Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

7 hours ago, Draconis1383 said:

When will the Excalibur Umbra Prime be release to the global market? It has been a few years since its release in the China's market.

global will NOT get a frame named "Excalibur Umbra Prime"

we get the same model as that said frame, labeled as "Excalibur Umbra " 

more info go to OP - read FAQ 

1 hour ago, Senketsu_ said:

the most iconic, and many peoples "first" frame and its prime counterpart is locked behind a lame promise. So happy I can finally get a "primed" version with umbra!

If I'm right with my memory, prime would not even be a thing, they did the founders pack with Excal Prime to support the game, but later they decided to continue the prime class of frames, but it was mainly not to be a thing, just a single character for the founders.

It was also the most expensive thing on the game when released if I'm right. I saw its release, and I could not afford one.

Edited by Eminem37

at tennocon they showed umbra trailer as its confirmed but my theory "in my opinion" is the quest take place before or after plain of eidolon? the way i see through trailer picture it seems it takes in lua the moon so possibly happened everything went wrong then plain of eidolon the WAR begin the journal? *shrug* 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Devonlucky said:

at tennocon they showed umbra trailer as its confirmed but my theory "in my opinion" is the quest take place before or after plain of eidolon? the way i see through trailer picture it seems it takes in lua so possibly happened everything went wrong then plain of eidolon the WAR begun the journal? *shrug* 

Like I said some pages ago, I believe it will be before PoE, since it is also the "next" cinematic quest, and umbra has already 2/2,5 years of waiting, it must be ready by now just waiting to be release, and since it has not a trailer for it, it must be the next thing. I also believe PoE has a bit of work to do, and since it is bigger than anything ever done on warframe, expect end of the year release.

I could still be wrong do.

Edited by Eminem37
grammar man omg...

Let's see... I say Umbra [insert frame here] will be MR20-locked with the sacrifice needed being a maxed [insert non-Umbra version of desired Umbra'd frame here] with reactor. Oh and maybe a lense too... Heh, I'd still do it.

33 minutes ago, BWS-1 said:

Let's see... I say Umbra [insert frame here] will be MR20-locked with the sacrifice needed being a maxed [insert non-Umbra version of desired Umbra'd frame here] with reactor. Oh and maybe a lense too... Heh, I'd still do it.

same, but from what ballas says in correlation to other things i think for the first umbra the cost is already paid 

how we get the "others" is something im interested in, their system of obtainment is different ..so sacrifice of resources/ equipment,, sure, but thats not a new mechanic as we do that already for weapons, i expect something to game change the concept of how we get them or it wont seem warframe like 

52 minutes ago, EvanCharter said:

Is it me or does the umbra teaser take place during the events of second dream when the moon was kinda tearing a part.

it would make sense if they were on lua and basically woke up once it left the void and is back in orbit of earth 

so its plausible 

25 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

same, but from what ballas says in correlation to other things i think for the first umbra the cost is already paid 

how we get the "others" is something im interested in, their system of obtainment is different ..so sacrifice of resources/ equipment,, sure, but thats not a new mechanic as we do that already for weapons, i expect something to game change the concept of how we get them or it wont seem warframe like

I wonder if it'll have to do with alignments... and to first one is acquired from reaching a certain level in... I would assume ''the dark side'' and that level being perhaps ''the darkest part'' and then more is just going along the lines of sacrificing a frame towards making them Umbra, which could also add more points to the dark side*...

... but those frames would become unusable if you switch to ''the lighter side'', though a different version of the opposite of the ''Umbra''... the ''Lux'' maybe? (though it sounds too much like Lex) could be made available for those then... in a not-so-soon future. Hopefully it wouldn't be too crazy to go from one side to the other, but I can see that for non-maddening purposes the ''Lux''-counterparts wouldn't give mastery if you already have a maxed ''Umbra'' as they'd, at the core, be the same ''one frame'', just from a different ''polarity'' of sorts... ok now that's going WAY in the realm of speculation, past Umbra. sorry!

*um·bra

ˈəmbrə/
noun
noun: umbra; plural noun: umbrae; plural noun: umbras
  1. the fully shaded inner region of a shadow cast by an opaque object, especially the area on the earth or moon experiencing the total phase of an eclipse.

