The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Full druid was incidental, yes, but his base frame is basically a tree with antlers. Even the statue that he's associated with is him standing near a tree.

He's always been a paladin with a druidic design, no matter how hard they've tried to shoehorn in him whatever direction. Taking full knightly now, for his prime, is strange and inconsistent with his previous designs.

Rhinos statue is made or rock and he doesn´t have rock powers. 

Though I do agree is a bit strange they remove the nature details from the original instead of build upon, his appearance has always been a knight through and through, his stocky torse that reminisce of breastplate, a tabard, broad shoulder that looked like armor and a horned helmet, only his horns and feet relate him to a satyr like appearance and nature but not to a druidic one. The prime kept the tabard, the breastplate the helmet and lost the shoulders, just as the original. I´m not trying to convince you to like it, but I´dont think the theme stray far from what it was, so there is no inconsistency.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)VentusLoire said:

This is my first post, I am not 100% certain as to what I am doing,

Apologies for sounding rude then, I just see a lot of people do it.  Unfortunately we have no tutorial on proper forum etiquette for new users, so its trial and error.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)VentusLoire said:

To solve something before it becomes an issue?

If only that were possible.  9/10 times even when we see things on devstreams being previewed and people post feedback on how we do not likke it, it goes through anyway and most of the time remains that way for a very long time.

Most of the time it is great to see feedback on such issues, but in regards to things like leaked content, it just doesn't work.  DE won't even officially acknowledge the content until they release it.

Chances are this thread will get deleted soon anyway, as have the dozen or more others posted before it.

Just now, Pavelord said:

Rhinos statue is made or rock and he doesn´t have rock powers. 

It's not about what it's made of, it's about theme. Oberon's statue, his looks, his powers, his passive, his everything is pointing toward a nature themed frame that is billed as a paladin.

You can keep saying that it's close in design but it isn't. It looks like Oberon but it doesn't capture the same feeling. Again, I'm going to give it a fair shot when I can see it in motion, but as of right now it's ugly as sin to me and they've not done a single thing with it that screams, "Oberon Prime," except stick gaudy gold bits all over it.

6 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

It's not about what it's made of, it's about theme. Oberon's statue, his looks, his powers, his passive, his everything is pointing toward a nature themed frame that is billed as a paladin.

You can keep saying that it's close in design but it isn't. It looks like Oberon but it doesn't capture the same feeling. Again, I'm going to give it a fair shot when I can see it in motion, but as of right now it's ugly as sin to me and they've not done a single thing with it that screams, "Oberon Prime," except stick gaudy gold bits all over it.

I hope once a video is out you see him in a different light even a little, fare well tenno.

On May 18, 2017 at 9:37 PM, (PS4)VentusLoire said:

291?cb=20150223022507I have been playing Warframe on PS4 since it's release, and I am thoroughly pleased with the community and the development team as far as content release and such. I must say I have never truly been dissatisfied until now. Oberon is my personal favorite Warframe, both visually and ability based,  and I am ecstatic with his rework. However, leaked images of Oberon Prime have surfaced giving him the resemblance of a bull, which is a major disappointment considering his domain is the forest. His original model was that of a stag with antlers, which makes sense. It also seems as if his new model was hastely put together almost within a matter of a day without any thought or effort. His look should be more regal, befitting of a woodland paladin. Prime Access as well is normally a coveted thing, everyone wants it and some like myself are lucky enough to buy it. But with an already unpopular frame like Oberon, there should be a reason for wanting to purchase such a frame visually. It is a bad move to put such a lackluster effort into a frame and expect it to earn money, and more importantly, please the fanbase. I encourage you to look at some YouTube videos about the leak and see the comments.

What I have seen thus far has truly saddened me.

Of all the frames, the biggest opportunity for unique expression as a prime belonged to the Faerie Lord/Paladruid Prince.  He could have been a gilded masterpiece of nature's ancient power, savagery and beauty.

Instead, we get an aesthetic, freight-train copy of REGULAR Vauban with Horns.

REGULAR VAUBAN "THE GRAY" WITH HORNS.

As an artist, I'm so stunned as to be forlorn at the finality of a design that they would deem acceptable to his fans.

