Follow up towards your old question for the caves :

There are stuff in them

On 9/19/2017 at 3:12 AM, phoenix1992 said:

1) Lighting
2) Various textures
3) Enemies
4) Loot and resources
5) Kuria type of objectives!

I was actually pretty close on the money. There is the thing with the doors we have yet to have a full understanding of.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)ShadowBlood89 said:

with the cross tree passives gonna be a major game changer for sure. 

It does seem like universal, streamlined 2.0 version of focus passives has step 1 of 2 reworked in a great way.

Step 2 of 2: Unique abilities in each tree that are powerful and varied and useful.

Mission/Task-specific differentiation FTW.

Your move, DE.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

It does seem like universal, streamlined 2.0 version of focus passives has step 1 of 2 reworked in a great way.

Step 2 of 2: Unique abilities in each tree that are powerful and varied and useful.

Mission/Task-specific differentiation FTW.

Your move, DE.

What's step 1

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

They previewed it last night. There are two steps to the focus tree and you can have cross passive. So in other words a little Madurai with a little Zenurik. Its was fascinating. 

The dev workshop will be up today as well. 

Mh... Interesting. Looking forward to read it before making judgements. 

10 hours ago, Jfalz said:

I'm still curious if there will be any really challenging content for well-geared players.  Nighttime seemed a bit more dangerous and I guess we haven't seen a real Eidolon fight yet....not that I would really want that spoiled for me :scared:  

This is my main concern. PoE looks like something made for new players. I'll probably need just a few rounds to see the events, but it won't be fun long term at all fighting easy Earth level enemies.

I really wish they made a way for it to scale or allowed us to choose a veteran version of the plains that at least make day equal to night.

Edited by Hypernaut1

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is my main concern. PoE looks like something made for new players. I'll probably be able to need around a few times to see the events, but it won't be fun long term at all fighting easy Earth level enemies.

I really wish they made a way for it to scale or allowed us to choose a veteran version of the plains that at least make day equal to night.

Right.  Will it be as satisfying flying around clearing handfuls of easy enemies when we could just boot up a survival and take on a constant army of hard enemies?

29 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is my main concern. PoE looks like something made for new players. I'll probably need just a few rounds to see the events, but it won't be fun long term at all fighting easy Earth level enemies.

They've stated multiple times that the enemies scaled based on your distance from the tower. I won't pretend to know how much, but Meg and Reb were facing the easiest enemies while cheesing, so we'll see where they take this. 

4 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

They've stated multiple times that the enemies scaled based on your distance from the tower. I won't pretend to know how much, but Meg and Reb were facing the easiest enemies while cheesing, so we'll see where they take this. 

I do know the amount of enemies will scale with MR, not sure the spawn rates.  But as far as level, you are right we will see I'm sure.

Just now, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

I do know the amount of enemies will scale with MR, not sure the spawn rates.  But as far as level, you are right we will see I'm sure.

I would prefer if enemy numbers remained relatively static, but enemy level scaled with MR. What's that? You're an MR 20 badass with a build that's eaten more than a dozen Forma? Congratulations, for you the default Grineer trooper on the Plains starts at level 50-60.

11 hours ago, Jfalz said:

I'm still curious if there will be any really challenging content for well-geared players.  Nighttime seemed a bit more dangerous and I guess we haven't seen a real Eidolon fight yet....not that I would really want that spoiled for me :scared:  

Well... 

Operator combat is DE's way of starting of with a blank slate, a second chance to design combat. 

Conversely, since no one introduces such a paradigmatic shift without reason, it's also an admission that they've driven themselves into such a corner that's nigh' impossible to make mainstream Warframe combat challenging while still being geared up to max. 

Because truth being, with or without focus passives, you can find ways to cheese your way up the enemy levels until you are bored beyond reason - the fact the only argument people in the forums have to defend that challenge can exist is by simulating it through self-hindrance illustrates exactly that. 

Which means:

1) if you expect challenge during the day time, you'll get the same you get on any other place on the starchart. That is to say, little to none if you do not actively gimp yourself to have it

2) if you expect challenge during the night time, that is fully dependent on how DE executes Operator combat - namely, if they learn from the four years and a half Warframe has existed for, and if they control their urges to power creep stuff. 

20 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Well... 

Operator combat is DE's way of starting of with a blank slate, a second chance to design combat. 

