Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven lottery

TenGaugeBoson

Every time I farm Kuva and play the riven roll lottery I rage quit.

Seriously this time I think I am done.

Why am I punished for playing the game?

Here is the philosophy....Work hard grind grind grind. save up all you kuva and then just toss it away with nothing to show for your efforts other than rage.

Why? Why can't we just reward people who put time and skill into something....

I find that it is a reflection of what is wrong with the world today . mankind is dominated by the flaws of capitalism.As the good parts of capitalism are marginalized the worst among us rise to power through the lottery of birth.

We are headed full speed straight into the jaws of actual Armageddon with full knowledge that that is what we are doing and as the few voices of reason speak out they are drowned out by the puppets of Machiavelli's  ghost with spite and disdain....and as the cliff gets closer and closer the world pretends that it is all just the way that it is and the people who make the rules know what is best and are truly looking out for them.

This it what kuva is to me. The sickness that resides inside humanities soul that will bring about nothing but the distopian future we all seem to think we deserve.

bleh I quit....

for at least a week.....

well I will be back to see if Baro has anything good.

Want my first melee riven? It was for the ceramic dagger.

In all serious, yeah it's getting pretty ridiculous how much RNG is in WF. The worst part is when you play for 2 hours and come away with nothing, making no progress. That's a feeling you never want your players to have, lose-lose.

There's always tomorrow though.

Edited by Skaleek

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Want my first melee riven? It was for the ceramic dagger.

In all serious, yeah it's getting pretty ridiculous how much RNG is in WF. The worst part is when you play for 2 hours and come away with nothing, making no progress. That's a feeling you never want your players to have, lose-lose.

We need a new word to describe how ridiculous RNG in WF really is....

But afaik the game is still played by many, so more like losers lose - DE wins.

Not to mention, now we have primary, secondary, AND melee rivens coming from sorties, that's further diluting the drop tables to get any one type.

Really there should be no type on rivens when you get them.  You put them in a weapon of the type you want, and completing the challenge is what gives you weapon slot, weapon name and stats.  It probably won't be for the weapon you used for unveiling, but if it was a primary, you get a primary riven.

Rivens are a completely optional, not at all required, and nigh pointless distraction that players at end game can choose whether or not to focus on if it suits their fancy. If it's making you rage why not just... oh I don't know... stop messing around with Rivens and be happy not using them?

I've never seen so many people get mad at an optional system and act like it was required so much in my life.

Not understanding why Rivens are a 100% RNG system is telling of people who don't understand how a f2p works.

Honestly with the amount of hate that people give Riven RNG, it seems like it would have been easier to just balance old weapons and not add Rivens at all. They aren't a necessary part of the game, you don't need Rivens to effectively play endgame.

Even though a lot of people complain about Rivens, a lot of those same people continue to work on them. You don't need to do them, you aren't entitled to a good result, but you keep doing it, and keep complaining. Don't complain that the swamp smells bad if you're gonna keep wading through it.

10 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Rivens are a completely optional, not at all required, and nigh pointless distraction that players at end game can choose whether or not to focus on if it suits their fancy. If it's making you rage why not just... oh I don't know... stop messing around with Rivens and be happy not using them?

I've never seen so many people get mad at an optional system and act like it was required so much in my life.

Not understanding why Rivens are a 100% RNG system is telling of people who don't understand how a f2p works.

I understand full well how F2P works, and rivens are DE sliding into the realm of Warframe being one of the bad F2P games.

This game is pretty much weapons as content (especially when it comes to ones with interesting mechanics), and because DE refused to rebalance and instead gave us rivens, many of them are now utterly reliant on riven mods to be viable in the game.

Putting rivens behind such a big RNG grindwall, that the only reasonable way to get one specific to a weapon you want to use, with usable stats, is to pay an inflated plat price, is no different from any other F2P game putting their content behind a paywall.

Edited by polarity

10 minutes ago, polarity said:

This game is pretty much weapons as content (especially when it comes to ones with interesting mechanics), and because DE refused to rebalance and instead gave us rivens, many of them are now utterly reliant on riven mods to be viable in the game.

And an example would be...? 

Yeah it sucks. I just got my first Melee riven and it's for the garbage weapon Shaku. Also after 5 rolls the BEST stats i got were channeling efficiency, channeling damage, and - attack speed. This shouldn't even be possible. Channeling is THE WORST mechanic in the game because it @(*()$ sucks, and I'm starting to realize status melee weapons are just trash in general, which the Shaku is

2 hours ago, polarity said:

This is not true at all. Near every weapon is was viable before Rivens. This is something I spoke out against when they did that first round of (unnecessary) buffs that included the Attica and Harpak. Despite what was said about these weapons as with most a catalyst and 4-7 forma will have them good to go for near anything, and by near anything I mean everything besides going 2+ hours into endless. Were/are they the most powerful possible weapons? Obviously not, but it doesn't take the most powerful to be easily viable.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

24 minutes ago, polarity said:

I understand full well how F2P works, and rivens are DE sliding into the realm of Warframe being one of the bad F2P games.

Putting rivens behind such a big RNG grindwall, that the only reasonable way to get one specific to a weapon you want to use, with usable stats, is to pay an inflated plat price, is no different from any other F2P game putting their content behind a paywall.

