Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i have faith in it eventually coming , the actual delivery date is foggy though

Seconded. I'm not as interested in Umbra himself so much as I am in the lore surrounding him and his quest. I mainly play Warframe for the lore if for nothing else. Sure, I level weapons and Warframes, but that's just for the fun. I've had plenty of laughs with friends launching Bombards off the map with explosive weapons, I've had fun glitching through the map and completely crashing the game. Warframe is one of (If not) the best games I have ever played. I've had hiatuses, but I always come back for updates especially of large size just so I can get my hands on the lore. The lore and story is what I am after, and if the Sacrifice and Umbra aren't completely loaded with it, then I will be disappointed. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i have faith in it eventually coming , the actual delivery date is foggy though

It's "eventually" coming to our build. The thing is how much longer can DE keep delaying it to favor other projects. It can "eventually" come in the next hotfix just like it can "eventually" come in update 30. Sadly the word "eventually" doesn't add anything for those of us who have been waiting for Umbra to "eventually" come for almost 3 years

I just typed up a big rant in a different thread about Excalibur Prime and how people should stop complaining about how they want it since they will get Umbra (That is supposedly better anyway), only to find out that right before I hit submit, the topic had been closed. XD

So yeah. I will just leave this bit here. 

Don't complain about Prime, and just look forward to Umbra. People used to want Umbra more than Prime, so I don't see what's changed. It's childish to complain this much anyway. So let's all sit back, play the game, have fun, and wait for Umbra. Waiting for Prime is useless. The Founders deserve it. They took the gamble for the game that was meant to fail, and now it's working fine. I doubt DE could have made it without the income that the founders gave. So stop the toxicity, and let's all just be Tenno together and stop this Civil War between founders and new players. 

NOTE: I am not a founder. I started in early August of 2016. But I want to take some bullets for them. They don't deserve the toxicity. Instead, we should all drop the subject of Prime and instead wait for this beautiful work of art...

600?cb=20160219013747

I mean, in my opinion, that looks SO MUCH COOLER than Excalibur Prime. So let's just wait for his lore and drop the Primed Problem. 

Edited by KelsierSurvivor
Primed Problem... See what I did there?

11 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

-le snip-

Agreed, completely. The Founders can keep Excal Prime with pride (except for the ones who sold it) -- I never really understood the salt over why he's an exclusive anyways. Is it a mastery thing? Is it a completionist thing? But, moving on. What interests me about Umbra is the lore (also that sick scarf. gotta get me some of that fashion). We've known for a while now that the lore associated with Umbra is Second Dream levels of importance, so that begs the question, "What?" -- which many of us have been asking in this thread, of course. Considering how wrong most of us were about how Warframes are controlled, I'm willing to take a stab in the dark and say that we haven't hit the right note yet for Umbra

. So, time for a bit of loremastery and speculation -- what do we know, and what does that tell us?

There is some form of sacrifice involved in the story of Umbra, be that in the creation of it, in the usage, or in something else, and that the sacrifice involves life in some way. This is taken from Ballas' little speech in the teaser. As to who he's talking to, we don't know, but, as the beeping of life support can be heard, they probably aren't in great condition. "For their life... yours." For whose life? The Tenno's? That's a reasonable idea. Could he be talking to someone who was a part of the creation process of the original Warframe prototypes, or to us, the Tenno, or to someone else entirely? We shall find out, I suppose.

Secondly, the prevailing theories seem to be either that we sacrifice something, or that the sacrifice is already made. Indeed, either of these makes sense, to an extent. If we sacrifice something, it may be voluntary control over the Warframe -- we give it life, or allow it some semblance thereof. On the other hand, perhaps we sacrifice something more metaphorical, or conceptual, like our honor, our pride, or what have you. If the sacrifice was made, then who made it, and what did they sacrifice? Their body, to create a surrogate for our frame? Their soul, to give us a blank vessel to Transference in to? Given that the quest seems to be called, "The Sacrifice", I would be very confused if this is never addressed.

What are your thoughts on all of this? I feel like the quest is going to involve the Unum in some way, but maybe that's because I'm a massive nerd for Unum lore.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OmegaShadowcry said:

Agreed, completely. The Founders can keep Excal Prime with pride (except for the ones who sold it) -- I never really understood the salt over why he's an exclusive anyways. Is it a mastery thing? Is it a completionist thing?

I say the salt is because there's no an upgraded version of Excal for those who main him or like him. Excal Umbra can solve that for them, but for completionists and collectors (me), not seeing the word "Prime" behind an upgraded Excal while all other upgraded Tenno items have the word will annoy them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

It's "eventually" coming to our build. The thing is how much longer can DE keep delaying it to favor other projects. It can "eventually" come in the next hotfix just like it can "eventually" come in update 30. Sadly the word "eventually" doesn't add anything for those of us who have been waiting for Umbra to "eventually" come for almost 3 years

it took 3 years for  to get a bird in this game [  have one in a cage on my ship] so its not like its unprecedented ....

