The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

Just now, Kalvorax said:

Operator only vehicles?

warframe already have archwings after all

Operator vehicles would be cool but only if we'll be spending lots of time playing solely as our operator. 

10 minutes ago, Aveu said:

Not for us obviously, our Warframes and archwings are our vehicles. 

But what about grineer tanks? We are always destroying them in sabotage but never seeing them in action. Will we be seeing NPC vehicles in PoE? Robots? Warframe Zero Dawn? 

I'd like to see enemy vehicles that we can hop into. I don't see what's so wrong with that. We're dealing with an open world here. If you don't have a lot of "toys" to use in the open world, then it'll be dull and the experience won't be as diverse and interesting.

7 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

I'd like to see enemy vehicles that we can hop into. I don't see what's so wrong with that. We're dealing with an open world here. If you don't have a lot of "toys" to use in the open world, then it'll be dull and the experience won't be as diverse and interesting.

That's true, I just placed that bit there so someone else wouldn't bring it up as an argument lol. 

56 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

how about Operator only vehicles?

warframe already have archwings after all

Yes operator with some badass bike 😏😉👏👌😊 🏇🚴🏎🏍🐂🐫🐉🐲

Edited by Vlada91

10 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

"The Liset", we log into the Liset, the Orbiter is everything below the lowering ramp.

The Liset-looking upper section might not actually be the Liset itself. And roughly half of the options were located in the lower section even back then.

I wonder what's going on in these two big tents,and this tower in the middle....

NQKas07.jpg

maybe armor for operator and for warframes.... :laugh:

That looks like the entrance to the tower

q80Z1m3.jpg

Edited by Vlada91

On 7/12/2017 at 8:09 AM, Rakiss said:

I'm curious as to what archwings people will be using in PoE. 
As I see it:

Odonata:
-The shield will be alright, good for tanking bases. 
-Flares will be entirely useless.
-Missiles will be pretty good for nuking enemies on the ground, but the 4th ability probably won't see much use due to it being radial rather than targeted.

Elytron:
-Lots of missiles, should be the best at nuking groups of enemies.
-Another useless anti-missile ability.
-Not as fast as other archwings if I remember correctly.

Itzal:
-Teleport will make it the fastest way of crossing the map.
-Invisibility is inferior to all non-archwing invisibility, probably not worth it.
-3rd ability may see some use as a weak avalanche stand-in if augmented.
-I don't see the drones being especially useful unless you stay low.

Amesha:
-Able to block 15 instances of damage on self or ally - this will be OP if it affects ground targets.
-Defensive form of bullet attractor that heals and has an invincible snowglobe in the middle - again, probably pretty OP if it affects ground targets.
-Radial, channelled slow and status immunity - I'm noticing a bit of a theme here.
-Long-duration buff that boosts allies' power range and strength plus converts all damage taken into energy - do I even need to say it?

So yeah, amesha seems like it could be better than pre-nerf trinity. Itzal and Elytron seem fun. Odonata... is there too I guess.

So......since we're outdoors with lots of space. You don't believe there will be....any missile launchers? Not even as Ant-Eidolon batteries to defend against attacks?

12 hours ago, LABAL said:

The Liset-looking upper section might not actually be the Liset itself. And roughly half of the options were located in the lower section even back then.

It was explicitly stated as being so literally on the Devstream that introduced it, and the Devstream before the update launched.

Navigation/market/codex is on the Liset, mods, incubator, arsenal, foundry relics are in the Orbiter.

https://youtu.be/KRRWH6bE6h0?t=3522

We don't have that cutscene...

When Ordis says "Oh y'know like, what a mess, they've made a mess of the orbiter compartment", the Liset actually has like a...

It docks to this other object and that's what you walk down into. That's not the Liset you're walking down into, that's what Ordis calls the orbiter compartment

Edited by SilentMobius

On 9/7/2017 at 1:21 AM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

What I'm wondering is how jarring it'll feel going from that open world area back to the small, confined spaces on outposts. Talking about the Corpus/Grineer/Orokin planetary tilesets.

Makes me wonder if those tiles could potentially be implemented in an open world area version of the same location.

While that would be great, i think it would require a total overhaul of the procedural generation system lest we get completely jarring nonsensical locations that clash with the structure of the Landscape. 

Would still be cool tho. 

On 7/13/2017 at 5:12 AM, Littleman88 said:

The problem with endgame is that people rush to beat it, and once they do, they turn around and go "where's the end game?"

It a conundrum for developers, and they typically fall into one of two approaches:

1. They're constantly developing a new carrot.

2. They ignore the "end game" players and focus on a game play loop.

In the end, the player looking to get all of the best stuff and beat the very toughest content will eventually win, and then ask when they'll get something more.  It's a lose-lose situation for everyone.  It just isn't worth it to keep developing for players like that, especially considering they're the small minority of players to boot but they scream the loudest because they know what they want and they're the One's that hit a very real wall in terms of "things to do" in their mind.

The guys taking the MK1-Braton (seriously, why is the metal trim tied to color #1?) and formaing the crap out of it though or modding a Lex, Magnus, or Pandero in such a way as to make it feel similar to the Lato?  They'll find ways to keep themselves entertained just fine.

And for what it's worth, you don't have to throw on all the damage onto every weapon and cheese your way through everything.  It isn't that the modding system leaves no room for customization, it's that people obsess over power, when that power is ridiculously over compensating for the standard issue content we regularly see released.

Well it depends on your game design.

If you had a game like World of Warcraft -there was a period where people said "The game doesnt start UNTIL Endgame!" and that was all people cared about. It was not long ago I think around Legion release where they said they wanted expansions roughly annually. Legion came out in September 16 and  it was in Jul we got what is supposed to be the last, or second to last patch (barring something as expansion filler like Ruby Sanctum). For people that want Endgame, WoW always has an Endgame. 

22 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

I have to disagree with you. Warframe's problem isnt that it lacks challenge. It isn't that the game is too easy. It's that the gameplay itself is so shallow and so limited and so linear. Simply put, it's boring. It's simplistic. Warframe is a game that focuses solely on getting reward items. Progression is designed around it. Rework are designed around it. Every new feature is designed around it. Even DE's current Plains of Eidolon plans involve reward items. So, when you have collected everything there is to collect, there is nothing left to do. Endgame doesn't matter as long as reward items are the only focus.

That needs to change. Warframe needs to focus on gameplay, not on reward items. That is where it could learn from some open world games. Warframe needs to be primarily about the gameplay experience. Features need to be designed to make that experience as fun, immersive, accessible, and interactive as possible. IMO, the experience Warframe needs to evoke is that of super powered warriors fighting a war against these large, system-wide threats (Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Sentients). That encapsulates and integrates everything in the game so far into a singular focus. In short: Put the "war" in Warframe. That's where the open world comes in. The open world is the perfect place to experience this.

But I thought weapons and loot motivated every fancy free murder hobo in the galaxy?

Now, it would have been totally different if there had been say....player factions from the outset that were at "war" with each other.

Edited by BetaNoire

12 hours ago, BetaNoire said:

So......since we're outdoors with lots of space. You don't believe there will be....any missile launchers? Not even as Ant-Eidolon batteries to defend against attacks?

Come to think of, I seem to recall seeing a missile pod get fired off several times in the gameplay demo.

7 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

I think they called those mortars.

Probably. I'll go back and check.

EDIT: I didn't hear them say "mortars" at the time they were being fired, but it would make sense for those to be mortars, judging by the firing arc.

Edited by OmegaShadowcry