Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please stop calling trash rivens "godly" (retitled for clarity)

2 minutes ago, StrongCrayon said:

There's a revised grading scale now.  For example, S is now the best score, not SSS.

That explains some confusion with someone's auction earlier.. Where he labeled an A+ as S , cause he was going by the old grading scale. And I thought he miscalculated.

i agree with the topic, but also "god tier" is opinion, some value stats others do not. there are universal stats which its hard to argue about more or less but its still an opinion dependant topic which is now really god or not. i value punch through high on some weapons for example and i would call a riven for such an appropriate weapon "god" if its for instance something like dmg, ms, pt, -zoom for a more base dmg focused weapon. even if it only has 2 positives and a negative if the stats amount is a rly rly high roll i would already name that god tier. its a difficult matter as i see it but basically agree with the topic fully.

greetings

3 hours ago, Fullmetal_Underpants said:

kinda starting to like the reddit trade channel approach, everybody's calling their crap god rivens and it's like   -slash for heavy slash weapons, thing's got no manageable negative boost, it's a crappy bane mod, they've basically banned calling them "god tier" rivens over there because it's clickbaity and 95% of the people using the term don't even know what god tier IS for the weapon that riven mod is even for.

if it has a projectile speed and the negative is -flight speed, it's not a god riven.
if it has + or -  corpus, infested or grineer damage.  it's not a god riven.
if it reduces the ammo reserve to 0  it's not a god riven, you literally can't even reload the weapon after you empty the magazine.
if it gives impact/slash/puncture damage bonuses to a weapon that either has non or VERY little of that damage type... it's not a god riven.
if a weapon has an obnoxiously long reload time and a small magazine... -mag disqualifies it as a god riven, so does -reload speed.

if you call a crappy riven a "god tier" riven and people see it and know it's crap, you're not gonna sell it for "god tier" prices. the term is highly subjective and what constitutes an absolutely perfect riven for a gun varies with almost every single gun in the game. yes, 99.5% of rivens out there are pretty average, but calling a turd a dirty gold nugget doesn't get rid of the smell.

Why post this in tradepost? Its meant only for selling / buying stuff. Request a mod to move it to general or something. Having said that I understand what you mean, but keep in mind there is no universally best stat for each weapon that one considers as godly. Some ppl might like reload speed or some other utility stat better or "godly". Please understand that some of it is subjective. But i understand what your getting at, some stats are just out right bad for certain weapons like you explained and calling them the best riven is just clickbait. As a wise fellow tenno once quoted " If you call these rivens Godly, then God has abandoned us"

Edited by --Q--Kyl0Ren

4 minutes ago, Fullmetal_Underpants said:

because it relates to about 60% of all posts in this godforsaken channel.

I just realized after i posted that if i hadnt started with that maybe ppl would pay attention to the other stuff I said but sure, if it helps you get the point across better ya it helps xD.

1 hour ago, Fullmetal_Underpants said:

because it relates to about 60% of all posts in this godforsaken channel.

Like I said I totally agree with you because too many put up their junk riven mods and call them godly to sell them it's a total waste of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just change that gd Riven system already so that we can shuffle single values instead of all values at once. That would solve ALL these problems as everyone would be able to design Rivens to their own preferences and not having to farm Kuva 24/7 like a tard.

Edited by --Q--Poeps

Calling things godly is like a kid with autism would say

Can we say "good riven" 

Or Over good riven

But Who cares People can say whatever they want in this world. Even if they lost there brain cells

Edited by -EGSplendidfun-

2 hours ago, -EGSplendidfun- said:

Calling things godly is like a kid with autism would say

Can we say "good riven" 

Or Over good riven

But Who cares People can say whatever they want in this world. Even if they lost there brain cells

I mean, I know people with autism and its not really something they are likely to say more then anyone else... but sure.

On June 19, 2017 at 6:56 AM, Fullmetal_Underpants said:

kinda starting to like the reddit trade channel approach, everybody's calling their crap god rivens and it's like   -slash for heavy slash weapons, thing's got no manageable negative boost, it's a crappy bane mod, they've basically banned calling them "god tier" rivens over there because it's clickbaity and 95% of the people using the term don't even know what god tier IS for the weapon that riven mod is even for.

if it has a projectile speed and the negative is -flight speed, it's not a god riven.
if it has + or -  corpus, infested or grineer damage.  it's not a god riven.
if it reduces the ammo reserve to 0  it's not a god riven, you literally can't even reload the weapon after you empty the magazine.
if it gives impact/slash/puncture damage bonuses to a weapon that either has non or VERY little of that damage type... it's not a god riven.
if a weapon has an obnoxiously long reload time and a small magazine... -mag disqualifies it as a god riven, so does -reload speed.

if you call a crappy riven a "god tier" riven and people see it and know it's crap, you're not gonna sell it for "god tier" prices. the term is highly subjective and what constitutes an absolutely perfect riven for a gun varies with almost every single gun in the game. yes, 99.5% of rivens out there are pretty average, but calling a turd a dirty gold nugget doesn't get rid of the smell.

One man's Pyrite is another man's Gold...

HEY, OP I have a TRI-colored Lotus OMEGA KUBROW in gold colors you will definitely WANT!

...you just have to know when false information becomes canon/a "selling" point and accepted as "fact" by players not as knowledgeable/vested in the game.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I agree that a lot of GOD roll rivens advertised in trade chat are bad. But some people do it because they dont even understand the basics. 

Some rivens have value for some people and not for others. I have a Dmg multi +flight speed riven for sobek which I wont trade for any other because it increases the dmg fall off distance making it more effective at distance. Not everybody would like it for instance.

My dream Aklex riven should have -recoil which is something not a lot of people would go for.

As a joke I put Zeus roll, Odin roll or GOoD rollin trade for good rolls.   Mostly I just link the riven and put a price.  I dont put too much emphasis on the term.  Everyones different and wants different things.  Also people with little to no plat tend to over value their things.