Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

I like the theme actually. And it fits perfectly because of a mythical creature called Cockatrice (sometimes breathing fire). Usually cockatrice has similar abilities to that of a basilisk. Petrification stare or breath rather than fire-breath.

Okay, may sound a bit harsh.

2 hours ago, Rociel said:

I was ready to accept it and buy it because it was extremely different to what Ember is currently, but then it just looked like an business-woman in a suit, with infested flesh on her side. Nothing, except that burning hole on her back, spoke to me fire theme, phoenix or chicken (which i was I have been calling ember from the start).

I'll tell you what this original Deluxe skin represented. The original Deluxe Ember was not Infested. This skin showed the contrast between the beauty and breaking point. It shows that Ember can be a beauty, but all a deadly force. This skin showed how Ember was a hidden, deadly power. The thing you call "infested flesh" is actually just burning, black rock, similar to volcanoes. The "businesswoman" side you're talking about is actually just showing how Ember is a beauty burning away (though I don't see any businesswoman in it). The "hole" in the back is the eruption point of volcanoes, which shows that Ember can explode and burn everything away. This speaks more than fire, this speaks deadly volcanoes. And the point of Deluxe skins are to sort of step away from the original look of the Warframe. This is why the Vermilion skin doesn't really fit. No flames, no Phoenix. Just... elemental peacock.

I was worried it would end up like Frost did, where his skin doesn't go together with anything else the frame has to offer. I like to mix up my deluxe skins with other helmets. But, like i said, i would have bought it.

Are you saying that Frost Harka isn't thematic, because if so, realize that Frost Harka transforms Frost from Ice Warrior to the incredible Ice Viking!

New, released, Ember Deluxe skin feels very comforting to me. I bought it, i used it, I recoloured it and I like it. However, it's not that good because it feels comforting. It doesn't go far enough for me to be a deluxe skin, it doesn't challenge my perception of Ember, it's just kick-&#! looking vanilla Ember to me. The colouring options completely sell it to me though, because I can easily match dark and light colours on it, providing that sweet punch to her looks. It has good outlines, which I really like as well, since I`m not a huge fan of that Zephyr's  melted ice-cream look. What I really miss is more flame effect. Ember Prime's helmet if really nice with it's flame, i really hoped to see more of that in Ember Deluxe - it would speak volumes to her theme.

I'm glad you like it, but like you said this skin is not enough, it's vanilla ember a bit more edgy, it could even pass as an ember tune-up or straight model rework, but it just doesn't cut it as a "Deluxe" skin. 

And it certainly is not what people expected or wanted, not getting rid of the mohawk is the worst of all the mistakes in this skin.

4 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

As of Update 22.2.0, the Nekros and Ember deluxe skin bundles came out. They both look absolutely incredible, good job on the deluxe skins DE! 

But on to the issue at hand. Players are going crazy on Ember’s deluxe skin because they wanted the old original concept, which I can understand from their perspective because I liked the old concept as well. However, we got a total 100% different deluxe skin. Which in my opinion, I love it, the skin looks amazing!

To all the players out there that are mad at DE for doing what they’re doing for choosing the other deluxe skin instead of the original concept, please calm down, the hate needs to stop. It is seriously getting out of hand.

If you don’t like the skin, no need to get pitchforks and hate DE.

It's not hate, strong opinion what we like and dislike. A form of taste where we said we like it sweet and we got salt.

The minority is kissing up when the majority is unhappy, what do you want ?

At least we are coming closer in getting all the animals for our Animal farm story...

14 hours ago, ZoneDymo said:

and funny enough are you the only one obsessed with the mohawk, I never said anything about it, the helmet does only so much for me.
(actually about her helmet I like the creepy stalker-like egg head the most)
Her entire look is a warframe'd up version of all you mention, you can see it in her broad shoulders, the things on her arms that are feathers but might as well be like tassles or something from a leather jacket.

