Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

2 hours ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

So, that being said: I am sure that Ember Deluxe will not return for legal reasons. But I urge the Devs to be a bit "open minded" and respect the opinion and feedback of the new artist who will be designing them. As well as players, o course... We have seen Octavia's art and it looks amazing. 

Now this is a very good example of how feedback should be.  Not a rant, but an honest and respectful request for the future.  

Take note fellow Tenno.  This is how you voice your opinion without insulting someone's work.  

I agree that I don't care much for the mohawk look.  I liked the body enough to work with it.  Heck, I bought the Majesty skin just because I liked the helmet and that it completely wasn't Ember's traditional mohawk theme.  I paired them together to get a look that I really like.  
My only real problem with most of this topic is how some have basically been insulting another's work.  I can also agree that some fire effects on parts of the skin would be nice.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
additional statements

the problem isn't that im hating the skin cus it's super ugly. i hate it cus they showed a gorgeous design and let us wait a YEAR for this skin and then they come up with a chicken, it's like making fun of the people waiting for it. This is beyond trolling and FAR over the line they shouldn't cross EVER.

12 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

Look, guys, the skin sucks. Everyone knows it sucks. She looks like a chicken. Always kinda looked like a chicken to me, but now it's just ridiculous. But what, exactly, do you expect from such a rushed project. The original skin that everyone loved so much came from a IgnusDei and he left. If you're in the digital art scene, using someone's concept like that after they leave is just a slap in the face and a terrible thing to do. They had to do something, and do something fast. It's what we got. Kinda sucks, but you have to understand that the project didn't exactly go smoothly. 

Coulda just postponed the dang thing really.

I mean, if it was only Nekros' deluxe that popped out I'm a happy lad regardless. Now we're stuck with Tennogen stuff if we want ember skins that are remotely pleasing to the eyes.

Coulda give 0 fudges if they said they're gonna delay ember deluxe release if it means they could/ would've gotten more time to concoct a more polished design than what we got.

19 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

Coulda just postponed the dang thing really.

Coulda give 0 fudges if they said they're gonna delay ember deluxe release if it means they could/ would've gotten more time to concoct a more polished design than what we got.

To us, sure. I wouldn't mind waiting for it and buying a better skin, but as you said it was postponed for more than a year and had already been announced and advertised. We're not the only ones at stake here, there are investors, marketers and various other hoops to jump through. If they'd said "Ember skin coming soon" sure, but they set a date and everything. It's not as simple as just pulling out. 

I just bought the skin, and it's really not that bad. I like how it colors, and the body isn't as plain as it looks in pictures. 

It's definitely a chicken though. My 4 y/o soon saw it and the first thing he said is "you have a chicken warframe?" And laughed. 

Once again forum completely overreacts. I think DE definitely intended to go weird on this one and not hot fire chick.

Ingus designs were cool, but I don't mind WF being open to more weird, surreal designs that take risk for premium skins.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Ok honest to god i really tried to make this skin look good overnight... I only manged to make it look decent. sure it doesn't look god awful but it feels like i am actually forced to wear the deluxe helmet because it blends with the skin, when i REALLY DON'T WANT TO WEAR IT. the closest i have gotten to a good helmet is without it is using the EPrime helmet aaaaand not many people have that. putting any alt helms or the normal helm just looks really weird and the only helmet i have seen that would fit this skin is a tennogen skin and that would make it passible for me. THere was one thing your deluxe skins actually had that ignis didn't a freedom to combine an alt/prime/tennogen/or  vanilla helmet to the deluxe an still have it look GREAT... but nothing fits with this one. reasons as to why i don't want to wear it

• Mohawk REALLY overdone, like 3X bigger than any other
  • Cloth physics on tall fat feathers
  • Little pebble areas on the head near the mohawk feel really weird for me
  • Not enough fire to compare to the prime at all
  • Little hooked areas that stick out with tiny flames giving not only a mohawk but a small curved up ponytail attached to it. 
  • Fire earrings? light delicate looking fire earrings on a punk rock girl?

