Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does No One Like The Karak! :(

ProjectGalaxy

low crit, low status, damage mainly impact followed by slash, small mag.
all those negatives, and as positive it only has a good accuracy and low recoil

good vs corpus, but still other weapons are better (and if we talk of riven we are talking of people that are at least mr 8 and can afford a soma or other assault rifles), if we talk of mr0 yeah, good weapon overall

and for fashonframe, i think most of grineer weapons are not so appreciated

Because even the wraith variant is a status rifle with lower status than the Prisma Grakata and Braton Prime. Both of which already have fairly low status, and are only good vs. lvl 80+ enemies with proper rivens. Add to that the lower magazine size (not as bad on Wraith variant), and the fact its base damage is mostly impact.

23 hours ago, ProjectGalaxy said:

why does no one like the karak or want to buy rivens for it? :(

I cant really add anything what no one has said here already.

This weapon needs the following changes to be useful.

1. buff up status and crit to reach atleast 20%/10%
  2. OR increase damage by atleast 200% to make it a heavy hitting weapon.

I loved the Karak.  Unfortunately it falls short pretty quick.  It's a solid alternative to the Braton, but like the Braton dies off immediately once you get the Braton Prime or even the Tiberon.  Hopefully the new Grineer AR on the way is a return to form as an upgraded Karak of sorts.  I need a Grineer weapon that has a fair rate of dakka, good accuracy, next to no recoil, doesn't require I eat +2 slots with crit mods to do any damage, and a relatively quick reload that can do higher end content for a change.  Them Graxx skins are love, but everything that goes with them is either sub-par, is a hassle to use or just plain unsatisfying.

And I'd totally buy rivens for the Karak, if people weren't charging nearly $20-25 for them and I could guarantee somewhat decent rolls without some crippling effect to go with it.  Once saw someone try to sell a Panthera riven for like 650p with admittedly great stat boosts... save for the -102% projectile velocity.  Might as well go looking for a melee riven instead.

At least we'll be able to color our wraiths/vandals soon, which is nice.

Edited by Littleman88

I actually liked the Karak back when I first used it, so I was excited for a long time to try the Wraith out when it became available again and I even ended up with a riven for it.

...And in the end it just felt like it was worse than the Braton Prime I'd also stumbled onto a riven for in almost every way. Looking at the numbers they should be pretty close, but even 5% higher base status ends up feeling like a lot, and the Braton's higher slash damage weighting makes it feel much more generally useful as a status machine gun.

Didn't exactly have a great riven roll for either, though. Maybe I just stumbled on something better for the Braton.

Edited by OvisCaedo

On 4.8.2017 at 10:48 AM, ProjectGalaxy said:

why does no one like the karak or want to buy rivens for it? :(

I have two rivens for my Karak Wraith that make it at least viable for mid level planets. But even rivens cannot save the regular Karak. The regular Karak is good at nothing and sadly MR fodder. 

For me the only good thing about the regular Karak is its sound. I just sounds great. And I totally love how the sound changes the less ammo you have. That is something very very unique. 

I wish there was a Syndicate mod that gave the Karak something special :sadcry:

Edited by k05h

I actually use the Karak wraith and I am currently working my way on the conclave to get the conclave skin for it, sadly you do need a riven to make it viable in sorties.

I currently have a multishot + cold that does the job, without a riven I don't think it would fair too well versus level 100 enemies, I still think the weapon is pretty decent, even the non wraith variant does the job well with proper modding

I love the Karak! It was the first rifle I made that was really good when I was new, I recently built its Wraith version and intend to reroll my riven for it and hope for the best. Karak and Galatine carried me for so long till I discovered dragon nikana then primes. That and it's very satisfing to shoot, I'll pop off random shots just because the sound is just 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Edited by GenerationX3

As someone else pointed out, it's a weapon loved by many, but gets outclassed by so many other weapons.  I'd love to see it buffed, or a syndicate/prime variant be made.

It was the first rifle I made to replace the default braton I had.  I used frost, then frost prime once I learned there was a better version (hey, I paid 35p for the entire set back then) along with Karak to unlock so much of the star chart.

Meh if a weapon needs a riven to keep up with actual good weapons I won't use it because I try to push my runs as long as I can. For starchart you ca. Use the Karak but even then its outclassed by so many other weapons its not funny. Include the meta weapons as well and it becomes even less desirable as well! To be honest I only own good rivens for the Zarr and Pox... I liked the. For the asthetic though not the stats. They just so happen to be meta, funny how that works right? I do thobk the karak could be good though... But impaxt is just awful so it would still see very little use unless it was buffed to soma primes level and then some.

On 8/8/2017 at 10:14 AM, (Xbox One)Zweimander said:

Meh if a weapon needs a riven to keep up with actual good weapons I won't use it because I try to push my runs as long as I can. For starchart you ca. Use the Karak but even then its outclassed by so many other weapons its not funny. Include the meta weapons as well and it becomes even less desirable as well! To be honest I only own good rivens for the Zarr and Pox... I liked the. For the asthetic though not the stats. They just so happen to be meta, funny how that works right? I do thobk the karak could be good though... But impaxt is just awful so it would still see very little use unless it was buffed to soma primes level and then some.

The point of rivens was to push a weapon a little further anyways, not necessarily top tier.