If you cant see that in the design, thats fine, I can and think the skin looks great.

Not everyone should like it as then we would see everyone walking around with it which would just be boring, variation is the spice of life.
I am not a fan of the Nova deluxe skin, does not mean I dont love that they added it so I can enjoy watching others wearing it.
I love Gara's alt helmet more then the standard, does not mean I did not want the standard to exist at all.

maybe because the mohawk is the only aspect of the frame that could be perceived as punk. you are just making things up with thinking broads shoulders and feathers equates to a leather jacket and and tassles. 

there really isn't much (or really) any punk to the design. It's a chicken with weird coloring. 

it's also rather petty to not want a design to be popularly received just so you can feel unique for wearing it. perhaps if there was a large influx of deluxe choices you could argue for appealing to lesser crowds, but given how sparse options are, shunting the majority is nothing more than being selfish. 

Edited by Cubewano

19 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Yeah well... that's released now I guess.

I... cannot say I'm a fan. Like, at all. I'm mostly been oblivious to this whole debacle, but I can understand people's perspectives now. It honestly does not look good to me. I'll go through a few points.

Firstly, I don't see the bonecrunching necessity for Ember to ALWAYS HAVE A MOHAWK. What's the point in alternate helmets and skins if you have to keep this aspect in all of them? Also not a fan of this one in particular, it looks like some bizzare centurion comb.

Secondly, the feathers. Oh god the feathers. They look rubbery and sparse. On the arms, the legs, the mohawk, everywhere those feathers are they look horrid. The sparseness makes her look like she's been poorly plucked. They look even worse than Zephyr's, and hers are kinda iffy to start with.

Third, those teeny tiny wings on her back look straight-up shriveled. Atrophied.

Lastly, and least important I guess, the default color choices are really wonky. Really, blues greens and whites? It makes her look like a peacock.

So overall, Ember Deluxe does not look like a phoenix. She looks like a poorly-plucked peacock with wings shriveled from some kind of horrible degenerative disease.

I was really hopeful.

She looks like this.
ktDVaIN.jpg

15 minutes ago, Sasori4Q2 said:

It's not hate, strong opinion what we like and dislike. A form of taste where we said we like it sweet and we got salt.

The minority is kissing up when the majority is unhappy, what do you want ?

At least we are coming closer in getting all the animals for our Animal farm story...

Nice Animal Farm reference. Keepin' it classy since the Russian Revolution.

4 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

As of Update 22.2.0, the Nekros and Ember deluxe skin bundles came out. They both look absolutely incredible, good job on the deluxe skins DE! 

But on to the issue at hand. Players are going crazy on Ember’s deluxe skin because they wanted the old original concept, which I can understand from their perspective because I liked the old concept as well. However, we got a total 100% different deluxe skin. Which in my opinion, I love it, the skin looks amazing!

To all the players out there that are mad at DE for doing what they’re doing for choosing the other deluxe skin instead of the original concept, please calm down, the hate needs to stop. It is seriously getting out of hand.

If you don’t like the skin, no need to get pitchforks and hate DE.

Agreed.

I got it and it works out just as I envisioned with the Majesty Helmet and different colors.

1wG4m17.jpg

tAKbhQL.jpg

2B9Unjr.jpg

g1GVLMI.jpg

Why am I not surprised considering the op?

The blind White knighting of DE needs to end.
The strawmaning of arguments needs to end.

People have reasons not to like the Ember skin or not to agree with how DE handle the situation - mix those two and you have very nice environment.

1 minute ago, bubbabenali said:

yotfr.gif

I can't tell if you're referring to her new Deluxe skin, or literally any non-Tennogen appearance Ember has ever had access to. Both her default forms have three-taloned feet and frilly mohawks. Ember Prime legit has a beak. I don't really understand why people are bent outta shape and surprised about how the new skin is "suddenly" birdlike.

