you call excal a paper frame. You can do stealth utilizing Radiant Finish, Arcane Trickery, or using rage + blind and life strike. Excal is a good starter damage frame with end game possibilities. Wukong is a tank. Cloudwalker can be used for stealth, and I use it sometimes to avoid nullifiers in open maps or narrow hallways with high ceilings.

7 minutes ago, WindigoTP said:

In terms of abilities "stealth" implies invisibility. And the fart gas is perfectly visible to everything and everyone, from lasers, sensor bars and cameras to enemy's eyes.

Just being able staying out of sight by floating up high is a different thing entirely. It is more comparable to ripline, tailwind, or plain ol' gitgud parkour, rather than to more "conventional" stealth.

incorrect for this move as its plainly states REMOVES WUKONG FROM ENEMY VISION. its stealth plain and simple. i dont get how you cant see that. also ripline, tailwind and parkour you are still SEEN by the enemy and can be shot at. do you not read abilities?

22 minutes ago, Noble_One said:

incorrect for this move as its plainly states REMOVES WUKONG FROM ENEMY VISION. its stealth plain and simple. i dont get how you cant see that. also ripline, tailwind and parkour you are still SEEN by the enemy and can be shot at. do you not read abilities?

I can't see that because I play Wukong and I know how the ability actually works.

It removes him from vision in terms of making him untargetable, not making him invisible.

Go fly in a room in the gas form. Enemies WILL SEE you, they will get alertet to your presence, they will raise the alarm, they'll going to flock around you, unable to attack you, but knowing you're there, waiting for you to emerge.

Or rather I should say, enemies don't see Wukong indeed. But they DO see the CLOUD.

Edited by WindigoTP

The reason more people don't play as much as he has nothing special to offer. There are other frames and mods which have abilities which can easily make him  obsolete.

1. Iron Jab : Stun, Damage 10m and 2m radius. My Orthos Prime with a Maxed out primed reach has the same range and effect for a slam attack. Rhino Stomp has a far more useful ability for crowd control.

2. Defy : The only useful ability. But there are other builds which can do the same. Example Nyx with assimilate is far more useful. Or a Valkyr. 

3. Cloud walker : Its like Hydroid becoming a puddle

4. Primal Fury : I can easily build a melee weapon which can output more damage than this. I would never use it as it drains energy and I want to use the energy for Defy to be active.   

Edited by Kusungphak

1 hour ago, Fliktor06 said:

My problem with wukong is that Valkyr can do a much better job in everything.

They are both melee tanks.

I play Valkyr a lot (4 forma prime) and that is false. Defy is much better than Hysteria. The only real thing is what you invest in. At max power strength and eternal war + arcanes, Valkyr can be very tanky while providing a team armor and melee speed buff. Wukong does not offer this however he is immortal. I never use hysteria as it is not really needed due to Healing Return on a status weapon.

Valkyr is a very strong warframe, but not more tanky than wukong.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

2 hours ago, Fliktor06 said:

My problem with wukong is that Valkyr can do a much better job in everything.

Not really. 

First abilities are somewhat useless for both. 

Wukong's immortality is tied to a skill that doesn't lock u into short range claws unlike Valkyr's immortality. U actually get to play with ur weapons into which at least I've dumped several formas on. 

Paralysis is a niche ability that's not really used unless u specifically build for it or sacrifice some of Hysteria's dmg.

Warcry is a nice buff (+ augment) but to be perfectly honest with berserker + primed Fury combo u can get to similiar speeds urself. 

For ults it's true that Valkyr's claws with the right build and spin2win does insane damage but with a right melee build + primal rage augment u'll easily wreck everything even in Sortie 3 elemental enhancement grineer survival. And with the staff u have more range and the right mouse combo gives u awesome CC which benefits everyone. 

I personally can see that it's easier to work on Valkyr, just dump effi and power and u're good to go. Wukong can keep up with Valkyr up to the point where it doesn't really matter anymore (~ lvl 150), and to say Valkyr is better in EVERYTHING than Wukong is just plain wrong. 

Edited by NPC

10 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

I wonder why I don't see more people play him. He seems like an amazing solo frame

Well, maybe there's a clue as to why you don't see many Wukongs in Squads :P

That's my big problem with MonkeyFrame (also most Valkyr builds), for most missions,
he just doesn't have anything (besides damage & immortality, how exciting) that makes him stand out in a Squad.

I for one greatly prefer having e.g. some kind of defensive / mass CC abilities to keep my Squad mates (and me) safe,
rather than relying on "selfish" stuff like Defy (being able to revive while under heavy fire < nobody going down in the first place).

10 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Clearly since you call excal a paper frame. You can do stealth utilizing Radiant Finish, Arcane Trickery, or using rage + blind and life strike. Excal is a good starter damage frame with end game possibilities. Wukong is a tank. Cloudwalker can be used for stealth, and I use it sometimes to avoid nullifiers in open maps or narrow hallways with high ceilings.

ive never said excal is a bad frame by any means. its a top tier damage frame. but if you seriously deny excal being paper when actual tankiness is concerned, yeah you might wanna check the ehp ratings. excal IS a paperframe.

and you dont use cloudwalker for stealth. you use it for mobility and finishers. just because theyre called "stealth finishers" doesnt actually mean its stealth.

36 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Valkyr has been my favorite frame for 2 years now and Wukong is becoming my favorite more than her. I really do like all of his abilities except his 3rd ability which is Cloudwalker. It's useful but way to slow to move around.

You should try using Dispatch Overdrive on your melee, it gives you +60% movement speed after a kill while channeling, it makes cloudwalker so much faster