The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I wish DE would try harder on their skins like other people do

Savvii

Sorry, what? 

Most of the Deluxe skins are awesome and look fantastic, and I have a number of them. Also plan on buying a number more for Warframes I like. Most of the skins also take a number of months to complete. If that's not work, I don't know what is.

And what skins, exactly, are you giving feedback on? All of them? A specific one? Lack of more of them? You really only sound like you're whining about something nobody else seems to be thinking because I am entirely lost on what your actual point is. 

I'd also like to ask: What "other people" are you referring to? It's awfully non-specific.

9 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

How to get better cosmetics:

Step 1: Insult the design team on the forums.

Step 2: Grofit.

*fixed.

I kind of agree with OP, round 8 hit consoles tonight and once again, Tennogen creators have knocked it out of the park; already bought the Magesty Ember Skin, and got my sights on the Sword Skin and the Repala(?) Syandana. that said, we have to remember DE have a lot less time to actually focus on cosmetic designs, so it's not entirely a fair comparison.

the Deluxe skins aren't bad though, Nova's is the only one I don't like. besides, fashionframe is as subjective as it is the true endgame: very much so!

edit: oh, and glad we can colour Syandanas separately now, thanks DE!

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

Tennogen round 8 item look amazing ivara youkai is instant grab one of my faforite frame got awesome skin to go with. Sadly it only can be purchased by cash on pc. Can only buy a couple item and here go my money, well at least I can support the designers, hope they create awesome stuff in the future.

And DE actually create decent syandana, weapon, and new frame design which should be their top priority.

1 hour ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Sorry, what? 

Most of the Deluxe skins are awesome and look fantastic, and I have a number of them. Also plan on buying a number more for Warframes I like. Most of the skins also take a number of months to complete. If that's not work, I don't know what is.

And what skins, exactly, are you giving feedback on? All of them? A specific one? Lack of more of them? You really only sound like you're whining about something nobody else seems to be thinking because I am entirely lost on what your actual point is. 

I'd also like to ask: What "other people" are you referring to? It's awfully non-specific.

I think its pretty obvious that he is talking about Tennogen skins in general compared to DE's designs.

In terms of cosmetics like Helmets and Syandanas, I completely agree, Tennogen has DE beat, Tennogen creators just give more desirable Syandanas & helmets, While DE just tries too hard to be weird and it just ends up looking bad in my opinion, You can see this when you compare something like Volt and Atlas base helm and alt helmets vs Tennogen stuff.

Deluxe skins is a 50/50 for me, In one hand some Deluxe skins bring a great model to the mix for an example Rhino & Trinity deluxe skins, But on the other, You have skins that don't have that big of a model change, yet are so great looking like the Graxx skins & the recent Ivara ones, its really tough to judge between them at least for me.

If DE just tries to dish out what is desirable instead of trying to be weird and quirky, then it would be much closer, but right now, I would rather have a Graxx Valkyr skin than a Gersemi one.

a thing to note though is that the design team isn't just fully sitting down and putting all their efforts into 1 skin, they have other stuff to work on with a set deadline that has to be met, while the Tennogen creators can fully commit to one design for as long as they can with no repercussions.

14 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I find a majority of tennogen, while great looking, not truly fitting the aesthetics of WF. I think some people just think its cool to crap on the devs

Some people are just looking for a reason to criticize them about every little thing they do -- probably mostly teenagers who think they are "edgy". 

Just now, OGodKing said:

all the white knights came through 

And there's always one of you in every thread like this, here to pointlessly bash DE for literally no reason whatsoever, and call anyone who finds that unreasonable a "white knight". LMAO, people just can't stop using that pathetic, tired old insult. It was never clever, even for the use it was actually meant for. So edgy. 

I criticize them when they deserve it, I praise them when they deserve it, I defend them when the charges are absurd. That's the reasonable thing to do. 

15 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

And there's always one of you in every thread like this, here to pointlessly bash DE for literally no reason whatsoever, and call anyone who finds that unreasonable a "white knight". LMAO, people just can't stop using that pathetic, tired old insult. It was never clever, even for the use it was actually meant for. So edgy. 

I criticize them when they deserve it, I praise them when they deserve it, I defend them when the charges are absurd. That's the reasonable thing to do. 

So you're aggressively opposing op, who made a post that about his opinion that the aesthetics of Dev team made skins are less appealing than ones made by individual players, and players like minded to op are edgy and share an unjustified opinion? 

Just now, OGodKing said:

So you're aggressively opposing op, who made a post that about his opinion that the aesthetics of Dev team made skins are less appealing than ones made by individual players, and players like minded to op are edgy and share an unjustified opinion? 

The OP has no substance whatsoever. It's basically bait. If he wants to post real feedback he can do so. What he posted isn't feedback. It's a sentence of whinging with no details. 

I'm "aggressively" lol opposing borderline bait posts that don't even bother to try to explain their case, yes. If the OP cannot be bothered to even articulate a point, it's just a rant. 

You do realize you are talking about a company that employs a team of designers that is under an already very tight schedule to release cosmetics to the public VS enthusiasts who make cosmetics on their own free time and can easily exercise creative freedom, right?

Not 'white-knighting' here, but more like I know what the real world is. Maybe if you work in a corporate setting (or even work at all beyond fast food) maybe you'd understand a thing or two how things work.

DE's art team have their own art direction that does get kind of strange sometimes, and skins generally aren't their priority.

Tennogen creators can focus on creating skins and on their own free time. And they generally know what people wants and directly takes feedback from players.

We haven't seen any new skin concepts since Mynki left ( I think he was the art director? ) so we'll see.