8 hours ago, OmegaShadowcry said:

Agreed, completely. The Founders can keep Excal Prime with pride (except for the ones who sold it) -- I never really understood the salt over why he's an exclusive anyways. Is it a mastery thing?

What are your thoughts on all of this? I feel like the quest is going to involve the Unum in some way, but maybe that's because I'm a massive nerd for Unum lore.

7 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

I say the salt is because there's no an upgraded version of Excal for those who main him or like him. Excal Umbra can solve that for them, but for completionists and collectors (me), not seeing the word "Prime" behind an upgraded Excal while all other upgraded Tenno items have the word will annoy them.

as loga states , salt is usually for the collectors who cant have it for completion "ocd" in this case , or newer players who want a excal upgrade and did not know of umbra [in recent times], as with most things with people if you tell them its exclusive and they cant have something others have, they tend to throw fits about why thats unfair ect.... life isnt fair ...so 

before excal prime was the only upgrade option to poster boy so with the eventual umbra variant that resolves that dilemma [locked behind quest campaign requirements]

and on unum , dunno i think it will be a factor as why else would plains need to be done first, its all ground work to umbras i hope

il y a une heure, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako a dit :

ok so posted on this, my operators twin had a weird object floating around her "orbiting" 

people on twitter are calling it the tooth fairy xD , but honestly i have no idea what it is 

DP49OgkVoAAw8WK.jpg:large

Look like a pieces of Ceno armor or a another one.latest?cb=20171023015749

Probably a bug

Edited by Yual

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

if you tell them its exclusive and they cant have something others have, they tend to throw fits about why thats unfair ect.... life isnt fair ...so 

Of only the thread hadn't been closed before I got to post my rant about this. Gosh... I made a huge analogy that I thought was a good one. I typed this thing for like 15 minutes only to have it unusable. Oh well, life's not fair. XD

But on topic, I don't know much about the Unum. I need to brush off that Plains of Eidolon lore. I haven't touched it much yet unfortunately. But I do think that PoE will play a pretty large role in The Sacrifice. I am looking forward to that quest. Probably more than I did PoE. I really want to see what the Devs have in store for us.

I mostly main Oberon now (and wish he had more paladin-like cosmetics), but I'm very excited for Excal Prime 2.0 Umbra. Looks super nice. I'd just like to know if it'll be in Prime Umbra Access, or if it'll be something I have to earn in-game.

I bet founders are crapping their pants in a fit of rage over this.

3 minutes ago, Ninjadeath721 said:

? most founders I've seen don't really care that DE is releasing umbra

Better even. Most founders I have seen approve of umbra as a release.

It can scratch the Excal prime itch without breaking the agreement of Excal prime's packs.

On 11/29/2017 at 10:23 AM, KelsierSurvivor said:

Seconded. I'm not as interested in Umbra himself so much as I am in the lore surrounding him and his quest. I mainly play Warframe for the lore if for nothing else. Sure, I level weapons and Warframes, but that's just for the fun. I've had plenty of laughs with friends launching Bombards off the map with explosive weapons, I've had fun glitching through the map and completely crashing the game. Warframe is one of (If not) the best games I have ever played. I've had hiatuses, but I always come back for updates especially of large size just so I can get my hands on the lore. The lore and story is what I am after, and if the Sacrifice and Umbra aren't completely loaded with it, then I will be disappointed. 

Man me too, I feel like there's so few of us who are actually engrossed in the lore. I literally cannot stop theorizing about The Sacrifice 

what i think about Umbra warframes,is that they are the old self of that specific warframe,as an ex:

Excalibur would have Umbra version because it fits very well for this warframe and he could be an mercenary or have a dark past.

Even Loki could have Umbra version,since his skills and kit can fit for a umbra version.

So,what i think about Umbra version of a warframe?

I think that its the dark past of a warframe,a long time ago where they was evil and malicious,or at least its the past they forgotten and now as umbras they become once more what they really was at the beginning.

Or it could be a corrupted version of that specific warframe.

Edited by AzazelSama

35 minutes ago, Mingcrusher said:

I dunno if this already came up (You did an amazing job collecting all that information, but it is simply hard to find something specific), but what if Umbra is a Dax? To at least have a chance of saving his masters from the tenno, he had to become a Warframe?

i did theorize myself more recently at the possibility that it was an option for injured dax were used [via] full transference to create umbra series, and unlike tenno who use void energy they then grafted sentient pieces [primed / aka orokin tech] to these variants so the umbras could combat the sentient menace with the same adaptive capability.

as the orokin derived prime sentinels which are a type of sentient, stands to reason prime sentient pieces could also then be created by orokin scientists 

also fact is there were an army of dax weres the tenno were limited in number , this then would help expand the forces of the orokin in the war 

38 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Don't. Jinx. Us.

No no I think that he is right,because De did say next big update is cinematic quest for warframes and Umbra. But now is next big update are corpus open wordl map,and its fine because its good for DE and game become more popular because of that. But again its not fear to waith that long for the next big cinematic quest that we all won't and desperately need... so if DE did this we are not going to have umbra in like never. 🙄😠😕 its just not meant 2 bee

Edited by Vlada91