Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

Just now, BPNPC said:

Hype levels are critical after Tennocon, but remember that DE has a history of their reach exceeding their grasp. Remember how amazing Starchart 3.0 was? Remember how amazing all the new frames were going to be? Remember how great Focus was going to be? Remember how game-changing Archwing was supposed to be? 

The open world promised by Plains of Eidolon is bigger than anything DE has ever announced, and there is a 100% it's going to ship as a buggy, unplayable mess, then get a dozen hotfixes to actually make it playable, only for it to be turn out mediocre or just plain bad...if it ever releases at all. Announcement said it was going to be 2017, and we all know how great DE is at keeping deadlines.

DE is doing once again what they've always been good at: building hype. But remember that they've never actually delivered on that hype. Be on the right side of history. Temper your expectations.

im totally content with anything Plains of eidolon brings. its a far new approach to warframe and no matter what they do with it i feel i couldnt be mad with what ive seen already. nami solo nami skyla prime epidemic is far more serious though

In Destiny 1, each open world area can have a max of 8 characters. I would guess they would do the same in the open world combat areas where the player count is less than 10. I don't know how many Tenno a Tenno Relays can have but it looks to be way more than 20. The town will probably have a larger player count then the open world combat areas. 

I think they said squads would be 4 though.

2 hours ago, iMalicious said:

God yeah I just wish I knew how soon, I want this next week lol. I'll be spending all my time out there especially at night time when things become hectic and all the grineer flee, FINALLY THE END GAME CONTENT I WANT.

I did notice though there was a quantity on Archewing there in the item wheel, so I'm thinking these are new and have to be possibly crafted?

it will be similar to the air support charges and possibly they will make a new terminal in your orbiter somewhere for future use in this considering the new resources etc.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The stupid burns. If ever there was a good reason to make use of archwing assets it is this, and the smooth transition between flying, and even being able to shoot enemies on the ground with your archwing weapon looked amazing. 

I think finally archwing will be reaching its full potential here, some people are just too blinded by hatred to see it. 

thats the thing the were using there normal warframe weapons on that part not the archwing ones because he changed to the akstilleto mid flight

18 minutes ago, mrecentric said:

My idea of what makes Warframe fun:

1. Quickly choose between short mission types and equipment loadouts on small randomized maps.

2. Kill things.

3. Repeat.

4. Get new things.

1: With how quickly you can mount your wing, get to where you need to go, and then dismount, the large map shouldn't be a problem unless you're not comfortable with the gear wheel and/or gear hotkeys, which you should already have assigned how you like by now because Restores are a thing. Personally I'm looking forward to a map that I can actually move and see in as opposed to the pitch black guts of a Grineer Galleon or Infested Corpus Ship. Worst tilesets ever.

2: Still plenty of that.

3: Now you apparently don't even have to exit the tile to get your swag/loot. Streamline!

4: See above.

15 minutes ago, mrecentric said:

Again we lack sufficient information. I certainly hope that's not the case but we don't know.

That's incredibly presumptuous of you. It's a new area, like Lua or the Kuva Fortress or Iron Wake, not "Tilesets 2.0."

14 minutes ago, mrecentric said:

No. I miss the good old days where new weapons came out weekly with new Warframes at most monthly and new tilesets quarterly at most, and all of that without prime / vandal / whatever variants.

You mean back when weapons and frames were considered actual content? That hasn't been the case for a long time, and it's not something to mourn.

18 minutes ago, mrecentric said:

Open world requires too much time investment, too much exploration, and not enough variety.

And this is rich coming from the guy who likes the old RNG-based level generation system of "Aside from the bread crumbs objective marker I have no idea where to go on this mission because I've seen this exact same tile for the past 2 years' worth of missions and they've all bled together in my memory, and also I have to spend 30 minutes on an Exterminate or Sabotage just to find caches."

Edited by Dreddeth
Felt clunky to read. Should be clearer now.

Nah what I remember is the greatness of the main quests, the current starchart is still by FAR better then the round sphery thing that was a hell to navigate with a horrendous progression path.

You just have the problem of not actually fitting in as a player with the direction they take. sorry if that ruins it for you. No need to try and knock other people into a dead world.

35 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AntiCaesar said:

What if we could have a legion of Tenno fighting together, not as a 4-man squad, but as a true MMO style.

Yeah no. Every MMO ever created has this problem. A chaotic mass of people spamming a boss for 5 minutes until he dies and drops RNG loot. Visually that's just boring and quickly looses its "epicness" in favor of a feeling of relative impotence. In a 4 man squad you can make a dent into the enemy boss, no problem, but in a mob of 30 with an appropriately scaled enemy whatever you do will feel extremely weak.

