Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 minute ago, HorridaMessor said:

I guess we will know for sure only when he is released, so there is no point in theorizing (if you don't want to be dissapointed).

Yeah true, would be sweet to know something though, waiting in anticapation for him.

Any idea on his release date?

Currently, we dont know.
DE said it will be different from the chinese exclusive "Excalibur Umbra Prime" but we dont know what will be these differences.
From what we see, it will probably not be his model since the Tennocon 2017 trailer shown the exact same (I though it would look more like Stalker), so unless what we see in the trailer is a special character that own Excalibur Umbra prime, it will have the exact same look.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

In the case of excal it will most likely just be the 'non founder' excal prime. 

That may not be the case with any later umbra though. 

Well, people say that because it's just the only other version of excal people nowadays can actually get, but the design is unique and I think, or better yet hope it will actually be an unique version and not just a rip-off of excal prime

1 minute ago, lukinu_u said:

Currently, we dont know.
DE said it will be different from the chinese exclusive "Excalibur Umbra Prime" but we dont know what will be these differences.
From what we see, it will probably not be his model since the Tennocon 2017 trailer shown the exact same (I though it would look more like Stalker), so unless what we see in the trailer is a special character that own Excalibur Umbra prime, it will have the exact same look.

What do you mean by Chinese exclusive? 

So the one which is going to be released internationally is actually going to be different than the china one?

1HZqU9U.jpg?1

I don't remember what polarities he comes with but the stats are almost the exact same to the prime and non prime versions. Honestly the huge reason why people want excal umbra so badly is because this is the closest anyone can get now to excal prime. I wish this would stop the "I demand excal prime to be brought back" blah blah threads you see all the time but hopefully it'll at least calm it down. 

edit- Those stats are obviously on China's version of Warframe and that means that DE may change it when it finally comes out for us.

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

21 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

When and where did they say that? I've only seen "virtually identical" and "94% sure it will be the same".

6 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

When and where did they say that? I've only seen "virtually identical" and "94% sure it will be the same".

Considering they've been hyping the 'massive' lore implications and the uniqueness of the frame, I think its fair to assume that it will have something to set it apart from the others.

44 minutes ago, maskjucks said:

What will be so special about Excalibur Umbra?

What will be different about him? Will it be almost the same as a prime and just have increased base stats and extra polarization slots or will i be something else?

He will have a scarf. Is that not enough for you? Do you even fashionframe?

30 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

1HZqU9U.jpg?1

I don't remember what polarities he comes with but the stats are almost the exact same to the prime and non prime versions. Honestly the huge reason why people want excal umbra so badly is because this is the closest anyone can get now to excal prime. I wish this would stop the "I demand excal prime to be brought back" blah blah threads you see all the time but hopefully it'll at least calm it down. 

edit- Those stats are obviously on China's version of Warframe and that means that DE may change it when it finally comes out for us.

Wait a second...ECALIBUR UMBRA STILL HAS SUPER JUMP! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

PS: I know, I know. It's probably just placeholder or the picture was taken before the rework. But a kuria can dream can't it?:sadcry:

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

1 minute ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Wait a second...ECALIBUR UMBRA STILL HAS SUPER JUMP! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

Excal Umbra was introduced before Excal's rework hit China servers. It's not there now.

Why would you even need clunky Super Jump when you can bulletjump for free?

16 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Considering they've been hyping the 'massive' lore implications and the uniqueness of the frame, I think its fair to assume that it will have something to set it apart from the others.

I guess there may be an additional mechanic for Umbra frames but then it would mean that Chinaframe still gets it, just later. General gameplay wise, I bet Excal Umbra will be the same Excal with fancy looks and better stats. I'm fine with it, playing a warframe variant shouldn't feel like playing different warframe, we already have many different frames for that.

36 minutes ago, SolaireTheSunWalker said:

And even Excal Prime is not much of an upgrade tbh

Only reason people want him is to say they have him I guess. Should have supported the game back then, simple as that

Just now, Ksaero said:

Excal Umbra was introduced before Excal's rework hit China servers. It's not there now.

Why would you even need clunky Super Jump when you can bulletjump for free?

Because I am one of the few people that liked that ability and part of the even bigger minority that doesn't spam Exalted Blade.

Also before the rework, Radial Javalin was more powerful, now it can't even one shot enemies beyond level 20 with deffault power strenght, so it might as well not be there because Radial Blind is a better stun and the point of Radial Javalin was clearing a room with one button which it doesn't do anymore.

Pre-Rework:

• Radial Blind - Stuns
  • Radial Javalin - Kills

After Rework:

• Both stun
  • Radial Javalin does it way worse and takes more energy for it

16 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Because I am one of the few people that liked that ability and part of the even bigger minority that doesn't spam Exalted Blade.

Also before the rework, Radial Javalin was more powerful, now it can't even one shot enemies beyond level 20 with deffault power strenght, so it might as well not be there because Radial Blind is a better stun and the point of Radial Javalin was clearing a room with one button which it doesn't do anymore.

Pre-Rework:

• Radial Blind - Stuns
  • Radial Javalin - Kills

After Rework:

• Both stun
  • Radial Javalin does it way worse and takes more energy for it

I'm not talking about Radial Javelin which now costs less that pre-rework RJ (75 vs 100) and is weaker because of it. Why would you want one of the most powerful abilities be replaced with the most useless one? Would you even stop using bullet jump in favor of this clunky, uncontrollable, energy consuming... thing?

Edited by Ksaero

26 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I'm not talking about Radial Javelin which now costs less that pre-rework RJ (75 vs 100) and is weaker because of it. Why would you want one of the most powerful abilities be replaced with the most useless one? Would you even stop using bullet jump in favor of this clunky, uncontrollable, energy consuming... thing?

I would still use Bullet Jump, I just rather have 1 ability (Super Jump) I never use unleass just for laughs instead of 2 (Radial Javalin and Exalted Blade), which is why I like Excalibur before the rework better.

Also the partical effects, I miss those.

PS: Super Jump will basically be a second Bullet Jump, think about the distance you can travel without ever touching the ground. Aviator master Race mate, besides you are also invisible after a Super Jump as long as you stay in the air, so you preaty much turn into a Stealth Fighter Jet.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

1 hour ago, HorridaMessor said:

Soontm

No, PoE Soontm according what I've seen Steve tweet and Periscope. Umbra hasn't been given the Soontm stamp of approval yet.

As for the original topic, there were plans to make them legitimately different from the normal and Prime versions so it's not just a reskin. But no details were given and whether or not that's still the case they haven't said because they stopped talking about Umbra all together besides confirming they hadn't canned the idea.

47 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Should have supported the game back then, simple as that

I honestly don't mean to be snarky or anything, but it really is not that simple.

Maybe some of us really wanted to support the game back then but couldn't afford to due to a case of real life issues and / or obligations? Or perhaps some of us only found out about the game after DE had already pulled the Founders Packs?

• Like 2