Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

The sacrifice trailer means DE hasn't forgotten about Umba and it's most likely the next cinematic quest, so it'll probably come out the next year.

Plains of Eidolon, maybe late this year. Maybe the Umbra related quest will take place there?

21 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

B) for some odd reason there's a vague rumor going about that states he'll either have GREATER stats over the prime(thus making him an upgrade of an upgrade, lol)

or an altered kit(IE, how excal prime had current excal's kit before the normal version did)

Interesting that a kit change is even on the table. I imagine the Prime situation was just to let Masters beta test it. Makes you wonder what they'd do with a kit variance, especially if Umbra becomes another general-use prefix.

27 minutes ago, MangeurDuPiscine said:

Interesting that a kit change is even on the table. I imagine the Prime situation was just to let Masters beta test it. Makes you wonder what they'd do with a kit variance, especially if Umbra becomes another general-use prefix.

O prevent my notifications from blowing up.

i get it, i was misinformed, move along 

Edited by (XB1)Orcus Imperium

31 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

for some odd reason there's a vague rumor going about that states he'll either have GREATER stats over the prime(thus making him an upgrade of an upgrade, lol)

It's because Excal Umbra Prime from Chinaframe, the thing that started the whole shebang, actually did have stats higher than Ex Prime.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

Frames usually grab more attention than tiles or anything else. That's kind of natural.

Tho I'm just sick at this point oif hearing the word 'umbra' I want it to be released already - the thing is it probably won't live up to the hype and a lot of people will be dissapointed and forget about them soon.

39 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

or an altered kit(IE, how excal prime had current excal's kit before the normal version did)

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

Yea, excal prime had exalted blade from the get go(basically what we have now was excal prime's shtick first)

tho the rumors are iffy on that kit change for umbra

Don't spread misinformation. Excal prime has always had the same kit as vanilla excalibur. Video proof in spoiler:

Spoiler

As you can see, the first power used after the timestamp is superjump, which was removed on Excal's rework

7 minutes ago, MangeurDuPiscine said:

Stat increases, I can believe. Primes already do that. Of course, that was Umbra PRIME. Regular Umbra, we have no idea what we're getting into quite yet. Could be stat raises, could be set variance, could be purely visual.

I see it as a chance to finally get an enhanced version of my favorite warframe. I personally wouldn't mind if it was a sidegrade when compared to excalibur prime as long as it's better than vanilla Excal (and tbh, I wouldn't even mind if prime got a buff if that was the case)

2 minutes ago, Stormdragon said:

Don't spread misinformation. Excal prime has always had the same kit as vanilla excalibur. Video proof in spoiler:

I think he meant visual effects. As far as I know, Ex Prime had something similar to current Ex-blade going with some of his abilities.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

2 minutes ago, Stormdragon said:

Don't spread misinformation. Excal prime has always had the same kit as vanilla excalibur.

I had my doubts about that, haha. Couldn't find anything in the wiki history. But that is an interesting concept to think about, however unlikely it is. And I agree Prime needs to stay uniquely good, just like Umbra Prime. Sidegrades are what keeps variants as just that and not mandatory improvements.

24 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

Yea, excal prime had exalted blade from the get go(basically what we have now was excal prime's shtick first)

tho the rumors are iffy on that kit change for umbra

no that is not true Both versions of Excalibur got Exalted Blade at the same time Prime/Vanilla

3 minutes ago, Stormdragon said:

Reveal hidden contents

As you can see, the first power used after the timestamp is superjump, which was removed on Excal's rework

I see it as a chance to finally get an enhanced version of my favorite warframe. I personally wouldn't mind if it was a sidegrade when compared to excalibur prime as long as it's better than vanilla Excal (and tbh, I wouldn't even mind if prime got a buff if that was the case)

Wait, what?

im only relaying what i've been told. Im also well aware of excal's rework.

Um... yes... this should happen... what are you guys arguing against here more customization?  That is lame.  Anyway, scarves should be a thing, for all frames, if umbras end up being scarf wearing ninja dudes, then at least their equivalents should get to wear their scarves.  Like for example excal p and excal should get to wear excal umbras scarf.  Eventually when other frames get umbrad the same thing should happen there.  Furthermore the auxiliary item category should get some real love, and if that is in the form of scarves then cool, but there is also game play changing systems here in terms of arcanes, if we can arcane helmets, and syandanas why not auxiliary items too?

1 hour ago, MangeurDuPiscine said:

Excalibur Umbra looks really cool and all, but I just don't get the intense, diehard hyping over him, both before and after the trailer at Tennocon. I've seen a decent number of people who are hyping harder over Umbra than PoE. I just don't get it. Was it the long tease time? The scarf? Having some halfway point to Excalibur Prime? I, personally, am much more excited about what it means for the lore than anything else, but I'm not having to change pants over it.

What's everyone's thoughts? Why the hype?

A lot of theory folk want to believe it's like an alternate prime version of the warframe standard. Primes being one side of the spectrum with Umbra being the other. Whether that is true or not is pure speculation. Currently it's just a skin available in the chinese version. If I recall they stated the quest leading to Umbra will go into what the warframes (not the tenno) are themselves so it will give us more insight into the warframe backstory which has one of the lacking features of the game for some time - so really Umbra is something for folks who are warframe lore hungry, that and it's a pretty cool skin to some. Umbra has been a subject of controversy for some much like Excalibur Prime so it tends to be a sore subject for some out there. That's about all there is to it.

Small note; When the copyright credits are shown at bottom at the end of both trailers ( Plains of Eidilons & The Sacrifice), there is interesting minor difference.

PoE trailer has 2017 after the copyright symbol, but The Sacrifice teaser has 2016 after copyright symbol, meaning that (possibly) Umbra has been waiting for a whole year.

9 minutes ago, Corial said:

Small note; When the copyright credits are shown at bottom at the end of both trailers ( Plains of Eidilons & The Sacrifice), there is interesting minor difference.

PoE trailer has 2017 after the copyright symbol, but The Sacrifice teaser has 2016 after copyright symbol, meaning that (possibly) Umbra has been waiting for a whole year.

YeahI noticed the 2016 thing too.

2 hours ago, MangeurDuPiscine said:

Excalibur Umbra looks really cool and all, but I just don't get the intense, diehard hyping over him, both before and after the trailer at Tennocon. I've seen a decent number of people who are hyping harder over Umbra than PoE. I just don't get it. Was it the long tease time? The scarf? Having some halfway point to Excalibur Prime? I, personally, am much more excited about what it means for the lore than anything else, but I'm not having to change pants over it.

What's everyone's thoughts? Why the hype?

Scarf is pretty much it. Fashionframe is indeed the endgame now.

10 minutes ago, Christon said:

I need to know. Will umbra be better than my Excal Prime? Because I love my excal prime, but if everyone can just get a better version then why did i bother with a master founder?

Umbra would probably be an upgrade for your regular warframe - basically something you get while losing something else.