Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We are getting Operator armors. And that leaves us with a problem.

Kosen

5 hours ago, Kosen said:

For those who watched the whole tenno live stream last saturday, you should know that it is planned for the Plains of Eidolon update to add armour pieces to our operators.

So far, that's all good and dandy, until you remember our normal operator suits we got over time. Yes more fashion for our pation is good, however, if those pieces increases stats or modifies them in any way, shape or form, then the suits we BOUGHT with platinum would go to waste, as the better stats be preffered for better survivability, the looks of our operators we worked so hard for would go to waste.

BUT! This does not mean that there is no solution to this, and it's quite frankly, a simple one: Make the individual pieces of the suits so far available for crafting, and each part will have it's one little buff to our operators in some way! Heck since this update looks like the Warframe version of Breath of the Wild (please tell me I wasn't the only one that did this comparation), why not make that if you have equiped a suite set, you gain an unique passive for your operator, or make the pieces have mini buffs or passives that will multiply in streaght the more parts we have on.

But this is only my thoughts, what do you guys think about this?

I don't think these new armors will replace your old ones. It might just be adding above the suit like an extra layer of protection. And I'd guess those armors will only be visible when you venture into the mission zone of PoE and your operator will stay in the tight suit if you are in town or in your orbier

19 hours ago, Ksaero said:

I wonder how this armor is gonna look on top of Saita Prime which already has something like that.

L2N4Eii.jpg

16 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

All I can say is.... We're ready to strap on some armor and bring the fight.

F71AA821067F002F5E8BF9FDB1BE6CEC933D4D14

Ah, now I look at it again, after seeing all those Operator Suits, I figured some thing.

A) I realized those Operator Suit in the end offer no real protection before (unless upgraded) and is a garment of sort for the Tennos (most of them wear cool looking suits, but cool as Tennos).

B) So because this is tech and clothing ahead of any real world clothing, I can think that the clothing will stretch or size up when your (Operator) grow older. 

C) You have to Customize your Armors for the Outdoors, alright.

Thanks for Reading, got to spread the words around about [DE]Steve mentioning an aim of "Open Zone" rather than OW.

On 7/12/2017 at 4:17 AM, CY13ERPUNK said:

honestly DE needs to make ANY/ALL cosmetics completely dis-connected from ANY/ALL stats/mechanical buffs

ie how you make your tenno/WF look should NOT affect how they function

ie arcanes should get a SLOT and not require a cosmetic to be attached to

ie if we want to give players some more progression/grind/etc stuff, then give them the equivalent of another exilus or focus or whatevs, but have it NOT be connected to requiring a set of cosmetics

games like City of Heroes/Villains understood this fundamental aspect, you had the 'enhancements' screen where you customized all of your abilities/powers and then as a completely seperate system you had your costumes, which had no affect on your powers at all

do we want to only let ppl have certain mods/buffs/cosmetics only after they have done a certain task or 'earned' them? sure, thats fine, but just dont make it where this helm gives +23x and this helm gives +43y and then we have to pick/choose which helm we want becuz ppl will pick stats and then our appearance becomes a victim of stat-creep =/ {sure this is a willing choice, but this is a false/biased choice fallacy and its bad design}

<sniffs> Pours a cold one out for paragon city

I wish the Operators would be expanded upon. The armor being a good idea... I mostly just want varying differences in the way Operators play according to the Focus Schools. 

I don't feel as D.E. would forget about the cosmetics such as the equipable armor, facial accents, and accessories. 

The Operators really just need to have Focus, abilities, and defensive capabilities integrated into a cohesive experience. 

My main gripes with Operators are their energy reserves powering all of their abilities and the slow recharge of said energy. (Ugh!) If armor can alleviate these issues, I'm all for it! 

On 2017. 07. 12. at 5:50 AM, Ylantron said:

I mean since when Void energy can be channelled through some weapons? we already have Void energy channeled into the warframes

And from warframes we channel void energy into our melee weapons.

On 2017. 07. 12. at 5:12 AM, (PS4)theelix said:

They are like 16 years old... 

Attention all 16 year old, you are not allowed to have boobs. Thank you.

12 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Attention all 16 year old, you are not allowed to have boobs. Thank you.

Disagreeing with the usage of armors to explicitly bring attention to an underaged teen's breast is quite different from telling them they're not allowed to have them. 

But ok.

3 hours ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Disagreeing with the usage of armors to explicitly bring attention to an underaged teen's breast is quite different from telling them they're not allowed to have them. 

But ok.

Dude we are on the internet, at the moment you give a character avarage female body people gonna make perverted regards towards them. Just look at what r34 managed to do to our frames.

Also the original comment here was talking about mature operators and not teens.

On ‎12‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 6:01 AM, Kosen said:

So far, that's all good and dandy, until you remember our normal operator suits we got over time. Yes more fashion for our pation is good, however, if those pieces increases stats or modifies them in any way, shape or form, then the suits we BOUGHT with platinum would go to waste, as the better stats be preffered for better survivability, the looks of our operators we worked so hard for would go to waste.

Did you think about putting armor pieces ON TOP of our, lets say, normal clothes? It's like we do with skins on warframes, they are all good and stuff, but armor makes everything more flashy and cooler :D

4 hours ago, GoHardLikeNiksyn said:

Did you think about putting armor pieces ON TOP of our, lets say, normal clothes? It's like we do with skins on warframes, they are all good and stuff, but armor makes everything more flashy and cooler :D

Yeah but it doesn't looks like it wouls be like that. Images shows full coverage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, concept-wise I would have much preferred a more abstract "void magic" type of enhancements of the raw void energy, slotted in an abstract screen, rather than relying on a physical "amp" that merely duplicates what we do with warframes and weapons.  *le sigh*