Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about Lunaro players? Lunaro needs more attention

Funki0

So I have been playing a really high amount of Lunaro games and I play it about once per day and I have noticed something not so pleasant.
People aren't playing Lunaro anymore (what a surprise, I know), but please hear me out. I know people hate conclave, but people also hate conclave because of annihilation and Lunaro is not annihilation. We need more Lunaro players so I want to give Lunaro some attention. Attention it needs desperately, because it really is no bad game mode, but there aren't enough people playing it.
I would like people to at least try to play or learn it. We may need to get in a system to get all the Lunaro palyers together, maybe exchange people's experience with Lunaro or get a place where newer players can ask experienced players to teach or just help them, giving them tips.
So with that said I would like to call out to the community to ask for new Lunaro players.

If you haven't tried it, give it a try. If you did and you didn't like it for some reason, that's fine, but you may want to try again, you never know. And if you don't know how to play, don't worry, there are a lot of people that can't play either and you always have the possibility of asking someone experienced. I am one of the people that is free to be asked for advice or lessons even.

I hope I will see you on the field. (I hope not steel meridian)

7 hours ago, Funki0 said:

I know people hate conclave, but people also hate conclave because of annihilation and Lunaro is not annihilation.

Personally I just don't find any joy in some other human being losing. Neither do I like any mechanism that inherently fosters interpersonal conflict. This game has a hard enough time keeping players from ruining other players game time, the last thing we need is yet another lump of fake tribalism.

I don't care if it's swords, guns, balls, cars, I don't want PvP to play any part in this game.

Edited by SilentMobius

The problem is that Lunaro didn't accomplish what it was supposed to, become an eSport. And thus it has had little support since. I've tried it and I really didn't enjoy it any more then regular conclave.. which is to say, not at all. You might see some support for it in the future.. but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

I think I should remind a few people that even tho conclave is PvP based, none of that is NECESSARY to play the game.

Conclave is entirely optional and you don't have to participate in any of those modes, which also means you don't have to play it and be mad about it. I am merely trying to give Lunaro a bit attention, trying to wake up the people that DO want to play Lunaro or may want to try it at least. I am trying to encouraging it.

My problem with it was the way it plays. I find sports are best played in an overhead view. And 3rd person was really confusing for me.

What is maby strange for many who are so used to Gear of war, Uncharted, God of War, Zelda and so on - but I remember playing exploding football in Fps mode a long time ago that worked really well.

I am not sure how to improve ot in Warframe other than pulling the camera back more.

I really wanted to like Lunaro. But I got so owned it just took all the fun away.

13 minutes ago, Artorius-Alter said:

The problem is that Lunaro didn't accomplish what it was supposed to, become an eSport.

I don't think DE is so deluded to think they could make an e-sport out of it. It was just (as always) Steve and Scott liking an idea too much and pushing it 'till the end, even if they knew it wouldn't be succesful *cough* archwing *cough*.

Edited by residente

Just now, arch111 said:

My problem with it was the way it plays. I find sports are best played in an overhead view. And 3rd person was really confusing for me.

What is maby strange for many who are so used to Gear of war, Uncharted, God of War, Zelda and so on - but I remember playing exploding football in Fps mode a long time ago that worked really well.

I am not sure how to improve ot in Warframe other than pulling the camera back more.

I really wanted to like Lunaro. But I got so owned it just took all the fun away.

There will always be someone playing with a lot more experience, but you can also find players that are on your level or even lower, so you might want to try it again if you feel like it.

7 minutes ago, Funki0 said:

There will always be someone playing with a lot more experience, but you can also find players that are on your level or even lower, so you might want to try it again if you feel like it.

Well, has the unfair camping and spamming to steal the ball been looked at? Because I remember this being a really big problem.

10 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Well... Player Hosted Servers.

I believe popularity would raise if DE hosted Conclave, but I'm not sure how good their servers should be or how much maintance it would cost.

Many of us have thought of the same and yes, it would definitely sound great.

2 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Well, has the unfair camping and spamming to steal the ball been looked at? Because I remember this being a really big problem.

What do you mean exactly? What unfair "camping" and "spamming"? You can't possibly speak of holding the ball to be camping, because you will lose it. And what is the spamming you mean?

Lunawho?

Jokes aside, it looks like DE themselves have forgotten about it. Conclave sees updates with modified stats, but there's been no changes made nor any suggestions of changes to make for Lunaro since the announcement of player-hosted servers... which is most likely because of the very low number of Lunaro players.

Camera changes would be appreciated; most of the time, I can't keep track of where my teammates and enemies are.

5 minutes ago, Achaix said:

Lunawho?

Jokes aside, it looks like DE themselves have forgotten about it. Conclave sees updates with modified stats, but there's been no changes made nor any suggestions of changes to make for Lunaro since the announcement of player-hosted servers... which is most likely because of the very low number of Lunaro players.

