Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some design patterns that DE should stop using.

Atekron

1. Repetition. Do we really need to same thing tree times in the row? 

2. Gimmicks. Why not to built quest using your core game mechanic? Things that we do on a regular basis. I rather want to test my skills gained by playing game on a new enemies, powerful and fun bosses, and I want to see new environments, not some sort of card game (WTF?!).

3. Operators. Listen, I now it can be painfull, but DE you need to hear this: a lot of us don't like them, maybe majority, and some of us hate them (me) and think that they should not even appear at all in Warframe. 

edit: apparently a lot of people like operators, strikethrough some words

Edited by Atekron

2 minutes ago, Atekron said:

2. Gimmicks. Why not to built quest using your core game mechanic? Things that we do on a regular basis. I rather want to test my skills gained by playing game on a new enemies, powerful and fun bosses, and I want to see new environments, not some sort of card game (WTF?!).

3. Operators. Listen, I now it can be painfull, but DE you need to hear this: a lot of us don't like them, maybe majority, and some of us hate them (me) and think that they should not even appear at all in Warframe. 

You use the card system for about 3 times in the whole quest, and all is done really quickly for the sake of the story. Don't blow it more than it is needed .

The card game was used only once, and it was a nice touch on the context.

Also, Operators are basically the core of the lore now. They are required to do things by themselves, not just with their containers. Once in a while during quests is not bad at all (although I use them quite a lot in Kuva missions).

Your #1 and #2 are contradictory to each other.

#1 The game is based on grinding this isn't new.

#2 their core game mechanics are constantly evolving.

#3 d7d

5 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Operators are here to stay, you're going to have to suck it up.

yea, I already figured it out, but it would be nice if warframes quest would be about warframes and not some teens

8 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Don't blow it more than it is needed .

somebody need to say this, and card was just example of recurring pattern, other can be kuva guardians

Well, I agree on the gameplay matter and would pretty much like if DE stop pushing their "oh-so-original" and "fascinating" operators down my throat, thinking that extra pressure would make me like them (which will never happen)

Edited by Teloch

yea, I already figured it out, but it would be nice if warframes quest would be about warframes and not some teens

somebody need to say this, and card was just example of recurring pattern, other can be kuva guardians

whats so bad about a tactical unit where u need to adapt for the sak of your skin?

11 minutes ago, Atekron said:

It is about warframes... who are controlled by operators. As the story progresses there may be some twists about the frames themselves.

Most of the frame quests are more about the frames then the operators anyway. Limbo, chroma, mesa, titania, inaros... but guess what, the ones that aren't controlled by engineered infestation or sentients... had a kid somewhere controlling them.

Edited by rapt0rman

I have nothing with Operators. Especially in this quest, it really made sense, it was not something forced.

That would be better with enhanced mechanics (better energy management, visibility on remaining energy...), but I was fine with it.

6 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

It is about warframes... who are controlled by operators. As the story progresses there may be some twists about the frames themselves.

Most of the frame quests are more about the frames then the operators anyway.

how many of current playerbase even touch this game if it's was promoted as playing as emo-teen? how many like playing as operator vs plaing as warframe?

yea, most old quests

8 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Also, Operators are basically the core of the lore now. They are required to do things by themselves, not just with their containers. Once in a while during quests is not bad at all (although I use them quite a lot in Kuva missions).

Lore is one thing, gameplay is another.

When it comes to gameplay, it takes literally everything that WF is away and forces you jog in you pajamas for some reason. Don't dig Operator's movement or abilities. It's been months and often in kuva farming you can see people being clumsy with them. So yes, it would be *very* nice if DE would stop forcing this kind of boring bs that Operators and also archwings are upon players.

1 minute ago, Atekron said:

how many of current playerbase even touch this game if it's was promoted as playing as emo-teen? how many like playing as operator vs plaing as warframe?

yea, most old quests

Good thing you spend most of your time playing as a warframe then.

34 minutes ago, Atekron said:

I don't have the numbers to make that guess and neither do you, what you do have is an opinion though, which you're entitled to, but that's about it.

I personally will never look at a game that involves kids and automatically think badly of it. Hell, I grew up reading books like Ender's Game. Kids in stories =/= childish.

Edited by rapt0rman

especially when doing the Octavia quest and have to jump around that stupid thing THREE DAMN TIMES! It makes the whole quest drawn-out and unfun. Having to do every single thing three times is obnoxious to me and makes me think they couldn't come up with enough content for the actual quest so they just repeat everything.

I don't mind the operators, what I don't like is that you can't level them in any way so when you have to use them you pretty much insta-die to everything cause they're so weak. 

Edited by Owlette393

If they wanna make quests more fun then the problem lies with Warframe's most basic gameplay. No, the parkour 2.0 doesn't make it "unique". It's just some 3rd person call of duty with supepowers available for you to use. Parkour itself feels useless in close space and you are forced to tank damage. To improve this I would suggest DE to follow Platinum Games' example on 3rd person action games like Nier Automata, Metal Gear Rising and bayonetta.

Again, the basic gameplay is also the reason why repetition exist.

DE, while clearly starting to work more on operators, they need to realize that a good majority of the player-base hates them as CHILDREN. And before you shove that invalid "muh-hmymhuh void sotpped aging theory" against me, Chains of Harrow heavily hinted that Operators are still children. And even in War Within they displayed no clear signs of behavior an adult would do. Smart kid? Yeah but adult? No.

Operators should age physically, that's how I think it would be bearable for the good majority. And for those who love space kids for some reasons they can have an option that can revert their operators back in child form.

9 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

If they wanna make quests more fun then the problem lies with Warframe's most basic gameplay. No, the parkour 2.0 doesn't make it "unique". It's just some 3rd person call of duty with supepowers available for you to use. Parkour itself feels useless in close space and you are forced to tank damage. To improve this I would suggest DE to follow Platinum Games' example on 3rd person action games like Nier Automata, Metal Gear Rising and bayonetta.

Again, the basic gameplay is also the reason why repetition exist.

DE, while clearly starting to work more on operators, they need to realize that a good majority of the player-base hates them as CHILDREN. And before you shove that invalid "muh-hmymhuh void sotpped aging theory" against me, Chains of Harrow heavily hinted that Operators are still children. And even in War Within they displayed no clear signs of behavior an adult would do. Smart kid? Yeah but adult? No.

Operators should age physically, that's how I think it would be bearable for the good majority. And for those who love space kids for some reasons they can have an option that can revert their operators back in child form.

I'd have to disagree and say just a loud minority hate/refuse to accept that the operator is a teenager.

Warframe is about the operators, and personally im excited to see what they do with them in the future. and all the lore around them is actually pretty cool.

And if DE didnt add new mechanics to the game 95% of the player base would have gotten bored and left years ago. "oh look a new boss that I can 1 shot that ill have to farm 100 times" "cool a new environment that ill explore for all of 2 hours before it looses its 'new' factor"

While a lot of people might not think the new mechanics and content DE add are that great, it still keeps us coming back for more.

2 hours ago, NinthAria said:

Good thing you spend most of your time playing as a warframe then.

That will probably change after some Tennocon reveals. Devstreams sorta suggest something more involving Operators and gameplay.

1 hour ago, unCube said:

We need a way to power up the operator.
You press 5 - and you feel yourself weak

Feeling weak outside of the Warframe is kind of the point, but i do agree to an extent. I think the Operators should be glass cannons, be able to dodge roll without energy(my biggest gripe with them), and ETC.