Tennogen artists...it's up to you now.  I will do concept art if anyone wants to collaborate.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On 5/18/2017 at 6:37 PM, (PS4)VentusLoire said:

291?cb=20150223022507I have been playing Warframe on PS4 since it's release, and I am thoroughly pleased with the community and the development team as far as content release and such. I must say I have never truly been dissatisfied until now. Oberon is my personal favorite Warframe, both visually and ability based,  and I am ecstatic with his rework. However, leaked images of Oberon Prime have surfaced giving him the resemblance of a bull, which is a major disappointment considering his domain is the forest. His original model was that of a stag with antlers, which makes sense. It also seems as if his new model was hastely put together almost within a matter of a day without any thought or effort. His look should be more regal, befitting of a woodland paladin. Prime Access as well is normally a coveted thing, everyone wants it and some like myself are lucky enough to buy it. But with an already unpopular frame like Oberon, there should be a reason for wanting to purchase such a frame visually. It is a bad move to put such a lackluster effort into a frame and expect it to earn money, and more importantly, please the fanbase. I encourage you to look at some YouTube videos about the leak and see the comments.

I've seen the leaks ... he doesn't look like a Bull
8420_rammm.jpg
He looks like A Jacob Ram ... A goat

43 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

8420_rammm.jpg

I have not a care in the world what animal type or knight-helm fusion his neuroptics represent.

If you stripped down the gold off the "prime model" and put the two styles next to each other in a warframe universe where Oberon was yet to exist, seasoned players by a WIDE margin would tell you that his original was the model deserving the prime treatment and that the other was animalized nuts'N'bolts Vauban.

Will his unique color gradient even carry over I wonder?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I have not a care in the world what animal type or knight-helm fusion his neuroptics represent.

If you stripped down the gold off the "prime model" and put the two styles next to each other in a warframe universe where Oberon was yet to exist, seasoned players by a WIDE margin would tell you that his original was the model deserving the prime treatment and that the other was animalized nuts'N'bolts Vauban.

the same could be said for Frost ... yet I don't hear people saying "I'm disappointed" ... no no ... most people I've talked to Love Frost Prime ... even though other than the differen color Helm and a FEW little gold bits, hes basically the exact same as the Non-Prime ~ Same with Mag Prime

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

1 hour ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

8420_rammm.jpg

I don't think so. The horns are curved upwards and there's buckles in the design. It's definitely more of a bull / Minotaur than a "Jacob ram"...

25 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't think so. The horns are curved upwards and there's buckles in the design. It's definitely more of a bull / Minotaur than a "Jacob ram"...

Look them up ~ their horns don't ONLY come in that configuration ... and besides when was the last time you saw a Bull with 4 horns ?

39 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

Look them up ~ their horns don't ONLY come in that configuration ... and besides when was the last time you saw a Bull with 4 horns ?

He looks like Minotaur, and it's not just about the horns. His design looks closer to this IMO

bull-head-vector.jpg

Horns curved up like this

bull.png

And less like a Jacob goat

Edited by Hypernaut1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I like his default version better.  Honestly, I woulda loved a beefed up version of his base frame model.  Basically like how Ash and Vauban prime look...basically the same, but just alot more beefed and armored up. https://www.google.com/search?q=Oberon+Prime&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjZusq5lf_TAhWi5oMKHc52DKMQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=916#imgrc=Qs7NIw8QfwH-_M:

that fan art is more how I woulda liked him to look haha. 

Edited by KnightCole

33 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

He looks like Minotaur, and it's not just about the horns. His design looks closer to this IMO

bull-head-vector.jpg

Horns curved up like this

bull.png

And less like a Jacob goat

you are COMPLETELY ignoring the the horns on the sides of the head and the downward shape of the face
I'm an artist .. I know how to compare 2 things in design and he is NOT a bull

Edited by Dragonofdarkness13
mistakes

16 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

you are COMPLETELY ignoring the the horns on the sides of the head and the downward shape of the face

A face like the top bull head woulda actually been really cool.  The tall, thin, straight upward horns look....less so.

Ill still farm Ob Prime though, cuz Oberon is cool. 

2 hours ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

1. He has what looks like a bull ring on top of his head$_35.JPG

2. His legs are designed to look stocky and strong- reminiscent of a bull/Minotaur

S-801129.png

3. His horns curve upwards, not backwards, looking more like a stylistic bullstock-vector-raging-bull-with-flame-trai

4. The back of his neck looks strong and bulky, like a bull or Minotaur.86067ae31e12a33b36b02b6b4eab3a15.jpg

4. He has what appears to be designs reminiscent of the tops of Castle towers or fortified walls on his hands and hooves. This brings about imagery of a labyrinth to me... Which is the home of a Minotaur. He has this instead of small cloven hooves on top of his hands

3d_fantasy_castle_stock_parts__21_top_op

He has way too many design elements inspired by a Minotaur. He's a Minotaur-frame now aesthetically.... Not much of a Jacob goat.

Those extra horns he has on the side is a moot point.... That alone doesnt make him a goat.

I'm an "artist" too, I know how to spot when a design has clear influences and borrows elements from a source.