13 minutes ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

i don't think anything in this game should be MR20 locked

Not disagreeing here, but I'm just taking a wild guess as of what it could be. I mean, for now it seems a bit nuts, especially for newcomers, but with the introduction of weapons crafting? I wonder how long it'll take to see MR30 players!

Edited by BWS-1

6 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

I mean hopefully by the end of the quest, we'll have access to the frame via parts or just built, unlike being given only the blueprint (like recent frame quests) and forced to hunt the remainder in very obscure places with abysmal drop rates.

ah gotcha, i hope so too. It'd be nice to have easy access to his parts via the quest but maybe make the quest not much of a walk in the park

2 hours ago, Eminem37 said:

If I'm right with my memory, prime would not even be a thing, they did the founders pack with Excal Prime to support the game, but later they decided to continue the prime class of frames, but it was mainly not to be a thing, just a single character for the founders.

It was also the most expensive thing on the game when released if I'm right. I saw its release, and I could not afford one.

You're close, founders pack at the start was much like prime access with 3 tiers of items, to my recollection 3rd was just excal, 2nd was excal and skana prime, first was excal, skana and lato primes

might have also been some credits and platinum in there to somewhere

\o/

sauce http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Founders

Edited by Bronte
added sauce

24 minutes ago, Bronte said:

You're close, founders pack at the start was much like prime access with 3 tiers of items, to my recollection 3rd was just excal, 2nd was excal and skana prime, first was excal, skana and lato primes

might have also been some credits and platinum in there to somewhere

\o/

sauce http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Founders

Oh well, I was not able to recall the items jesus, but December 2012 ? that I don't remember at all, I was playing even before excalibur prime was a thing, how the heck.

I remember even I stopped playing, and then when I came back there was the founders pack weird thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139406549 old times..

Edited by Eminem37
added last line

3 hours ago, Eminem37 said:

yeah i know. but it was a huge lack of foresight to exclsivize the primed version of the games poster boy, who would be most players first and favorite frame, and who wold want a primed version of said frame. so umbra makes me very happy. because excal is my fav frame

2 minutes ago, Dhashruman said:

So since Umbra is officially coming, is it possible to expect a release by the end of the month or next month perhaps? They have had quite awhile to work on it so when do you guys think we can expect Umbra to be live?

i would say 1-3 months as i tihnk PoE would be the most time consuming than a quest.

In the trailer for Umbra, we heard what sounded like a heart monitor and a respirator. Could it be that the Operator was injured in some way on the Zariman from the Void exposure? In my view it sounds like Ballas was talking to someone who was looking over the Operator on their deathbed. Maybe the Father or someone else. Perhaps the Operator was terminal and Ballas was asking someone if they would trade places with them so the Operator wouldn't die. "All Miracles require sacrifice" It definitely sounds like someone was terminally ill in some way and it would take a miracle to save them. Someone sacrificing their free will and consciousness to give them new bodies i.e; the Warframes.

2 hours ago, EvanCharter said:

i would say 1-3 months as i tihnk PoE would be the most time consuming than a quest.

True, but in that case wouldn't they just release the quest first and continue working on PoE rather than keeping both away from players?

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

In the trailer for Umbra, we heard what sounded like a heart monitor and a respirator. Could it be that the Operator was injured in some way on the Zariman from the Void exposure? In my view it sounds like Ballas was talking to someone who was looking over the Operator on their deathbed. Maybe the Father or someone else. Perhaps the Operator was terminal and Ballas was asking someone if they would trade places with them so the Operator wouldn't die. "All Miracles require sacrifice" It definitely sounds like someone was terminally ill in some way and it would take a miracle to save them. Someone sacrificing their free will and consciousness to give them new bodies i.e; the Warframes.

Yea maybe...

51 minutes ago, Dhashruman said:

True, but in that case wouldn't they just release the quest first and continue working on PoE rather than keeping both away from players?

pardon my typo but yea probably umbra would come soon

5 hours ago, EvanCharter said:

Normally when they release a trailer like that, we're given a date. like 2017, 2018, etc. The only known date is 2017 for PoE, and umbra might be early next year at the latest. 

5 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Normally when they release a trailer like that, we're given a date. like 2017, 2018, etc. The only known date is 2017 for PoE, and umbra might be early next year at the latest. 

But wouldn't a quest on a pre-existing tileset (Lua) be easier to implement than the Plains of Eidolon? Unless of course the quest takes us there as well.