Now for the body. honestly i was expecting to hate it alot more but i still have issues with it.

• Legs are a tiny bit chunky and really bright when i want color between the legs
  • More feathers that lack a ton of fire which i thought fire was going to be added to every tip of the feather.
  • Chunky in general
  • Huge bulky shoulders that we can't take off
  • the shoulder pads are like a permanent attachment which mean the armor goes Ontop of them on a really weird placement.
  • Tons of feathers for her which makes her feel more like a fire based zephyr instead of a phoenix
  • Her back Really asks for some sort of large syandana OR the crest one you provided which feels like she can only fit one type of cosmetic
  • Comparing her shoulders and then her chest, layering just feels way way off/weird.
  • I see a ton of metalic on her, this can be a good thing, if it wasn't all so pushed up to the top of the frame on her... PUSHING OUT OF THE MOHAWK IN AN OUTLINE!
  • if the feathers weren't tall enough we have clown noses ontop of those

So just compared to Tennogen and the Prime, have to say it is a Tiny bit better than the prime for me with the color scheme i settled on for her... on the C slot. the other 2 are tennogen which honestly beat it out by a long shot. Now Eprime helmet i had to use and just saying, all the fire on the deluxe makes up a small fraction ember prime had on hers and her mohawk feels a ton more toned down and controlled, and doesn't need to be the fashion statement of the frame. It feels like she needs more fire. oh yeah also it feels like with this skin she NEEDS to have a mohawk even though i really don't want one for her because i tried out the popular ember majesty helmet and it looked waaay out of place, and i'm saying it feels like we need one for her because THERE IS ONLY ONE WITHOUT THE MOHAWK SO WERE FORCED TO USE ONE! Plus i only now noticed this after coloring her, the effects on her feathers look like magma... a cruel reminder that we can't have the prev ember deluxe. 

I know i said before shouting at DE is a bit rude, but i just had to this time. she's hard to color, model is all over the place, giant attack on titan mohawk that pushes out with over the top metallics and design. it's theme is all over the place and i'm pretty sure it's bigger than the Nova asuri skin. Please this skin CAN be kept in the game for those who like it but can we get a promise to get the original or something like it? 

Edit: Forgot to mention this but this was also forced upon up without any confirmation if this was any better or acceptable for the game, unlike other skins made before, in it's completed form so we had no way to say hey, this shouldn't be put in try something else. Don't even give us that oh but we wanted it to be a surprise thing, because although you kept that with nekros... you showed off the proto skins, gersemi, all the other deluxe skins before hand, and tons of different variants of the zephyr skins. A surprise is nice, only if it's actually good DE.  I didn't have any intention of actually buying this skin in the first place and only actually got it because there was an all around pistol skin and an interesting syandana which should not have been the reason to buy the collection. as i stated before the primary reason should be the skin itself.  So i thought hey, if i have the skin maybe i should play around with it a bit, NOPE it still doesn't work very well for me. tell me, she is meant to look like a punk rock girl and yet the only suitable color set i could fall on is a dove of all things!? don't worry it's a dove of fire and fat feathers.

Edited by Violet_Xe
Forgot some other reasons

6 minutes ago, Violet_Xe said:

Ok honest to god i really tried to make this skin look good overnight... I only manged to make it look decent. sure it doesn't look god awful but it feels like i am actually forced to wear the deluxe helmet because it blends with the skin, when i REALLY DON'T WANT TO WEAR IT. the closest i have gotten to a good helmet is without it is using the EPrime helmet aaaaand not many people have that. putting any alt helms or the normal helm just looks really weird and the only helmet i have seen that would fit this skin is a tennogen skin and that would make it passible for me. THere was one thing your deluxe skins actually had that ignis didn't a freedom to combine an alt/prime/tennogen/or  vanilla helmet to the deluxe an still have it look GREAT... but nothing fits with this one. reasons as to why i don't want to wear it

• Mohawk REALLY overdone, like 3X bigger than any other
  • Cloth physics on tall fat feathers
  • Little pebble areas on the head near the mohawk feel really weird for me
  • Not enough fire to compare to the prime at all
  • Little hooked areas that stick out with tiny flames giving not only a mohawk but a small curved up ponytail attached to it. 
  • Fire earrings? light delicate looking fire earrings on a punk rock girl?

