Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

16 minutes ago, -IDWS-DarkWar.RD said:

when "PLAINS OF EIDOLON"  deployed on PC, Will LOW-END spec PC be able to play it??

Since not all WARFRAME fans has high-end Spec PC.....

in this case mine:

============================================

Intel i3-2350M - 2.30 GHz

6GB of RAM

INTEL HD Graphic 3000

============================================

Uh hate to break it to you but I really don't think your rig is going to cut it...

Trust me I used to play on my HP Pavilion 17 which had pretty much the same specs and it ran just barely at 40 FPS inb4 crashing.

I bought a new HP Pavilion with an Intel i7-6500U, 12GB RAM, and a Nvidia GeForce 940MX for around 500 bucks (it was on sale) and it runs the game pretty smoothly even on the new Earth tileset.

Having a dedicated graphics card really makes the difference with these sorts of games. The Nvidia GeForce 940MX is probably the most budget GPU you can get for a laptop but it works.

Edited by Tricky5hift

Oh dear god...

THIS IS OPEN WORLD... I... I cant believe i actually have to explain that open world and MMO are not the same thing, you can have an open world 4 man instance. Just like you can have open world offline games like skyrim.

Seriously feel like the IQ of the players is dropping over time.

First: Congrats on your second TennoCon. I hope all who attended enjoyed the event.

Second: 

Eidolon looks really cool. To the point where I plan on giving it a try once its available. In fact I cannot wait to give it a go.

At the same time, I have one (minor) concern: Once players get a taste of Warframe in an Open World with quests and dynamic enemy encounters...changes are good that a large swathe of your veterans will ONLY want to do this. As in...say goodbye to the rest of the game for those players; they will by and large have no interest in it.

I hope DE is ready for this. I hope they have other environments on the cusp of relase. Corpus and even Void tiles, maybe? But at the very least, once this is a thing, Warframe will NEED to add more such environments. Which probably wont be an issue, of course, but time will tell.

Either way, congrats again. It took some serious courage, and time, to move away from past designs and into something this different for the game. It looks cool and has even me eager to jump in and try it out.

So we were already shown that there will be archwing to use as travel but will their be any other methods to travel? I remeber a few streams back that they mentioned the possibilty of being able to have access to the corpus hover board as a deployable which would be really cool and allow players to mix up how they travel. Also we don't know how large the area we are getting is so I am also wondering whether it will contain a fast travel mecdhanic of some sort. Lastly will this open world link to anything other than the settlement? Could we potentially use the open world to enter the missions as well?

2 hours ago, Eliberous said:

Clearly DE are masters at sticking to their own deadlines.

I'm expecting this to be a buggy, unplayable mess that will be brushed aside like Archwing was when people were hyped for it.

or they are trying to take the game in a new direction. if this turns out to be good they might try and make a big open map for every planet.

Some practical questions:

1)Is this going to be endgame, i,e, how will the scaling be?

2)Given the relay status, will it be hosted on a server or be handled peer-to-peer?

3)How will it be instanced? How many Tenno will be on there at the same time?

4)How will the mastery xp of the custom weapons be handled?

5)Can it be solo-ed?

6)How will mission structures be handled? Quests?

Some Lore questions:

1)Are all orokin towers living? Why are they biomechanical? What sustains their biological processes?

2)How is their flesh used? As food?

3)Why do they need to worry about freshwater when we see abundant streams and waterfalls?

4)Does the tower regenerate?  Or will it one-day be stripped bare, and what will happen to the city then?

One of the big unanswered question is how all these mix-and-match weapons will fit in to the mastery system. Will each possible variant be counted as a separate weapon? Will there be just one umbrella category for all weapons made with this system? Will they count at all?

I don't suppose anything has been said about this be DE?