6 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I can't tell if you're referring to her new Deluxe skin, or literally any non-Tennogen appearance Ember has ever had access to. Both her default forms have three-taloned feet and frilly mohawks. Ember Prime legit has a beak. I don't really understand why people are bent outta shape and surprised about how the new skin is "suddenly" birdlike.

There is a difference between a Phoenix and a rooster tho.

Also mohawks suck - at least the prime helmet isn't that obvious at that.

And, doesn't it feels kinda stupid to have a frame called Ember how's every skin is a remix of a burning rooster, instead of an elemental?

Edited by bubbabenali

Ember's new deluxe skin looks alright. I, preferably, wouldn't want to spend 165 platinum on a skin that looks like that, no offense. I do like the delux synandanna, (if that's how you spell it.) and the weapon skins included. I, if I did buy the skin, would use the armor for the body and the Tennogen Majesty skin that was made, fuse those together and I'd imagine it would look pretty wicked. I also am a bit of a fan of the mohawk that she has, but the fact it was put more into a spike of feathers was a bit of a turn off for me. It'd look better if, instead of feather-like metal, was more of a horn that curves up from the back of the neck that slowly extends out to stand out right to the front like how the deluxe skin is. Not only that, but along the edge could have like a golden trimming down the edge. That'd look amazing, in my opinion.

Really, one of the biggest issue I see people have with the skin is that they do not like how the helmet looks. Just use a different helmet. Personally, aside from the helmet, Ember Vermilion looks pretty darn great. You just gotta mess around with the colors for a bit to get it just right.

17 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Why am I not surprised considering the op?

The blind White knighting of DE needs to end.
The strawmaning of arguments needs to end.

People have reasons not to like the Ember skin or not to agree with how DE handle the situation - mix those two and you have very nice environment.

While I remotely agree, I do disagree as well. I’m not saying players should stop hating on it, what I’m trying to say is that players that are ranting without constructive criticism about it should stop saying what they’re saying.

Hate is just way too popular on forums. A post like this is a lost cause.

Personally, I think it looks cool. I prefer the helmet over the body though. I like that it looks odd and punk like, with all is wiggly bits. I really don't see what the immense hate is about. I cant really say I like it BETTER than the Ignus design, but on its own it's not really that bad. 

The Ignus designs, while beautifully done, really just appeals to that generic bad &#! look that's an easy draw. So of course people will say "that's awesome". I'm sure they would love a dark edgy dragon Knight skin for Excalibur too. It's the kind of design that if you took a poll, you would eventually get to a half burnt sexy badass. 

The new skin tries to be odd, and I appreciate it for that. My main critique is that I think body could've used a bit "more"to it to keep in line with the helmet, but it's growing on me.

Edited by Hypernaut1

5 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

Really, one of the biggest issue I see people have with the skin is that they do not like how the helmet looks. Just use a different helmet. Personally, aside from the helmet, Ember Vermilion looks pretty darn great. You just gotta mess around with the colors for a bit to get it just right.

Exactly! I, personally, would use the Majesty helmet.

Edited by (XB1)Mythical Warden

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Hate is just way too popular on forums. A post like this is a lost cause.

Personally, I think it looks cool. I prefer the helmet over the body though. I like that it looks odd and punk like, with all is wiggly bits. I really don't see what the immense hate is about. I cant really say I like it BETTER than the Ignus design, but on its own it's not really that bad. 

The Ignus designs, while beautifully done, really just appeals to that generic bad &#! look that's an easy draw. So of course people will say "that's awesome". I'm sure they would love a dark edgy dragon Knight skin for Excalibur too. It's the kind of design that if you took a poll, you would eventually get to a half burnt sexy badass. 

The new skin tries to be odd, and I appreciate it for that. My main critique is that I think body could've used a bit "more"to it to keep in line with the helmet, but it's growing on me.

Yeah, that’s true, hate really is popular on the forums, sadly. Thank you for using constructive criticism.