Now for the body. honestly i was expecting to hate it alot more but i still have issues with it.

• Legs are a tiny bit chunky and really bright when i want color between the legs
  • More feathers that lack a ton of fire which i thought fire was going to be added to every tip of the feather.
  • Chunky in general
  • Huge bulky shoulders that we can't take off
  • the shoulder pads are like a permanent attachment which mean the armor goes Ontop of them on a really weird placement.
  • Tons of feathers for her which makes her feel more like a fire based zephyr instead of a phoenix
  • Her back Really asks for some sort of large syandana OR the crest one you provided which feels like she can only fit one type of cosmetic
  • Comparing her shoulders and then her chest, layering just feels way way off/weird.
  • I see a ton of metalic on her, this can be a good thing, if it wasn't all so pushed up to the top of the frame on her... PUSHING OUT OF THE MOHAWK IN AN OUTLINE!
  • if the feathers weren't tall enough we have clown noses ontop of those

So just compared to Tennogen and the Prime, have to say it is a Tiny bit better than the prime for me with the color scheme i settled on for her... on the C slot. the other 2 are tennogen which honestly beat it out by a long shot. Now Eprime helmet i had to use and just saying, all the fire on the deluxe makes up a small fraction ember prime had on hers and her mohawk feels a ton more toned down and controlled, and doesn't need to be the fashion statement of the frame. It feels like she needs more fire. oh yeah also it feels like with this skin she NEEDS to have a mohawk even though i really don't want one for her because i tried out the popular ember majesty helmet and it looked waaay out of place, and i'm saying it feels like we need one for her because THERE IS ONLY ONE WITHOUT THE MOHAWK SO WERE FORCED TO USE ONE! Plus i only now noticed this after coloring her, the effects on her feathers look like magma... a cruel reminder that we can't have the prev ember deluxe. 

I was first to buy both Ember and Nekros Delux Skins. But I still don't like Embers Helmet. It's not just overdone but it's like someone went out of their way to make it look ugly. I'm using the Skin with Ember Prime's helmet.

25 minutes ago, KingNoobsta said:

I was first to buy both Ember and Nekros Delux Skins. But I still don't like Embers Helmet. It's not just overdone but it's like someone went out of their way to make it look ugly. I'm using the Skin with Ember Prime's helmet.

that's what i'm did too but still, doesn't EPrime still look that small bit out of place?

On 11/1/2017 at 5:10 PM, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

EDIT : By contract, Digital Extremes is not allowed to use Ignus's design in any form, sorry guys.

I'm sorry, but what? Who told you this?

Look, just to set the record straight: As I understand it, DE has full rights to the Ember Deluxe 1.0 design, otherwise they would not have been able to display those changes to the artwork on the devstream.

Edited by IgnusDei

47 minutes ago, IgnusDei said:

Look, just to set the record straight: As I understand it, DE has full rights to the Ember Deluxe 1.0 design, otherwise they would not have been able to display those changes to the artwork on the devstream.

They were also able to use the Mag skin as well so i don't see why they didn't use the ember one even when it's what majority wanted 

1 hour ago, IgnusDei said:

I'm screenshoting this just in case...

I left WF about 15 months ago (not the first time) and came back two weeks ago.  Honestly during that period I got bugged for the lack of love for Ember, my main frame who I've probably got 800+ hours on in most every situation WF can offer, and how newer frames were getting deluxe skins and tennogen content before she was, when she was nearly one of the original.  Finally get a skin and...its....kind of cool?

