Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should sortie rewards change more towards rivens?

DefectiveMagus

maybe im posting this cause i havent gotten a riven any time soon,maybe im posting this cause i was bored and didnt have anything else to do...who knows xD 

Heres what i wanted to say.As a mastery 23 player,i have every frame and weapon maxed and in my inventory,have a lot of rare resources and a lot of credits and with the weekly endo statues runs i got a good amount of endo.Now than,the sorties which are suppose to be high level,top tier missions give rewards that are more useful and needed to those who are just starting warframe rather than the high end players that usually do them.

What im saying is,in the past month or so from the sorties i have gotten:a buttload of ayatan statues,credit boosters,resource boosters,lenses and...thats pretty much it.I dont have any use from any of that.

From doing the raids i get a lot of credits,so i dont need the credit booster,i pretty much have everything maxed,so i dont need a affinity booster.Same with the resources,and endo...i mean come on? who doesnt have that in spares.And i got like half a mil. extra points for 2-3 focus school while having the abilities i need maxed (zenurik) so in the end,i do these 50-100 lvl missions every day and dont get anything from them,i would much rather be able to give all of that to my friends who are just starting warframe who need that more than me.

What i would like to actually receive is something that i find use of,or makes me play more,like i dont know...rivens maybe? The rivens are pretty much the only reason i come to play warframe every day.I want to get a riven for a random crappy &#! gun that i have and to make a wacky build with it and test it out,have a blast with it.

Other things i could possibly find use of are maybe built formas.Than i wouldnt need to wait 24h to forma a random gun and see how it works.

And a useful reward too would be relics,a pack of relics.More axi ones and more than you get from the syndicates.

And finally i could always use more kuva,so maybe we could have kuva packs as sortie rewards,so if you dont get a riven you could at least change a old one to see how it works.

Maybe the sorties arent meant for high end players,i might be wrong.As far as i know,the only thing you need in order to be eligable to do sorties is that you finish the war within,so you dont even need to climb all that high in order to do them.Im not saying we should just limit the sorties to the veterans,but the rewards seam to be more skewed toward the lower mastery players.

4 minutes ago, Wrum said:

different reward tables for people at a certain mastery rank?

say 1-10 has a low teir table, 10+ has a higher teir table?

that could be the solution.Maybe different mission and mission types for the lower masteries and different for the higher masteries.Another complaint i heard from my friend playing is that warframe got boring to him quickly,because i pretty much boosted him with me so he has a decent frame and a decent weapon which he runs in every mission.So maybe those low mastery sorties could possibly be different mission types and modifiers for newer players to see.

Or maybe even instead of having mission modifiers like :shotguns only,radiation etc. it gives players a specific frame they test drive through the mission,so newer players could experience more each day and see as much of warframe as possible.Maybe it could be like tawern brawl from hearthstone.That you get a random warframe and weapon combination to try out on the sortie mission.

Edited by AoBaka

19 minutes ago, AoBaka said:

Or maybe even instead of having mission modifiers like :shotguns only,radiation etc. it gives players a specific frame they test drive through the mission,so newer players could experience more each day and see as much of warframe as possible.Maybe it could be like tawern brawl from hearthstone.That you get a random warframe and weapon combination to try out on the sortie mission.

i like that idea. challenges older players and newer players can test drive a warframe they don't have. Ooo how about a condition that has everyone use random vaulted frames and weapons that would be fun.

9 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Lenses should be removed from sortie rewards and placed in Lua drops instead. Everything else in sortie rewards is fine. Rivens are already common and the market is overfilled with them.

well both the ayatan statue and the riven mod are in the common slot...yet somehow i keep getting ayatan treasures like 10 times more than the riven mod...strange thing,isnt it? xD 

8 minutes ago, Wrum said:

i like that idea. challenges older players and newer players can test drive a warframe they don't have. Ooo how about a condition that has everyone use random vaulted frames and weapons that would be fun.

i think any change to sorties that brings more elements to play is a welcome change.Be it making the missions more complex or making the rules more interesting,like i said.Like a tawern brawl.

1 minute ago, AoBaka said:

well both the ayatan statue and the riven mod are in the common slot...yet somehow i keep getting ayatan treasures like 10 times more than the riven mod...strange thing,isnt it? xD 

Yeah same here, but I also see plenty of players who say they get rivens almost daily.