Bad F2P games are pay-to-win, that is, you NEED to PAY to get anywhere. Rivens aren't necessary, and even if you want to get one, you can get them for free in Sorties, and trading doesn't require actually purchasing plat; you can trade for it. There's no paywall, just some difficulty in a game that you don't have to pay for to fully experience.

There are indeed some weapons that aren't worth talking about without a Riven (although just about every weapon can perform at SOME level, progression becomes the issue there), but you can't tell me that you hate the Riven system because it's hard to do Rivens as a fixing mechanic, rather than just making god-rivens for meta guns. It doesn't take 50 rolls to get stats that will make a mid-tier gun good ("good" as in level 80-100, anything past that is unnecessary and irrelevant). 

Besides that, it's not like the game is pay-to-win if you can't take the Harpak to a Sortie or anything like that. Paywalls stop you; one weapon out of 300+ not being able to kill everything in the game isn't a wall, it's a thumbtack on a footpath.

"inflated" plat price? that's set by the players, not DE. You can't even buy any specific aspect of Rivens other than technically a resource booster for Kuva, the rest is player trading, and if DE were to interfere with that then it would cause more problems that it solves. Free market and all.

Rivens are just soul crushing slot machines for those of us that have really nothing else left in the game. 

I always think that the real test in this game is to stay away from them.

Rivens are the best example of RNG in this game. You can sometimes get something good, but most of the times it'll be terrible. Just like with most games that have a similar system like Rivens implemented. They're not really necessary though. Don't want to bother rolling them? Just sell veiled rivens for some platinum and then buy something decent from what you save up. 

14 hours ago, polarity said:

If you're playing hour long survivals or high-end defense missions, sure. Otherwise I don't know what you're doing to require rivens for normal gameplay or even Sorties for that matter. 

19 hours ago, polarity said:

Really there should be no type on rivens when you get them.  You put them in a weapon of the type you want, and completing the challenge is what gives you weapon slot, weapon name and stats.  It probably won't be for the weapon you used for unveiling, but if it was a primary, you get a primary riven.

this is actually a pretty good idea :)

20 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

Honestly with the amount of hate that people give Riven RNG, it seems like it would have been easier to just balance old weapons and not add Rivens at all. They aren't a necessary part of the game, you don't need Rivens to effectively play endgame.

Even though a lot of people complain about Rivens, a lot of those same people continue to work on them. You don't need to do them, you aren't entitled to a good result, but you keep doing it, and keep complaining. Don't complain that the swamp smells bad if you're gonna keep wading through it.

This feels true to me. I wouldn't be upset if they removed rivens from the game.

even if they didn't compensate me for the ones I already have. granted I only have 3 so far so im not as invested in rivens as some other tenno would be. like someone who has 25+ rivens.

23 hours ago, TenGaugeBoson said:

Every time I farm Kuva and play the riven roll lottery I rage quit.

Seriously this time I think I am done.

Why am I punished for playing the game?

Here is the philosophy....Work hard grind grind grind. save up all you kuva and then just toss it away with nothing to show for your efforts other than rage.

Why? Why can't we just reward people who put time and skill into something....

I find that it is a reflection of what is wrong with the world today . mankind is dominated by the flaws of capitalism.As the good parts of capitalism are marginalized the worst among us rise to power through the lottery of birth.

We are headed full speed straight into the jaws of actual Armageddon with full knowledge that that is what we are doing and as the few voices of reason speak out they are drowned out by the puppets of Machiavelli's  ghost with spite and disdain....and as the cliff gets closer and closer the world pretends that it is all just the way that it is and the people who make the rules know what is best and are truly looking out for them.

This it what kuva is to me. The sickness that resides inside humanities soul that will bring about nothing but the distopian future we all seem to think we deserve.

bleh I quit....

for at least a week.....

well I will be back to see if Baro has anything good.

Want an advice? Don't farm kuva. Use the time you spend kuva farming and use it to trade. Don't play sorties for rewards, play em for credits and fun. That way you are never dissapointed. I am  two mods away from having good to "godlike" rivens for all mine favorite prim. sec. and melee.  A lot of experiment projects aswell. Just missing Atterax and Jet and I'll buy those 2 aswell a bit later when prices get back to Earth. Don't play hard, play smart. Oh, and idea is to play to entertain yourself and kill some time... For everything else there's trade chat or wf trade forum.

Wait till you spend 150k Kuva trying to get a functional Crit SImulor Riven only to have DE completely change the weapon and waste your time.

While I'm not completely against the RNG nature of Rivens;  Kuva acquisition methods got old within the first week.

Rivens are about as optional as Primed Mods, Primed Weapons or progression in general. 

You don't have to use that Primed Continuity or Max that Vitality but you're going to, aren't you? Because that's how we play the game.

Rivens are no different. They don't simply "Bring new life to old weapons". They create powerful weapons. Have you seen Serro, Tonbo, Tipedo, Dragon Nikana or Gazal lately? Sicarus Prime? Kohm? Torrid? Zarr? These are some of the most powerful weapons in the game, thanks to Rivens.

Soma Prime, Galantine Prime, Lex Prime, what's that junk?