I hate to be that kind of guy, but all i get out of this thread is this so far :

"warframe development/update cycle too slow" -- you haven't played a lot of games the past 10 years, did you? Warframe is one of the fastest, most frequently updated games.

"i want to zoom through missions as fast as possible with as less effort as possible and get shiny stuff at the end, if possible with the highest drop chance" -- ..... this aint a casual mobile game and this type of "playing" has been a problem in warframe for the longest time.

"i want more weapons and frames every week" -- yeah, no. i'd rather have 25 weapons that all feel differently and have unique mechanics every year than 1000 that all feel and play the same, have the same mechanics, and just look differently.

Dont try to kill well deserved hype. DE waited on revealing for that reason. Plus, i think this reveal brings more hype for what warframe can evolve into.

It shows that the warframe we know now could just be the tip of the iceberg.

Edited by Ker-Blammo

2 minutes ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

That's a relief... but i wonder how is transition from city to battlefield gonna work when forming the squad?

How so?  From a purely technical standpoint, the actual transition is pretty simple.  You leave the township, a host is selected, and the final door won't open until all clients have reported that they finished stream loading the level.  That's how I'd handle it, at any rate.

What'll be interesting is how it'll handle instance swapping, like I invite a buddy to join my session in progress.  Will he teleport to me, or will we both need to return to town first?

1 minute ago, UltimateGrr said:

What'll be interesting is how it'll handle instance swapping, like I invite a buddy to join my session in progress.  Will he teleport to me, or will we both need to return to town first?

I sorta hope that joining friends load into the "buffer zone" between the settlement and the combat zone. So they load in and then run out to meet you.

Edited by halofury36

Just now, halofury36 said:

I sorta hope that joining friends load into the "buffer zone" between the settlement and the combat zone. So they load in and then run out to meet you.

I dunno, be sort of cool to see the Liset pull up and drop them off, or have them swoop in on an Archwing.

I remember those days of weekly weapons too, way back when the game started open beta. I think those might have been leftover assets from Dark Sector or something. Remember how the dark sword and dark dagger used exactly the same model? And the ceramic dagger and cronus? (actually, has that changed?) Glaive definitely was straight from Dark Sector. Plasma Sword and Gram use the same model IIRC. I don't think the once-a-week weapons was ever sustainable.

I fear that DE might abandon their desire to spread players out across the solar system and make playing random nodes worth it regardless of whether you're a newbie or veteran to pull everyone into one giant area the player base might quickly see as "the endgame node" and drain even more players from the already sparsely played nodes in the system.

46 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

My point still applies.

However, I'll concede this much: the open world design may act as a solution to many of my issues with the game, it's just the matter of if DE can execute on it correctly or not, but given the direction insinuated by the demo, it seems they might reach such a compromise with me, so I was definitely hasty in my assessment.

It already is fixing one: Snipers will be useful :p

35 minutes ago, BPNPC said:

If I may add to this: Warframe also has a precedent of never exploiting the full potential of something before moving on. They never take one of the several systems or things they established further before moving on to the next thing. They really lack focus (pun intended).

Right now hype is through the roof for most people, but we've been here before always thinking on "and then when they add this-- or they expand on that--" but say... where are the syndicate weapon mods? Where are the prisma weaponry? Where are the operator new clothes? Where is damage 3.0? Where are the Warframe deluxe skins they promised? Where is the promised of "making people want to play nodes more"? Where are the new lisets? And the idea of a bigger ship, and how they were going revamp x and y? And a lot of these are just visual things that they can't even get themselves to continue producing. It all started strong, delivered, made people wonder about possibilities-- then it's stopped because they moved on to work on other things and now their "to do list" is longer than the "it's done" list because they refuse to finish a core system of the game.

I truly understand why Warframe is perpetually on Beta. They don't know where the game is going. They never had a plan, they never wanted it to be a solid thing. It's a college project that keeps getting twisted and see what works, and if it doesn't work just leave it and move on. Everyone is crazy hyped right now and are fueled by trailers shown but they never consider how... big of a project this is, how out of their league DE seems to be on this one.

I know I'm going to get in trouble for posting this because everyone is just blind with hype right now, but damn... maybe when hype dies down a bit people can lower their expectations so they don't get hit as hard by the crushing realization that they WILL MOVE ON. They will deliver this and then wonder "why don't we have Warframe kart racing?" and go do that instead of expand this. Don't let hype take over, not with the history of Warframe development.

Edited by Heatnix.