2 hours ago, AoBaka said:

And finally i could always use more kuva,so maybe we could have kuva packs as sortie rewards,so if you dont get a riven you could at least change a old one to see how it works.

O9xmb_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=usa_n

Kuva as a Sortie reward makes sense. Let's do it.

All I get is Rivens and statues from Sorties. I'm literally at 57/60, I was 59/60 for a very long time. I need more Kuva, not Rivens.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

Considering eventually melee rivens are going to be thrown into the mix, yeah the tables could certainly use some changes.  I can count on one hand the amount of rivens I have gotten from sorties, and that's pretty bad considering I have probably done it 60+ times already.

6 minutes ago, Vulpei said:

Considering eventually melee rivens are going to be thrown into the mix, yeah the tables could certainly use some changes.  I can count on one hand the amount of rivens I have gotten from sorties, and that's pretty bad considering I have probably done it 60+ times already.

You're just unlucky. I'm constantly reaching my max Riven limit and u don't even do it every single day

I get them about as often as I get ayatans

Edited by Hypernaut1

Rivens were not, are not, and will never be anywhere close to as important in this game as people seem to think they are. What absurd amount of plat some person manages to get from someone else based on their "godly" riven does not make them important. Why not just change the sortie table to be only rivens. Baro comes, all his prices are now in rivens. The store no longer charges plat but now charges rivens.

6 hours ago, ashrah said:

sortie rewards should be 1 garanted riven at stage 3

No. because when this happens you would then ask for more riven slots or ask for a better way to get rid of rivens. 

6 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Lenses should be removed from sortie rewards and placed in Lua drops instead. Everything else in sortie rewards is fine. Rivens are already common and the market is overfilled with them.

Yes. Lenses in Lua instead of sorties please. If i hated getting Ayatan or Endo, I hate it more when i get the lenses.

Maybe seperate the pool of rivens, old rivens (rifles) in uncommon, and new rivens (shotgun and pistol) in common(or the other way around). This would add a greater chance to get rivens.

Why do we even have 2 different endo rewards? I guess they are good for new players but I think some of them would still prefer rivens because there are other ways to farm endo. 

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Rivens were not, are not, and will never be anywhere close to as important in this game as people seem to think they are. What absurd amount of plat some person manages to get from someone else based on their "godly" riven does not make them important. Why not just change the sortie table to be only rivens. Baro comes, all his prices are now in rivens. The store no longer charges plat but now charges rivens.

im not saying rivens are important,im just saying i look really gladly to getting them since i pretty much have everything else and i love to experiment with different guns and mods.Having the sortie missions being high level usually that would mean its focused more towards the veteran players,but as a 23 mastery player i dont have use from more than half of the rewards on that list,and as much as it says rivens are common i have gotten more boosters and lenses than i have rivens.

no because i keep getting rivens and don't know what to do with them.. only have 2 spaces free for more rivens. the things i get from sorties most often are rivens and ayatan sculptures. asides from those only ever got 1x zenurik lens, 1x naramon lens, 1x catalyst, 1x 4000 endo that's it o_o maybe a booster like aaaages ago but can't remember which type it was. hope for more lenses from sorties instead of rivens :'c

like the ideas of built forma, relics and kuva though.

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

I just want a reason and ability to use relatively meh weapons in sorties. Example, I never really cared for convectrix and it's weird mechanic, but with the help of a riven, I'm learning to use it better and allowing me to have fun with it. 

It may not be important in the sense that it is a must have thing for the endgame. But it is important as it gives some of us a reason to go back and use relatively old content in a new light. 

That being said, I still don't want an instant reward of riven from every sortie. It will be annoying trying to pic which one i could delete. But if we have a pseudo-random instead of pure rng, atleast when it comes to sorties, it might be better. Having a system that decreases the likelihood of you getting a reward everytime you get it(example : everytime you get an ayatan chances to get it is reduced by 10%[example : 30 x .9 = 27]), which adjusts the drop table in a relative manner, -10% from something doesn't mean you get .20% chance added to legendary core(2.5 x 1.1 = 2.75). And the most you can get is that it double the current chance to get another reward(if LC is 2.5% it goes to 5%) that you have not received.

:sad:Sorry if my explanation is hard to understand, I'm having a hard time trying to express what I mean in my mind.