The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

16 hours ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

Hi everyone :)

soo I had this idea in my head for while what DE released umbra on console as an exclusive perhaps for the first week just because excalibur prime was a PC exclusive and we console didn't receive the chance of getting it and it would be lovely that we console try it first ik it's impossible because DE always put the update first on PC to fix the bugs etc then release the update on console and ik that your thinking that I'm just making console players look they didn't feel appreciate it which is not we have our wonderful exclusives packs for example excalibur obsidian skin and other wonderful cosmetics but all what I'm just saying is an idea but what do u think of it is it good or bad ? or am I just saying that just to get umbra very fast ? Lol ;)

Nah probably not a good idea. And he is coming with a quest, and after plains. consoles would have to catch up. Which is unlikely.

16 hours ago, (PS4)s3d_sas said:

Hi everyone :)

soo I had this idea in my head for while what DE released umbra on console as an exclusive perhaps for the first week just because excalibur prime was a PC exclusive and we console didn't receive the chance of getting it and it would be lovely that we console try it first ik it's impossible because DE always put the update first on PC to fix the bugs etc then release the update on console and ik that your thinking that I'm just making console players look they didn't feel appreciate it which is not we have our wonderful exclusives packs for example excalibur obsidian skin and other wonderful cosmetics but all what I'm just saying is an idea but what do u think of it is it good or bad ? or am I just saying that just to get umbra very fast ? Lol ;)

Also, you guys get it all refined and S#&$. We have to wait for our S#&$ to be perfect. Though I know your pain. I too was once a console pleb

4 hours ago, maskjucks said:

What do you mean by Chinese exclusive? 

So the one which is going to be released internationally is actually going to be different than the china one?

No one knows but both the the PC and China versions were founders packs that where purchased.

I would suspect that it will have the same stats as Excalibur since it's free.

4 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

No one knows but both the the PC and China versions were founders packs that where purchased.

I would suspect that it will have the same stats as Excalibur since it's free.

As far as we are aware the only difference between Umbra and Umbra Prime are just the name aside of the mysterious mechanic that Umbra frames will have.And possibly stats aswell.But as far as the look goes its the exact same model.

Also there's already a Umbra thread so it would be nice if people stopped making new threads because they end up merged anyway.

"What will be so special about Excalibur Umbra?"

DE has said they want it to be special. As far as what they mean by that. We don't know. Some different abilities? Ability visuals? Different passives? Unique polarities? Or all them put together? We just don't have enough information. 

6 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Wait a second...ECALIBUR UMBRA STILL HAS SUPER JUMP! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

PS: I know, I know. It's probably just placeholder or the picture was taken before the rework. But a kuria can dream can't it?:sadcry:

No!

No dreams allowed here.

follow-your-dreams.jpg

7 hours ago, Ksaero said:

I'm not talking about Radial Javelin which now costs less that pre-rework RJ (75 vs 100) and is weaker because of it. Why would you want one of the most powerful abilities be replaced with the most useless one? Would you even stop using bullet jump in favor of this clunky, uncontrollable, energy consuming... thing?

Oh dear God I remember those days when RJ would clear a room, even decimating enemies outside of my LOS.

And I also remember the uproar when it was nerfed, then buffed, then nerfed again. Fun times.

20 minutes ago, JoshuaAnders said:

Oh dear God I remember those days when RJ would clear a room, even decimating enemies outside of my LOS.

And I also remember the uproar when it was nerfed, then buffed, then nerfed again. Fun times.

so many frame follow that pattern ..i remember when ember was trash and i still used her  , then the fix /nerf/trash/slight fix? @ _ @ 

lets not forget the saryn rework gripes 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

so many frame follow that pattern ..i remember when ember was trash and i still used her  , then the fix /nerf/trash/slight fix? @ _ @ 

lets not forget the saryn rework gripes 

I remember it happening to rhino, well they have to do it so people can change their warframes and experience something new (like other warframes) if they don't do it people will pretty much use the same over and over again until they get bored (like me and rhino prime my most used frame after normal volt and excalibur back 2013), expect excalibur buffs when umbra releases, and then nerfs and then slight fix.