Conversely, since no one introduces such a paradigmatic shift without reason, it's also an admission that they've driven themselves into such a corner that's nigh' impossible to make mainstream Warframe combat challenging while still being geared up to max. 

Because truth being, with or without focus passives, you can find ways to cheese your way up the enemy levels until you are bored beyond reason - the fact the only argument people in the forums have to defend that challenge can exist is by simulating it through self-hindrance illustrates exactly that. 

Which means:

1) if you expect challenge during the day time, you'll get the same you get on any other place on the starchart. That is to say, little to none if you do not actively gimp yourself to have it

2) if you expect challenge during the night time, that is fully dependent on how DE executes Operator combat - namely, if they learn from the four years and a half Warframe has existed for, and if they control their urges to power creep stuff. 

They could have rebalanced the combat system with damage 3.0, but they were afraid of negative player reactions if they took away Primed weapon mods.

Basically, a big part of the issue that a lot of the folks playing Warframe seemingly really do want Warframe to be a complete cakewalk in its gameplay, where you might as well stroll through 99% of everything with no challenge whatsoever, and then pull the lever of the slot machine at the end of the mission to see if you get the shiny loot. A big part of the player community don't so much want Warframe to be an interesting game as they want it to be a better and better fruit machine/Skinner box.

Ayyyy bruh, picture this:

- Damage 3.0 changes the way weapon modding works away from simply stacking for the biggest numbers possible, but sets a flat damage per weapon and then ties all damage bonuses beyond that to using elemental conversion mods correctly, and locks in extra damage with playstyle, as in more damage for scoped shots vs no scoped or vice versa, linking to things like headshots, weak points, engagement ranges, quick melee vs Stance melee, all that kind of thing.

- With damage standardised, rework enemy scaling to not be ridiculous at higher levels. Give all enemies a tenacity stat which reduces the duration of CC effects on them per level, so that at high levels you can't just switch off the enemy and keep them that way for nearly thirty seconds at a time.

- Endless missions are fun, but have turned out to be basically cancer for the game's mechanical development in terms of how they encourage people to think about scaling and objectives. Instead, make all default missions longer, with multiple optional objectives which require varying levels of skill to complete. Encourage more stealth and precision.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

Confirmed- focus workshop today. 

Confirmed- Operators focus does synergies with your Warframe. (At least one)

Confirmed-no change to how the operators run. 

Who else is watching the PoE dev build? 

What are your thoughts? 

I was watching last night while I was running my syndicate missions.  I made it about 5 minutes into the stream before I just paused my game and intently watched.

As far as gameplay and what is to come I am hyped and hype could get.  Looks amazing imo and can't wait to get my hands on it.

12 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

They could have rebalanced the combat system with damage 3.0, but they were afraid of negative player reactions if they took away Primed weapon mods.

Basically, a big part of the issue that a lot of the folks playing Warframe seemingly really do want Warframe to be a complete cakewalk in its gameplay, where you might as well stroll through 99% of everything with no challenge whatsoever, and then pull the lever of the slot machine at the end of the mission to see if you get the shiny loot. A big part of the player community don't so much want Warframe to be an interesting game as they want it to be a better and better fruit machine/Skinner box.

Oh, I know. God, do I know that. The only thing I might disagree, is how many players trully like Warframe as a cake walk. By that I mean, I know that they are vocal as hell, and that they are a big enough group for DE to fear their perceived predictable backlash, but not big enough for them not to waste a lot of resources and creativity on creating a whole new game mode for appeasing the ones that want challenge. 

That's my take on it at least. 

3 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Oh, I know. God, do I know that. The only thing I might disagree, is how many players trully like Warframe as a cake walk. By that I mean, I know that they are vocal as hell, and that they are a big enough group for DE to fear their perceived predictable backlash, but not big enough for them not to waste a lot of resources and creativity on creating a whole new game mode for appeasing the ones that want challenge. 

That's my take on it at least. 

Personally, I'm not asking that it becomes hardcore in difficulty, I'm just asking that the gameplay presents risk. 

If I'm nigh invincible for a majority of the map, what fun is that? 

All I ask is to make them enemies 1st sortie level and scale out to last sortie enemy level. I'm not asking to fight lvl 160 enemies that OHK me.

Edited by Hypernaut1