Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

9 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

It's not always about the increased stats. It's also about not having access to a 'prime' upgrade to a frame (me as collector), Excal could be someone's main and he can't get the golden version of his main coz of the Founders programme. Now I'm happy that Umbra will solve this issue visually(still gonna get bumped coz there's no 'prime' word attached with Umbra XD).

And he's not even much of a visual upgrade either, more like a really lazy skin

2 minutes ago, Corial said:

If you call that lazy then what you call Escalibur Prime? :clem:

That's what I'm referring to? He had gold accents on some parts and that's it and what little it has on its helmet looks kinda crap imo, like that stupid cage on Nxy Prime's helmet or Ash Prime's helmet

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

6 minutes ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

That's what I'm referring to? He had gold accents on some parts and that's it

Your answer was bit unclear because both Umbra and Escal Prime were mentioned by LogaMC1995.

I have seen way too many posts about Umbra being this and that recently that I am slowly thinking that do people actually read the OP for facts (and theories)?

Thread merging also confuses some people until they read it few times through or someone notifies about merge.

That aside; yes, older primes are visually less immersive. Umbra takes the design to very interesting direction, and I wonder how they are explained in lore once The Sacrifice finally comes to us.

Edited by Corial
Escalibur is pleased

5 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Actually, PC players do have an exclusive Excal skin. Called Onyx.

That must be from a fair while ago then....

edit: actually that appears to be steam exclusive which while on pc is no different to tennogen in my opinion. 

Edited by LSG501

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

That must be from a fair while ago then....

edit: actually that appears to be steam exclusive which while on pc is no different to tennogen in my opinion. 

It's the most recent skin and it's not gonna be released elsewhere (come on, don't you see the steam logo on the helmet?)

SO after completing harrow i noticed that blood splatter texts had something interesting 

Spoiler

for example the first splatter  reads "you cast him out"

but the orokin says "

cast out"

similarly the other blood splatters are different 

cast out- he suffers-blinded she-rejected him

though something i found interesting , was the manifested.dark operators can control frames & use frame powers outside of them ..its interesting , would be nice if they could battle with us , as the dark side of rell seemed protective of him 

24 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

It's the most recent skin and it's not gonna be released elsewhere (come on, don't you see the steam logo on the helmet?)

As I said that is a steam exclusive not a pc exclusive.  It's no different to tennogen items which can only be bought via steam, they're not pc exclusive, they're steam exclusive because you can't buy them on the pc without using steam (remember there is a standalone client for this game). 

34 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

As I said that is a steam exclusive not a pc exclusive.  It's no different to tennogen items which can only be bought via steam, they're not pc exclusive, they're steam exclusive because you can't buy them on the pc without using steam (remember there is a standalone client for this game). 

IMO it doesn't matter. It is available to PC players and not available to console players. A console player can't install Steam and get this skin.

5 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

IMO it doesn't matter. It is available to PC players and not available to console players. A console player can't install Steam and get this skin.

and a pc player can only get it if they play this game via steam.... therefore it's a steam exclusive not a pc exclusive.

Just now, LSG501 said:

and a pc player can only get it if they play this game via steam.... therefore it's a steam exclusive not a pc exclusive.

6 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

pc

steam

ps4

xbox

sub exclusivity everywhere , but this is getting a bit off topic 

10 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Jade skin is not an Xbox exclusive, it's Xbox Live exclusive. Obsidian skin is not PS4 exclusive, it's PSN exclusive. Steam is Warframe's official service. Would you feel better if Warframe on PC was only available through Steam? Would Onyx skin become a PC exclusive then? You can have a million reasons not to link your Warframe's account to Steam economy but the fact is you can get the skin at any moment. Console players can't have it no matter what they do.

8 minutes ago, Corial said:

Lets resume to the main topic;

Sacrifice.

So what we know so far, Umbra is upgrade dark frame who is like badass god of war and that he looks cool. And thats it....🤔

Edited by Vlada91

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

So what we know so far, Umbra is upgrade dark frame who is like badass god of war and that he looks cool. And thats it....🤔

They are supposed to be "dark primes", which could make sense. And if that is so, they may not possess the passive that lets them benefit from void death orbs, but something else, maybe even same stats as prime of the said warframe. 

If Prime benefits from Void, then what does Umbra benefit from?

Lets begin :orokin:

2 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

51 minutes ago, Corial said:

They are supposed to be "dark primes", which could make sense. And if that is so, they may not possess the passive that lets them benefit from void death orbs, but something else, maybe even same stats as prime of the said warframe. 

If Prime benefits from Void, then what does Umbra benefit from?

Lets begin :orokin:

well tennocon actually confirmed a few things 

1. umbras are infact orokin creations [teaser]
  2. something is going on with the moon ? [teaser] [reward sigils]
  3. ballas still exists/alive? maybe these are his new creations [art pannel]
  4.  presume you will need TWW>CoH to proceed to sacrifice, meaning you require the dark manifested operator...thing?

with those we have some confirmations and more questions, but per chains of harrow we also know the dark operator manifestations can control warframes themselves

they also reflect similar effects as stalker... and his ilk 

even if operator is possessing the frame ,the negative aspect can leave and attack of its own accord in defense of the operator /frame 

so a symbiotic relation of some sort exists or can ...

and still hope for umbra passive 

This has to end, Tenno.

This ship has corroded way too much, passed through enough hardships.

It is time for me to stop its painful wandering.

Appease your minds, Stricken Dreamers... this is not the one that turned you into what you are.

Come back to your dreams... Prepare a better future.

Umbra is coming.

Find the path. Stand united.

I believe this still can be a hint? I mean.. like we already know primes use the void orbs to get energy, maybe since they tested the stalker invasion system, maybe that system was just a way of testing what Umbra can do? invasion, sacrifice another tenno to get a boost on something? maybe something to do with the infested room we have on our ship? maybe our reputation with lotus, if operators were once concidered demons, maybe Umbra is that version? or even the sun and moon options from 2nd dream quest ?

Or just maybe, in order to have that power in our hands, we have to sacrifice the things we protect?

"Umbra is coming, find the path and stand united.."

2 minutes ago, Eminem37 said:

I believe this still can be a hint? I mean.. like we already know primes use the void orbs to get energy, maybe since they tested the stalker invasion system, maybe that system was just a way of testing what Umbra can do? invasion, sacrifice another tenno to get a boost on something? maybe something to do with the infested room we have on our ship? maybe our reputation with lotus, if operators were once concidered demons, maybe Umbra is that version? or even the sun and moon options from 2nd dream quest ?

Or just maybe, in order to have that power in our hands, we have to sacrifice the things we protect?

"Umbra is coming, find the path and stand united.."

naw was confirmed something they made up by them 

I think that if umbra is a shadow frame so if he walking in to shadow his passive is so that no 1 can see him. He can be in stealth and he can have more damage in shadow...or shadow can give him restore life and energy.

Edited by Vlada91