Honestly every delux skin I love and want except for nyx/excal and nova, even though I don't play most of the frames that have deluxe skins.  Mag and Banshee's are my favorite, so I was sooooooooo excited that we finally got a delux skin for her.  This one, its kind of fun, I mean its got infested warframe birdperson aesthetic, and she's really Zephyr's cousin now...I'm down with the bird look (though I use arcane phoenix helmet), but this kind of did the rooster theme to death.  The arms are the coolest part, the feet are cool though not as unique as the original chicken talons, the back tail feathers made me laugh but in a good way for the most part. Her butt area is :/  though I appreciate the changes to her proportions I suppose (higher hips, thinner waist etc) I love the way the feathers flank the arms and everything.  The only part I actually dislike is the head - but I respect the artist/art director's want to push to go a little crazy.  Still, the leg area and chest area is a little messy imo.

So I'm disappointed, not because its a bad skin, and not because I wanted IgnusDei's original concept, but because it just doesn't strike me with the same 'oh S#&$ that is a New aesthetic and like warframe updated 2.0 look' that the other skins have.  Its a little bit busier than all of the skins I feel, and not in some crazy way like special effects that do funky things.

It is not a bad skin, it just isn't as impactful as the majority of other deluxe skins.  That, and the fact that I can't be super amped about it and be purely positive for the artist's work, and after waiting for so long for it is why I am sad.  Still, I am thankful that its here.

They created a Memeframe. Ignoring the IgnusDei concept and comments of it, DE would still have seen(very crystal clear) that the other responses are that it is taking a concept that nobody enjoyed from the prime look and adding more to it. Despite this they decided to release it.

If it was any other type of design no matter how good or bad it would have been, I believe with how I've seen the community react throughout the years that there wouldn't have been such an outrage. But they did.

It would have gone the route of the Knave skin for Loki. Not mind-blowing or worthy of disputing a disgusting feature of it.

And, if they believed we wouldn't notice that they rushed the skin..

6 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I just bought the skin, and it's really not that bad. I like how it colors, and the body isn't as plain as it looks in pictures. 

It's definitely a chicken though. My 4 y/o soon saw it and the first thing he said is "you have a chicken warframe?" And laughed. 

Once again forum completely overreacts. I think DE definitely intended to go weird on this one and not hot fire chick.

Ingus designs were cool, but I don't mind WF being open to more weird, surreal designs that take risk for premium skins.

Some artists portray Phoenix's are fiery chickens, so its not far from truth.  However I don't see chicken when I see her Deluxe.  Her mohawk looks like the feathers from her legs and arms, so it can't be a chicken... however it does look like a Sulfur-crested Cockatoo to me.  :P

Anyways, chicken or not, I love it, just wish it had more 'fire'.

Edited by VxdVxn
Typo

14 minutes ago, VxdVxn said:

Some artists portray Phoenix's are fiery chickens, so its not far from truth.  However I don't see chicken when I see her Deluxe.  Her mohawk looks like the feathers from her legs and arms, so it can't be a chicken... however it does look like a Sulfur-crested Cockatoo to me.  :P

Anyways, chicken or not, I love it, just wish it had more 'fire'.

They could've used more flames on the skin, i agree.

On 11/2/2017 at 8:45 AM, xXDeadsinxX said:

At the end of the day, it’s down to personal taste if you like the skin or not. But bringing the pitchforks out is another thing.

DE did not want to redo the skin, they had to redo the skin.

Yes, and the prevailing opinion seems to be that the second take is sub par. What is wrong with pointing that out?

This is not at all completely true, but from an Outside perspective the whole thing looks like:

- Artist Designed Ember Delux Skin and DE wanted to literally shove a Mohawk into the Design.

- Artist Refused, Artist gets Fired for Refusing.

- DE proceeds to design an Ember Delux skin with the most gaudy, over-the-top Mohawk possible JUST to spite the previous Artist they so "unfairly" Fired.

- Reddit Explodes.

Note, Maybe 80% of this isn't true at all, but this is what it LOOKS like to an Outsider without the Facts looking into the situation. In other words, Not Good at All.

Thinking on it, I kind of wish that DE ran polls for stuff like this. Putting out like three possible designs for a deluxe skin and seeing which one the community actually... y'know. Wants. BEFORE starting to go ahead and model it.

It would stop things like this happening and overall result in skins that more people want to buy. All for the cost of... like two more pieces of concept art?