Camera changes would be appreciated; most of the time, I can't keep track of where my teammates and enemies are.

It does look like it and that is quite sad. And when you think about it, there were annihilation and team annihilation events that even promoted conclave in that form, but you never see anything like that for Lunaro. Lunaro isn't even that kind of PvP, but more like soft PvP if anything, no killing or anything like that.

About the camera changes, I have no problem with how the camera settings are, I am always playing with the highest possible FOV and I don't have the slightest problem knowing where everyone is. But I can say that a minimap wouldn't hurt at all. If there is anything like a camera change, then I would like to have that as a optional choice in your settings, since there are already seperate Lunaro controls aswell.

I have never tried neither Lunaro nor the Concalve.

I just don't like any PvP type of game if I can avoid it. I don't like to be put against someone else. It gets worse if the people happen to be highly competitive as things get nasty quite quickly if you aren't good enough or even if you looked at someone in a way they didn't like.

I don't know how Lunaro's nor conclave's communities are, but I'm still not interested.

2 minutes ago, AandOE said:

I thought I heard tales of an Archwing Lunaro field in the future...

Please don't. No arsewing in my precious Lunaro. It would ruin the mode completely.
cough
But I wouldn't complain about a new map or a replacement for the meridian map, because no one likes that anyway. Maybe one you have to hit from above/below or with some kind of barrier with which you can only hit it from behind. Or even like a timed "door" that opens and closes or something. Just something that isn't just (hole here, throw in please). And no weird stones that mess up your throws/weird goal hitboes (Yes I am looking at you meridian and perrin).

21 minutes ago, Funki0 said:

Many of us have thought of the same and yes, it would definitely sound great.

What do you mean exactly? What unfair "camping" and "spamming"? You can't possibly speak of holding the ball to be camping, because you will lose it. And what is the spamming you mean?

Spamming attack to steal the ball interrupting the flow of the game.

And 2 people stealing and passing/scoring by more or less standing near the goal.

A new goal was sometimes made as the replay was running. I think that's when I walked away.

5 minutes ago, HellEnforcer said:

I have never tried neither Lunaro nor the Concalve.

I just don't like any PvP type of game if I can avoid it. I don't like to be put against someone else. It gets worse if the people happen to be highly competitive as things get nasty quite quickly if you aren't good enough or even if you looked at someone in a way they didn't like.

I don't know how Lunaro's nor conclave's communities are, but I'm still not interested.

I'm glad you see Lunaro as Lunaro and not "conclave", even if it is kind of part of conclave.

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

Spamming attack to steal the ball interrupting the flow of the game.

And 2 people stealing and passing/scoring by more or less standing near the goal.

A new goal was sometimes made as the replay was running. I think that's when I walked away.

Checkspam, no. Checkspam is still a thing and it is annoying, I know that. But In case you want to know what there is about it. Checkspam is only being used by the lowest kind of player, because they get into Lunaro, don't read up on it and just run around, trying to check everyone until they can't move just so they can get the ball, but don't even know what to do with it. The problem about that is their incapability to win against anyone with even the slightest bit of skill, because they have no idea how to play properly or how to do anything against a bit of skill.

About the people stealing. If you mean checking you, getting the ball and doing that over and over again while staying on one side of the field, that is some kind of "strategy" a few people like to use, the thing you can do about it is to have 2 people yourself and to stand near them so you either intercept the pass or check the recipient.

51 minutes ago, Funki0 said:

I think I should remind a few people that even tho conclave is PvP based, none of that is NECESSARY to play the game.

Conclave is entirely optional and you don't have to participate in any of those modes, which also means you don't have to play it and be mad about it. I am merely trying to give Lunaro a bit attention, trying to wake up the people that DO want to play Lunaro or may want to try it at least. I am trying to encouraging it.

I would like to disagree. 

They've shoehorned in "Conclave" twice with Arena and the Index. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)theelix said:

I would like to disagree. 

They've shoehorned in "Conclave" twice with Arena and the Index. 

I don't even know what you are talking about.

The arena type and the index are NOT conclave and are their own type of mission. It's just a type of mission and has nothing to do with conclave as it is supposed to be and even less with Lunaro. This is about Lunaro, not about the arena/index type missions. Please disagree when there is a topic about the one (or two) thing(s) you are talking about.

they should scraped conclave all together. Started over and made it a simulation, used first person and used the operators using our void powers, halo style weapon pick ups made all the rewards able to use in PvE. Then and only then would I play. Same goes for Lunaro.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

Just now, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

they should scraped conclave all together. Started over and made it a simulation, used first person and used the operators using our void powers, halo style weapon pick ups made all the rewards able to use in PvE. Then and only then would I play. 

It's an idea, but don't you think a ton of people would still hate even that and then they would cry about that even more, because if there are those rewards you want, you won't be getting those. You won't get them because there might be people specialized at that or just people bad at it and if there are rewards that are kind of worth getting, there will be a lot more salt than there currently is at conclave.