Well, in the demo we did see a couple grineer(?) units using what appeared to be a personal speeder transport, and it would seem that the tradition is "well if we code it into the game for enemies, we might as well give it to the players". The only weapons that I think that isn't true for right now is the nox gun (which the devs said would probably get added as a player weapon soon) and the napalm gun, so I find it likely that we'd eventually get a speeder system like the landing craft system.

I can only imagine it will be the umbrella effect as the multiple possible combinations would result in an absolutely massive amount of possible mastery in a short time if it was otherwise.

(in addition if the weapon changed types but it kept level it would cause issues i imagine.)

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

13 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

2)Given the relay status, will it be hosted on a server or be handled peer-to-peer?

3)How will it be instanced? How many Tenno will be on there at the same time?

These are very interesting questions. They may have very well shown is dedicated servers for the pve aspect of the game. Which would be huge.

Anyway, what they showed us was seamless instance transitioning. In that corridor they moved from one instance (the relay) to another instance (the plains). Technically, it's exactly the same as a loading screen, it just doesn't interrupt you. I've seen seamless instance transitioning in MMOs before, but never in a peer2peer game.

I'm not sure if seamless instance transitions can be made with peer2peer too, because you need to move from one connection - that to the relay server, to that to the other peer. Unless of course... they figured out how to make that seamless. Which is not impossible, mind you. Seamless host migrations sound kinda awesome. 

7 hours ago, Redthirst said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up for it being an actual end-game content, unless they do a huge rebalance.

Well the way they made night time sound was like a get the hell out for them but for us they said it's something we'd do because of the challenge, so I'm not expecting it to be that hard at first but eventually I think they might make it more end game, where as players who just want to get mats etc can stick around during day just worrying about grineer then once night time comes the place becomes dangerous and end game players come out for some fun as the mob count increases heavily, sentients come out (which would be nice if there is new sentient type enemies) and maybe enemies being higher level.

Edited by iMalicious

13 minutes ago, -----.__.G.O.D.__.----- said:

Hear me out everyone, because now that DE has an open world plain, I think it would be awesome if they implemented a PVP system in there because the gameplay can resemble pvp from halo and battlefield.
What do all of you think?

Nope. Id rather stop playing if they do that. WF is not a pvp game, get over it.

4 minutes ago, Shichibukai88 said:

Nope. Id rather stop playing if they do that. WF is not a pvp game, get over it.

Why would you quit? I'm very confused because they already have conclave, they just have to have a different server that runs the PvP. Sorta like the relay but for PvP so why should it affect you if you don't want to PvP.

Edited by -----.__.G.O.D.__.-----

35 minutes ago, iMalicious said:

Well the way they made night time sound was like a get the hell out for them but for us they said it's something we'd do because of the challenge, so I'm not expecting it to be that hard at first but eventually I think they might make it more end game, where as players who just want to get mats etc can stick around during day just worrying about grineer then once night time comes the place becomes dangerous and end game players come out for some fun as the mob count increases heavily, sentients come out (which would be nice if there is new sentient type enemies) and maybe enemies being higher level.

The issue is that at this point, I'm not convinced that there's anything that devs can throw it us that won't get completely cheesed. Devs also said that Sentients would be challenging, but that's not really the case.

37 minutes ago, -----.__.G.O.D.__.----- said:

Why would you quit? I'm very confused because they already have conclave, they just have to have a different server that runs the PvP. Sorta like the relay but for PvP so why should it affect you if you don't want to PvP.

Again, WF isnt a pvp game stop trying to put that into the game when it really doesnt need more than Conclave.

Hmm, I wonder if it's name is connected to something about it. 

"In ancient Greek literature, an eidolon is a spirit-image of a living or dead person; a shade or phantom look-alike of the human form." 

So what kind of apparitions live in the plains? 

5 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Hmm, I wonder if it's name is connected to something about it. 

"In ancient Greek literature, an eidolon is a spirit-image of a living or dead person; a shade or phantom look-alike of the human form." 

So what kind of apparitions live in the plains? 

Sentients? Since you call them shades of Hunhow.