5 minutes ago, Eminem37 said:

I remember it happening to rhino, well they have to do it so people can change their warframes and experience something new (like other warframes) if they don't do it people will pretty much use the same over and over again until they get bored (like me and rhino prime my most used frame after normal volt and excalibur back 2013), expect excalibur buffs when umbra releases, and then nerfs and then slight fix.

Expect radiant javelin scaling *fingers crossed*

15 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

And even Excal Prime is not much of an upgrade tbh

Only reason people want him is to say they have him I guess. Should have supported the game back then, simple as that

The main excuse I see is "I didn't know about warframe so I couldn't be a founder" it sucks for them but man people just don't understand that DE can't bring it back and it'd also be such a kick in the face to founders. iirc excal prime has like 25 more armor or shields compared to the normal version it literally changes nothing game play wise lol. But yeah you're right people want him to say they have him or because they can't have him. 

6 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

The main excuse I see is "I didn't know about warframe so I couldn't be a founder" it sucks for them but man people just don't understand that DE can't bring it back and it'd also be such a kick in the face to founders. iirc excal prime has like 25 more armor or shields compared to the normal version it literally changes nothing game play wise lol. But yeah you're right people want him to say they have him or because they can't have him. 

It's not always about the increased stats. It's also about not having access to a 'prime' upgrade to a frame (me as collector), Excal could be someone's main and he can't get the golden version of his main coz of the Founders programme. Now I'm happy that Umbra will solve this issue visually(still gonna get bumped coz there's no 'prime' word attached with Umbra XD).

On 24.07.2017 at 4:47 AM, LSG501 said:

as far as I'm aware outside of tennogen (which is technically steam stuff) pc's don't actually have any exclusive gear unlike ps4/xbox. 

Actually, PC players do have an exclusive Excal skin. Called Onyx.

1ccdf817047bce711b6d94c7cee52a60299aabce

On 24.07.2017 at 3:01 AM, lukinu_u said:

The real question is why do people want a fake Excalibur prime with some stats tweak ?

Well honestly, Excal Prime looks like a fake compared to Excal Umbra.

And if Frost Umbra is going to be released, Frost Prime will also look like a fake.

On 24.07.2017 at 3:01 AM, lukinu_u said:

First, the chinese Excalibur is "Excalibur Umbra Prime", it's not that different but the one we will have may vary from this one. Maybe some color variation to not be gold (hard to say after the Sacrifice trailer but we dont know) or maybe some power variation if we go far. In fact, what we will have isn't exactly what Warframe China build has.

I bet the only difference is the word "Prime" which was carefully put to avoid exclusivity issues. Considering Umbra is its own thing, the "Prime" addition looks out of place, same if there was a "Vandal Wraith".

P.S.: It's much more complicated in Chinaframe. Even vanilla Excal has a "Prime" hieroglyph in its name (Prime, Holy and Sanctuary are the exact same hieroglyph). While vanilla Excalibur is called "Holy Sword" in Chinese build, Excal Prime, if it was there, would be called "Sanctuary Armor Holy Sword" (every Prime warframe gets "Sanctuary Armor" addition in the name), and  Excalibur Umbra Prime is called "Shadow Sanctuary Armor Holy Sword".

Though I wonder what will non-founder Chinese players get. Perhaps they will have the exact copy of their founder exclusive called "Shadow Armor Holy Sword". Or they won't get anything at all. Maybe whole Chinaframe will be shut down like its PS4 version.

Or maybe I'm wrong and Umbra Prime is indeed an upgraded version of Umbra. The looks are the same though and it's gonna be very confusing.

Edited by Ksaero

On 7/24/2017 at 10:15 AM, MirageKnight said:

I honestly don't mean to be snarky or anything, but it really is not that simple.

Maybe some of us really wanted to support the game back then but couldn't afford to due to a case of real life issues and / or obligations? Or perhaps some of us only found out about the game after DE had already pulled the Founders Packs?

Yeah I found out about the game too late for that too but I don't make a big deal about it now