The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is First Person Gameplay Option Possible For Warframe?

1 minute ago, (PS4)AmjadZohair said:

I don't think it will be too hard or challenging for DE designers to make it happen.

And i think it will be a nice addition to the game.

Even if it's possible, I wouldn't want to. I mean, do you know how much we bulletjump and roll in one mission alone?!

Unless you wanna puke your guts out every 2 minutes, FP in a game like warframe is a big no no. The freedom of movement that the game allows and even requires is not possible through a FP perspective. 

Edited by aligatorno

23 minutes ago, Beggining said:

Even if it's possible, I wouldn't want to. I mean, do you know how much we bulletjump and roll in one mission alone?!

I believe there used to be a first person shooter game back in 2013 that did have ninja wall running that made people sick, like even the camera spins when you roll xD 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

I believe there used to be a first person shooter game back in 2013 that did have ninja wall running that made people sick, like even the camera spins when you roll xD 

gta san andreas on pc first person with super jump cheat on

enjoy the puking =)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

Man Tribes use to make people motion sick and the camera was locked in an upright position and didn't rotate.

why would you want to see less of the game and have a cramped vision? you don't see skins, you can't see around corners and your weapons take up a big portion of the screen, it's dreadful and why I don't play first person games, for the life of me can't figure out why people even use skins i na first person game.

edit; just imagined doing certain melee combo's with some weapons, it would be like being in a roller coaster as the camera goes all over the place 

Edited by cghawk

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/177989-first-person-view-option-in-warframe/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/626414-first-person-mode/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/625133-first-person-mode-maybe/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/172182-first-person-view-toggle-button/

and a lot more, this is just the first 4 results

TL;DR no probably maybe, too much work to do ( It's not as simple as putting a camera on your head ) and the devs doesn't seem to have any interest in doing it

5 hours ago, (PS4)kamil_demon said:

why does everyone think motion sickness applies to everyone? i would love first person in warframe, i dont have MS

if you do, dont enable it, simple, but don't assume everyone has your problem

Anybody can get motion sickness. Some people are just more prone to it than others. 

The addition of a first person mode is not worth having to redo every animation to make sure nothing interferes with the new view and having to go over every weapon texture to make sure there are no problems with seeing them from that close. Also makes capes and such invisible.

The question has been asked so many times, without much thought of how the one would be hindered, considering the amount of enemy spawns and how big and small the rooms really are, in comparison to many fps games. Though that's not the big problems, as many has already stated above, though a nice concept, it just wouldn't work well with warframe. There is a bug, though rarely ever happens, where you'll go in first person view, and I gotta tell say, it's a really really bad experience; horrendous. You are very likely to encounter enemies you don't even see coming a lot times.