Edited by Hypernaut1

22 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

1. He has what looks like a bull ring on top of his head$_35.JPG

2. His legs are designed to look stocky and strong- reminiscent of a bull/Minotaur

S-801129.png

3. His horns curve upwards, not backwards, looking more like a stylistic bullstock-vector-raging-bull-with-flame-trai

4. The back of his neck looks strong and bulky, like a bull or Minotaur.86067ae31e12a33b36b02b6b4eab3a15.jpg

4. He has what appears to be designs reminiscent of the tops of Castle towers or fortified walls on his hands and hooves. This brings about imagery of a labyrinth to me... Which is the home of a Minotaur. He has this instead of small cloven hooves on top of his hands

3d_fantasy_castle_stock_parts__21_top_op

He has way too many design elements inspired by a Minotaur. He's a Minotaur-frame now aesthetically.... Not much of a Jacob goat.

Those extra horns he has on the side is a moot point.... That alone doesnt make him a goat.

I'm an "artist" too, I know how to spot when a design has clear influences and borrows elements from a source.

I guess we can agree that DE is releasing a model for a Minotaur-based Warframe then?

Just so you're aware, I completely agree with your visual assessment of the model that DE is offering us. It looks very little like Oberon and more like Minotaur-styled armor with castle-themed ornaments.

For everyone else:

The backs of the hands have parapets. The feet are edged with parapets. There are parapet shapes on the upper arms and on the lower back of the legs. The head is tall and narrow with a muscular neck and bull-like horns and a bull-like shape for the face when seen from the front. There are weird rings on the sides of the thighs and upper arms and top of the head. There are also ornate spikes that resemble the caps of castle towers on his elbows and where the tabards "attach. The shoulders are small and sloped.

Go and take a good look at the Oberon we have now. Now go and look online for readily available pics of the Prime version...heck - you can see pics on YouTube thanks to certain members of the community who also have YouTube channels. Now, can you honestly say that the Oberon we have now has ANY of these elements?

That being said, it's a shame the art design department decided to toss out the very familiar White Stag-themed armor we know so well and naturally came to expect from a Primed version of Oberon.

I'll be honest...Prime once I get it will likely have the Immortal Skin applied and the Oryx helm and I'd call it a day. Cause I really do like those...and if the Immortal used on the prime would mean it'd have PBR in effect, that'd just be snazzy. Armour plates likely Eos or Daedalus depending on fit, and legs would see either nothing or Edo if thick enough.

PBR on Oberon and his helms would be nice in general, honestly.

28 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

I guess we can agree that DE is releasing a model for a Minotaur-based Warframe then?

Just so you're aware, I completely agree with your visual assessment of the model that DE is offering us. It looks very little like Oberon and more like Minotaur-styled armor with castle-themed ornaments.

For everyone else:

The backs of the hands have parapets. The feet are edged with parapets. There are parapet shapes on the upper arms and on the lower back of the legs. The head is tall and narrow with a muscular neck and bull-like horns and a bull-like shape for the face when seen from the front. There are weird rings on the sides of the thighs and upper arms and top of the head. There are also ornate spikes that resemble the caps of castle towers on his elbows and where the tabards "attach. The shoulders are small and sloped.

Go and take a good look at the Oberon we have now. Now go and look online for readily available pics of the Prime version...heck - you can see pics on YouTube thanks to certain members of the community who also have YouTube channels. Now, can you honestly say that the Oberon we have now has ANY of these elements?

That being said, it's a shame the art design department decided to toss out the very familiar White Stag-themed armor we know so well and naturally came to expect from a Primed version of Oberon.

yes, ive come to grips with Oberon Prime being a Minotaur. After getting over the initial shock, i dont think its that bad really...just different and unexpected.  i hope it colors well. I guess they were going for the strong stalwart protector theme with the prime. 

A Minotaur Frame isnt all that bad of an idea...just didnt expect they would do it with Oberon. I do hope they at least PBR his non-prime skin though. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

12 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

yes, ive come to grips with Oberon Prime being a Minotaur. After getting over the initial shock, i dont think its that bad really...just different and unexpected.  i hope it colors well. I guess they were going for the strong stalwart protector theme with the prime. 

A Minotaur Frame isnt all that bad of an idea...just didnt expect they would do it with Oberon. I do hope they at least PBR his non-prime skin though. 

HE just needs to lift some weights and bulk up his arms and legs, then he fits the Mino/bull look better.

On 19.5.2017 at 3:43 AM, Chipputer said:

Alluding to datamined content is one thing, Directly posting it is another.

Wasn't that the main reason chroma released with the dragon'isch helmet instead of the sea horse one? 

It was just as common for DE to just show them in the dev streams anyways 🙄 they know exactly why they didn't this time.